[Sivananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, January 2017

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Tue Jan 3 08:52:59 EST 2017

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
January 2017
====================================

OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
"New Year Message" by Swami Sivananda

"On this glorious New Year’s day make a strong resolve to wipe away all
the old worldly Vasanas or tendencies and bad impressions and to control
the senses and the mind.
Know the value of time. Time is most precious. Utilise every second
profitably. Live every moment of your life for the realisation of your
ideal and goal. Do not procrastinate. That "tomorrow" will never come.
Now or never. Abandon idle gossiping. Kill egoism, laziness and inertia.
Forget the past. A glorious and brilliant future is awaiting you.
Equal vision is the touchstone of knowledge. Unselfishness is the
touchstone of virtue. Brahmacharya is the touchstone of ethics. Oneness
is the touchstone of Self-realisation. Humility is the touchstone of
devotion. Therefore, be unselfish, humble and pure. Develop equal
vision. Be in tune with the Infinite." -Swami Sivananda <More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm>

Early Morning Meditation Talks from Ponder These Truths by Sri Swami
Chidananda

"This Moment"
This moment is God. God comes to you as this moment. He does not descend
in some sort of supramundane shape and size with lights flashing and
sound emanating. He comes silently as this moment. Now is God. He
constantly keeps coming to you as now, as this moment. We have to help
God to help us when He comes as kaloham—I am time, I am life.
And what is life and what is time if it is not now, if it is not this
moment? Without any distinction of age or sex or caste or creed or race
it is given to everyone, saint or sinner. That is the equal vision of
the Divine. It is not withheld from anyone. It is given to everyone. God
comes to everyone as this moment. This is life. This is the I AM
God—here, now. That is the greatest thing. This moment is the most
tremendous thing that can happen to you. It is the greatest thing that
can be given to you. Be wise. Make use of this moment and bless yourself
eternally. - Swami Chidananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

New Year Greetingd from  Sri Swami Adhtytmananda

"Do not be attracted by seeing a beautiful entrance gate. Most of the
time there are NO houses behind it."
But, this is an old saying. Yes, beautiful gates are always entrances
for small pockets of villages or group of beautiful bungalows. That is
the positive thinking that immediately we may not find any house but, it
may be opening of heaven even. Last year, we welcomed year 2016 with all
glamour, pomp and show. But, unfortunately, across the world, there were
fires, storms, avalanches, earth quakes and unfortunate restlessness of
terrorism.
And now again, we have to welcome year 2017 with all enthusiasm. Year
may come or go. May it have enough rain or drought, may it be very hot
or bring heavy snow fall, we keep on working. In the farm, the farmer
keeps busy with tiling of land, sowing the seed, removal of the weed,
taking care of crop and when actually crop is ready for harvesting and
oh! a big crowd of locusts come and within no time they eat away entire
earning of the farmer. But, after such bitter experience, again with all
enthusiasm, hope and attitude of positivity, he starts tiling the land
for the next crop.....

To lead or live life of peace, bliss and illumination, company of Holy
men and Self-introspection is SINE QUA NON!  Abide in the Truth only,
nothing but TRUTH only. Do not try to fish for self-praise. Always give
credit to all those who are in your surroundings. Cultivate Attitude of
Gratitude. Daily Prayer is must ! Self-introspection and love for Nation
and Nature will bring happiness in true sense for Happy New Year 2017
..... << More>>.
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/Newyear%20Message%202017_Adhyat.htm>

With greetings for New Year 2017,
Thy own self,
Swami Adhyatmananda

Learning of  "Jeevan Yog" from a Yoga Acharya Swami Adhyatmananda
Through TV episodes of "Jeevan Yoga"
<http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm> Series by Doordarshan
Girnar

Bhastrika Pranayama

The meaning of the Sanskrit word ‘Bhastrika’ is ‘Bellows’, thus the
Bhastrika Pranayama is called the ‘bellows breath’. This form of
breathing increases the flow of air into the body to produce inner heat
at the physical and subtle level.
Bhastrika breathing is a dynamic and highly energizing abdominal
breathing exercise requiring a large expenditure of physical energy. It
is accomplished by breathing abdominally at the rate of 1-4 breaths per
second, with inhalations and exhalations equally emphasized and equally
active.
Kapalbhai Kriya
Kapal in Sanskrit means forehead, and Bhati in Sanskrit means Shining.
Practicing Kapalbhati on regular basis leads to shining face with inner
radiance. Kapalbhati is highly energizing abdominal breathing
exercise.   What we do in Kapalbhati Pranayama ?

In Kapalabhati we do quick exhalation and natural inhalation. Normally
exhalation takes one fourth of the time of inhalation. Quick exhalation
and natural inhalation follow each other. << Episode  77-80 >>
<http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm>

Highlighting News & Upcoming Events

News & Activity report for the Month of December 2016
<http://divyajivan.org/News%202016/News_December%202016.htm>

Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>/ December 2016
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_December%202016/DJ_Dec2016.pdf> /
Chidanandam
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/CHIDANANDAM.pdf>
Gitamrutam

Whoever offers Me with devotion and a pure mind (heart), a leaf, a
flower, a fruit or a little water—I accept (this offering). (9:26)

    Whatever thou doest, whatever thou eatest, whatever thou offerest in
sacrifice, whatever thou givest, whatever thou practiseth as austerity,
O Arjuna, do it as an offering unto Me! ( 9:27)

To those men who worship Me alone, thinking of no other, of those ever
united, I secure what is not already possessed and preserve what they
already possess.(9:22)

<http://divyajivan.org/Vivekananda/index.htm>
Vivekananda Jayanti ( Jan 12, 2016)
<http://divyajivan.org/Vivekananda/index.htm>
Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
  http://www.divyajivan.org/ <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
mailto;divyadivyajivan at divyajivan.org
|Subscribe | Unsubscribe| Manage Subscription |