[Chidananda] Newsletter, September 2023 - "Adhyatma Amrutam"

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Fri Sep 1 02:47:26 EDT 2023

Newsletter - September 2023
"Adhyatma Amrutuam"
   ====================================

OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
Om Namo Bhagawate Adhyatmanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
Glories of Lord Sri Krishna, Divine Incarnation-  On auspicious
Janmashtami ( Sept 6, 2023)

"Bhagavan Sri Krishna is the immortal manifestation of God in all His
splendor, that man was ever given the fortune to behold. Man! Blessed
thou art, that hast visualized with thy fleshly eyes the mighty Dignity
of the Supreme Sovereign of the Universe! Thou art purified; thy
birthright is to realize Him; thy fortune is a part of His Greatness!
Sri Krishna may be called the "Collective Man", who represented all
beings hungering and thirsting to gain the Highest Freedom and who
voiced forth their deepest aspirations in the loudest possible tone. He
came to release man from the thraldom of vice and correct his vision so
that he could walk along the ever-illumined path to perfection. Sri
Krishna is the articulation of the pure longings that are buried in the
hearts of people. Sri Krishna is not merely a historical man who came
and went, like others, but the Eternal Purusha who dwells even now and
shall live in the everlasting future, in the core of all manifestation.
It is the Symbol of the Absolute descended into relativity that we call
Krishna, the ever-beloved protector of all that breathe and air."

  "So Sri Krishna is called an Avatara, a descent of God in the world,
of the Whole in the parts, of the Absolute in the relative. An Avatara
is different from a Rishi or a Jivanmukta who represents an ascent of
man to God, whereas the Avatara is a descent of God to man, consciously
and deliberately. Sri Krishna lived the universal life, laughed a
universal laughter, and walked on earth as the moving Spirit of the
universe. To worship Him is to be in the Presence of God; to know Him is
to realize the Self."- Swami Sivananda << More>>.
<http://divyajivan.org/Janmasthami/index.htm>

Adoration & Prostrations Holy Master Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj on HIS
Birth Anniversary  (Sept 8, 2023)

   "Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj was the Man for the Mankind.
Each breath of his life he breathed to serve, love and give the best
what he could give or the best he could do for the mankind. He was a
Godman, filled with wonderful love in his heart. From head to toe he was
oozing with divine nectar of love, love and love only. He lived all his
life for the good of mankind and he became a person beloved by countless
people all over the world - Swami Adhyatmananda <<More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm>

Gurudev’s life after Self-realisation, after becoming an enlightened
sage and shining as a great light of the Himalayas, was a saga of
selfless service—service of the poor, service of the suffering, service
of the sick, service of the distressed, service of spiritual aspirants
and seekers, service of all humanity, service of the whole world. In
diverse, numerous ways, his entire life was one great, continuous stream
of selfless service. He had even forgotten how to think of himself; he
could only think of others. He lived thinking of others: "In what way
can I be of benefit, in what way can I serve?" That was Gurudev Swami
Sivanandaji Maharaj till the very last days."

  "Gurudev declared in one of his eighteen handwritten autobiographical
epistles: "I live to serve, to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to
raise the fallen, to console the distressed. This is my mission in
life." And anyone who has known him, anyone who has lived with him,
anyone who has seen him instantly recognised: "Here is a totally
selfless, dedicated human being." He fulfilled to the very letter the
scriptural description of this type of realised soul, who having
attained illumination, having done everything that has to be done,
having no desires because all their desires have been fulfilled through
God-realisation, are seen to be, in the words of the Gita, "intent on
the welfare of all creatures." << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm>

<http://divyajivahttp://divyajivan.org/sivananda/20_important_spiritual_inst.htm>

GURUDEV'S TWENTY SPIRITUAL INSTRUCTIONS
<http://divyajivahttp://divyajivan.org/sivananda/20_important_spiritual_inst.htm>

Early Morning Meditation talks from "Ponder These Truths" by Sri Swami
Chidananda

Salutation and Prostrations to Gurumaharaj on HIS Birth Anniversary
(Sept 24, 2023)
Chidananda Darshan - through Life incidence of Guru Maharaj

Kodanda Rama
After the holy occasion of Sridhara's sacred thread ceremony, when all
were returning from Tirupati Sridhar (Poorvashram name of Swamiji) felt
drawn by a beautiful idol of Sri Rama in one of the shops and beseeched
his parents to buy the image for him. The parents were happy to hear the
request and bought for him the wooden idol of Sridhar Sri Kodanda Rama.

Thereafter Sri Kodanda Rama was to occupy a central place in the
children's life in the house. The idol was installed by the side of the
family deity and offered ceremonial worship on all important occasions.
Sridhara was now found to be very meticulous in observing spiritual
discipline and rituals of worship. Daily he used to sit down at the feet
of Sri Kodanda Rama, in the company of his aunts, brother and sisters
and offer his
prayerful worship. A miraculous thing came to be observed at the time of
Sridhara's worship. When he used to offer flowers to the Lord, apply
fragrant sandal and vermillion to His forehead and light the lamp before
Him, the idol seemed to shine with an extraordinary effulgent halo and a
celestial smile used to wreathe the divine countenance. The young
devotees could see this almost everyday and they were thrilled with joy
at this manifestation of divine grace.
The image is still being worshipped at the residence of Srimati Malati
Bai Govind Rao at Jagir House, 213, Raja Street, Coimbatore. Malati Bai
Mataji is herself convinced that the idol has an undoubted potency and
mitigates the misfortunes of her family whenever they seek His protection.
"How Rama came into his life is an instructive lesson to every seeker.
To him in his childhood He came as the idol Kodanda Rama, whom he
worshiped and in whom he had his whole being. At a later stage, He came
to him in the shape of the unfortunate lepers. Then a time came when the
Lord appeared before him in the form of the inspired words of Ramdas.
Next, the life of Ramakrishna Paramahamsa rose before him as a beckoning
ideal. Saints and mystics blessed him. At last, the Lord gave him
Darshan in the form of his Sadguru. Sivananda entered into his very
being. He was filled with devotion to Guru. Sivananda dwelt in him and
he dwelt in Sivananda "
The story of Swami Chidananda has been a story of total divinisation of
the human personality. It is a story of silent service and complete
self-effacement. On the basis of the profound authority of his personal
experience and direct realisation, therefore, this peerless saint of the
Himalayas could proclaim to the world of seekers: "Yoga is not only in
Nirvikalpa Samadhi. It is in every moment.

Dying to The Little Self : ".......What Guru Maharaj has summed up as,
“Die to live, lead the divine life.” “When shall I be free? When I shall
cease to be.” “Then shall I be free, when I shall cease to be.” Then
shall be the great orb, the great sunrise of God-awareness,
God-consciousness, the great day of days, of rejoicing, of hallelujah,
of vijaya (victory). And forever this human consciousness is set to
rest, atyantika abhava (total, complete absence) of the false “I”. “For
it is in dying to the little self that one attains to ever-lasting
life.” It does not mean some grand or imaginary, fanciful, post-mortem
stage or other-worldly stage. Everlasting life is here and now, and
dying to the little self is the process of Yoga.  - Swami Chidananda
-<https://www.divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

Salutations & Prostration to Our beloved Gurumaharaj Sri Swami
Chidanandaji Maharaj on Birth Anniversary of HIS Holiness ( Sept 24,
2023)
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/chidananda/index.htm>

Remembering Life Divine of HIS Holiness
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

Learning of  "Jeevan Yog" from a Yoga Acharya Sri Swami Adhyatmananda
Through TV episodes of "Jeevan Yoga" Serie
<http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm>s by Doordarshan Girnar

Doordarshan TV Girnar has done wonderful Seva to Mankind by telecasting
of " Jeevan Yoga Series" containing 104 episodes by Pujya Sri Swami
Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj. It is a boon to all more so now, when HE is not
in the physical Presence. Pujya Swamiji has step by step covered a new
dimension of Yoga learning, not just the Yoga postures but a key to
integrate all aspects of life physical, intellectual and spiritual
through Yogic living to maintain sound body and peaceful mind that
enables sincere students to go deeper and subtler aspect of their being
there by live and lead harmonious, purposeful and Divine Life. It is a
complete guide to Yogic living filled with systemic, scientific and yet
simple & useful yoga teachings for the beginners as well as for the
advanced Yoga students. Swamiji has talked about holistic approach to
deal with most common medical problems, useful Yoga postures pertaining
to individual diseases, benefits of various kinds of Pranayam, Yoga
Nidra, Meditation and more....the presentation is in Gujarati but, all
will gather the essence of the teaching.

Surya Namaskara or Sun Salutation ("salute to the sun"), is a common
sequence of Hatha Yoga asanas. Its origins lie in a worship of Surya,
the Hindu Solar deity. This sequence of movements and poses can be
practised on varying levels of awareness, ranging from that of physical
exercise in various styles, to a complete sadhana, which incorporates
asana, pranayama, mantra and chakra meditation.

The physical base of the practice links together twelve asanas in a
dynamically performed series. These asanas are ordered so that they
alternately stretch the spine backwards and forwards. When performed in
the usual way, each asana is moved into with alternate inhalation and
exhalation (except for the sixth asana where the breath is held in
external suspension). A full round of Surya namaskara is considered to
be two sets of the twelve poses with a change in the second set to
moving the opposite leg first through the series. << Read More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/Yoga_Book/Sun_salutation.pdf> / Jeevan Yoga
Episode 14 <http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm> ( video clips )

*Highlighting the News
*

*"Adhyatma Amrutam*":
How Blissful, How wonderful satsang it was for all! In Loving Memory of
Brahmleen H.H. Pujya Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj, a big devotees'
group abour two hundred + of Pujya Swamiji organized " Adhyatma Amrutam"
Satsang on Aug 13, 2023. Pujya Swamiji Maharaj's subtle presence
pervaded the entire atmosphere & felt by all. Since Pujya Swamiji's
Mahasamadhi His scared "Paduka Pujan" by devotees is regular at the
Ashram and devotees' group meets & organizes Satsang in HIS honor.
Devotees of Swamiji  Maharaj all over praise Him & HIS Work. Sivananda
Ashram, Ahmedabad was HIS karmabhumi. In His presence, the  Ashram
bloomed into a beautiful Religious-Spiritual and Yoga center.
"Adhyatma Amrutam" satsang was very special and memorable because all
the ardent devotees of Pujya Swamiji Maharaj were gathered here
bringing a special charm & fervor to this Satsang.... among them was
dear Poonamben who gave motherly care to all who visited the Ashram,
Devote couple Smt. Rupaben & Manishbhai, Sri Vijaybhai, a silent Karma
Yogi, Jesse who conducts Yoga classes at the Ashram, plus the oldest 90
years old devotee of Swamiji was a delight to have in the crowd, and so
many others including Devotees from USA were a part of the group....
Many thanks to Smt. Sunitaben & Sri Shaishavbhai who hosted this satsang
in Loving Memory of their beloved Gurudev. They started their spiritual
& yoga journey inspired by Pujya Swamiji Maharaj in 2012 & have built a
large yoga community in the USA & in Amdawad under the banner of
"Happiness YOGA", All Grace & Blessings of Pujya Swamiji Maharaj!.....
Satsang began with Diya pragatya & recitation of Ashram's prayers. Dear
Rupaben & Manishbhai led the Satsang, narrated Pujya Swamiji's life
sojourn, His work, and legacy, and shared inspiring incidences from the
life of Pujya Swamiji Maharaj. Rupaben was involved in the Ashram's
various activities like conducting Reiki classes, editing the Ashram's
"Divya Jivan" monthly journal, Annakoot
Mahotasav decoration, arrangements during the Ashram's satsang & more
.......  Sri Shaishavbhai & Sunitaben shared their experiences and
miracles of Gurudev in their life & had a beautiful movie presentation
of Pujya Swamiji Maharaj, Yoga demonstration video of their students,
their precious moments with HIM, the Bhajan that they composed
expressing their heart sentiments in praise of Pujya Swamiji Maharaj
that they offered to HIM on memorable Gurupurnima day ( in 2017) that
was heart-touching.........Devotees' group of Pujya Swamiji Maharaj
expressed their core feelings soaked in deep love, devotion & gratitude
for their Mentor, dear Friend, Philosopher, Guide, Guru, and whatever
relationship they were in with Pujya Swamiji Maharaj. They all cherished
the sweet memories, their special moments of Satsang & blessings of
Beloved Pujya Sri Swami Maharaj  It is heart-melting. ......His Life and
each breath were dedicated to spreading the ancient wisdom of Yoga and
Vedanta through the simple and practical teachings of Gurudev Sri. Swami
Sivanandaji Maharaj and Gurumaharaj Sri. Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj.
Wherever He went, He talked about the simple message of Sri. Swami
Sivanandaji Maharaj, “Serve, Love, Give, Purify, Meditate & Realize” and
guidelines of daily Sadhana through Gurudev’s "Twenty Spiritual
Instructions". Jai Sivananda! Jai Chidananda! Jai Adhyatmananda!

The Satsang was concluded with Cake cutting, dinner for all, and gifts
to all the guests "Jit Jit Dekhu Chabbi Tumahari" (Amrut Mahotsav
souvenir of  Pujya Swamiji Maharaj) & a plant sapling, that was very
dear to Pujya Swamiji........... *It was a treat from Smt. Sunitaben in
honor of Sri Shaishavbhai's 50th Birthday celebrations. What a noble
thought!**Read More <http://divyajivan.org/Monthly_NL/index.htm> / Event
photos
<https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOPbPGWcWvD1YFnYWHOqSU2ccv2H7PX93erCCIpzHg83CGK4AJQhwNoNviVdi3N8Q?key=aTUwcjVPSTlYUEcyNjR3U1RWZmpMQm55b2dieXdB>

*

*"A great son (sun) of India Adhyatma-Jyoti Sri Swami Adhyatmananda
Saraswati an "adarsh" yati & Saint of holy matrubhoomi Bharatvarsha."
these are the words of HIS Master H. H. Sri Swami ChidanandaJi Maharaj.*

<< *More on Swami Adhyatmanandaji's Website*
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/index.htm>**>>
***********
*
==================================================================*
*
*Sentiments of Love & Gratitude of Devotees
*

**
"I had my first Darshan of Pujya Swamiji Maharaj in my youth at the age
of 12-14 at the Divya Jivan function at Rishikesh. I was touched by his
radiating divinity and aura and I had surrendered myself to Swamiji
Maharaj at that very moment.......Finally, I was drawn to him in 2017
and came to him to pursue a higher goal. And with Gurudev’s krupa-
prasad, I was Blessed to get Sannyas Diksha in 2019 from Swamiji
Maharaj.............. Swamiji Maharaj was Divine light, he was Divine
Swarup oozing divine love for all. He was /Sakshat Brahmswarup. /My
prayer to Gurudev Pujya Swamiji Maharaj is to continue showering His
blessings on me & guide me in my spiritual journey and May I keep
experiencing THY Divine PRESENCE ! OM Shanti! - Revered Swami
Narayananda, Direct disciple of H.H. Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/Swami%20Narayanananda_tribute_final.jpg>

" Pujya Swamiji was a divine light walking through the world. He served
so many and with such grace, always selfless and caring. He would help
anyone who asked. My heart is filled with love & Gratitude  for Swamiji
Maharaj. While Swamiji may no longer be here with us in the physical
form, he is certainly with us forever in our hearts and minds, our
memories, and through His teachings. "  Peacefully, - Swamini
Shraddhananda Saraswati, Directed Disciple of His Holiness Sri Swami
Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj (Founder & Director of Kula Kamal Yoga Asharam,
PA, USA )
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/Swamni%20Shraddhananda_Tribute.jpg>

" Swamiji was my dear friend, my Gurubhai, my support. He was a favorite
/sishya/ (disciple) of Guru Maharaj Sri  Swami Chidananda JI
Maharaj..... He was a master organizer, a karmayogi & so much more, all
in one. Whatever you say, how much you say about him is less, speech
stops,....Jai Ho Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj! Jai ho Swami Chidananda JI
Maharaj! Jai ho Swami Adhyatmanandji Maharaj!"  - H. H. Sri Swami
Premanandaji Maharaj (Uttarkashi, Divine Life Society)

*"Swami Adhyatmanandaji was favorite **/sishya/**(Disciple) of
Gurumaharaj Swami ChidanandaJI Maharaj.....He was like Hanuman to Lord
Rama." - Revered Sri Swami Ramswarupananda (Divine Life Society, Odissa) **
***
"Ever joyful, loving, Yogi, supreme-Bhakta, Jnani, Samanvay-yogi all in
one. He was giving joy to one and all, who came in contact with
him......Swamiji Maharaj, where are you going to go? you were here
before. You were in the Body, the  body came and left, You are here and
now,...... Pranams to you Swamiji Maharaj, Jai ho! Swamiji Maharaj." -
Revered Sri Swami Shivchidanandaji Maharaj (Divine Life Society,
Bhuvneshwar)

"The state of Gujarat honored him with the "Glory of Gujarat" but I
would say he is the glory of Bharat-Vrash, glory of mother India, glory
of Sanatan Dharma and glory of the whole world. When you glorify Swami
Adhyamanandaji you glorify Swami Krishnanandji, you glorify Swami
Chidanandji and you glorify Gurudev Swami Sivanandji Maharaj. As a
student, I have interacted with Swamji since my student career and then
after also becoming a monk Swamiji has been always a support to me." -
Revered Sri Swami Brahmnisthananda (Jagganath Puri)

  "It is always a joy to receive Sri Swami Adhyatmananda ji Maharaj at
Anoopam Mission. To see Him and Revered Sahebdada is to see conflations
of holy rivers Ganga and Yamuna. We have never felt that he comes from a
different organization. He is very much " Anoopam". We wish for his
visits to AMUK, again and again, to inspire us Sadhus' and devotees to
live and lead the pious life to the very core." - Himmat Swami (UK)

"Detroit, Michigan Community Benefited from Swami Ji’s Guidance on Yoga,
Scriptures, and “Art of /Saatvik Living/”. We all feel very blessed with
Swami Ji’s presences & guidance, and look forward to many more such
opportunities." -Anil Lal, (President of DJSS, USA)
"With the Grace of Divine, we got the opportunity to host Pujya Swamiji
on His first visit to the USA and thereafter for the past twenty-five
years we are fortunate to receive HIS Satsang and Blessings in
abundance. The mere presence of His lifts us to a different plane of
spirituality and enlightenment that lingers on. We feel being bathed in
love and purity.......We carry sweet memories of countless moments,
special events, inspiring messages, blessings, and daily communication,
until he breathed the last, even from the hospital bed HE sent a video
clip on May 3, 2021, expressing HIS love and blessings for us...We share
with all our two precious memories with Swamiji.....*the Blessed
opportunity that came to us to host HIS 75 th Birthday celebrations on
May 3, 2020, on zoom, as the Covid situation prevented it! Devotees from
all over the USA, India, Canada, UK, and all over joined the Zoom Meet
and we had wonderful and memorable celebrations. The Impossible became
possible. It was all prompted by SIVA & arranged by Guru Maharaj for HIS
Adhyatm.  It was HIS last Birthday celebration and will be remembered
forever. The second, about the souvenir "Adhyatma Amrutam', the page
that is dedicated to cur love & sentiments, Swamiji changed the title
caption  "At home (In Chicago)" How blessed we feel! -* Minal & Bharat
Naik << Read Complete>>
<https://www.divyajivan.org/Adhyatmananda%20Amrut%20Mahotsav%20Celebrations/Adhyatm_First%20Punya%20Tithr/In%20Loving%20memory_%20Punya%20Tithi%20%20.htm>**

*
*
**
* Gitamrutam
*

"I am the Self, O Gudakesha, seated in the hearts of all beings! I am
the beginning, the middle and also the end of all beings." (10:20)

"And, I am seated in the hearts of all; from Me are memory, knowledge,
as well as their absence. I am verily that which has to be known by all
the Vedas; I am indeed the author of the Vedanta, and the knower of the
Vedas am I." (15:15)

"Having become the fire Vaisvanara, I abide in the body of living beings
and, associated with the Prana and Apana, digest the fourfold food" (15:18)

"Abandoning all duties, take refuge in Me alone; I will liberate thee
from all sins; grieve not."  (18:66)

Jai ho Swami SivanandaJi Maharaj! Jai ho Swami Chidananda Ji Maharaj!
<http://divyajivan.org/index.htm>

Jai ho Swami Adhyatmananda Ji Maharaj!
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/index.htm>

"Adhyatma Amrutam Satsang  ( Aug 13, 2023) "
<http://divyajivan.org/Monthly_NL/index.htm>

Sri Ganesh Chaturthi ( Sept 19, 2023)
<http://divyajivan.org/ganesh/index.htm>

<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/Adhyatma%20Amrutam%20satsang%20%20Aug%2013,%202023.htm>

* Brahmleen Pujya Swamiji Maharaj's Samadhi Shrine darsham at Sivananda
Ashram, Ahmedabad
*

*Our Reverential Pranams & Love to YOU Pujya  Swamiji Maharaj*
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/Tribute%20to%20Swamiji.htm>
_"Gurudevarpanmastu"_
Home Page:http://www.divyajivan.org/
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
divyajivan at divyajivan.org
*|Subscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-join@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.> |
Unsubscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-unsubscribe@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |*
: