[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, March 2019

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Sun Mar 3 01:10:20 EST 2019

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
   March 2019
   ====================================

OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
"Worship of Lord Shiva" on the occasion of auspicious Shivaratri  (
March 4, 2019)

"The formal worship consists of bathing the Lord. Lord Shiva is
considered to be the Form of Light (which the Shiva Lingam represents).
He is burning with the fire of austerity. He is therefore best
propitiated with cool bathing. While bathing the Lingam the devotee
prays: “O Lord! I will bathe Thee with water, milk, etc. Do Thou kindly
bathe me with the milk of wisdom. Do Thou kindly wash me of all my sins,
so that the fire of worldliness which is scorching me may be put out
once for all, so that I may be one with Thee—the One alone without a
second.”

Offer this inner worship to Lord Shiva daily: “I worship the jewel of my
Self, the Shiva residing in the Lotus of my heart. I bathe Him with the
water of my pure mind brought from the river of faith and devotion. I
worship Him with the fragrant flowers of Samadhi—all this so that I may
not be born again in this world.”

Here is another formula for the supreme worship of the Lord: “O Shiva!
you are my Self. My mind is Parvati. My Pranas are your servants. My
body is your house. My actions in this world are your worship. My sleep
is Samadhi. My walk is circumambulation of you. My speech is your
prayer. Thus do I offer all that I am to you."- Swami Sivananda << Read
More>> <http://divyajivan.org/shivaratri/index.htm>

Early Morning Meditation Talks from " Ponder These Truths " by  Sri
Swami Chidananda
Faith Hope and Charity

" Faith, hope and charity—never let go of these. Always let them be
enshrined within you—faith in the Supreme, hope for yourself and charity
towards all."

"Thus finish your journey and you will attain the Goal. The journey will
take you to your destiny—your divine destiny, the fulfillment of which
is the most important thing in life. All other things come afterward;
they are secondary. In this way, understand your life, understand
yourself, understand your relationship to the Maker, and understand your
relationship to the rest of creation."

"May you ponder these cardinal points of your life’s journey—charity
towards God’s creatures, absolute hope about yourself, and absolute
faith in the Being Who has brought you into being, Who has placed you
among His creatures, so that you may become like Him and you can attain
Him as your supreme Goal!" - Swami Chidananda<<Read more>>
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>
Learning of  "Jeevan Yog" from a Yoga Acharya Swami Adhyatmananda
Through TV episodes of "Jeevan Yoga" Series by Doordarshan Girnar

Primary & Main Yogasana (Yoga Postures)
The Physical techniques of Yoga are the stepping stones to meditation.
According to Patanjali, Yoga is the cessation of the modifications of
the mind.

  In the beginning the primary prerequisite to peace of mind is posture.
Yogasana practiced to gain steady posture, health and lightness in the
body. All Yoga postures are intended to directly or indirectly quiet the
mind. The majority of Asana have been devised to build up different
parts of the body and to develop the strength required by the more
advanced  Physical disciplines. The purpose of the yogasana is to
recondition the system, both mind and body, and to develop the nervous
and glandular systems. The different Yoga postures have been devised to
bring a rich supply of blood to the brain and to the various parts of
the spinal column. The yogasana work by stretching, bending and twisting
the spinal column in different directions to promote the health of the
nerves. When the body is purified, Prana (vital energy) can be conserved
and the individual becomes healthy and conscious << Read More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/Yoga_Book/yoga%20_postures.pdf>/ Jeevan Yoga ( TV
series) <http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm>

Highlighting the News and upcoming events

Project Manav Seva <http://divyajivan.org/services.htm>is an extensive
program that focuses on holistically helping the needy and indigent
population. Project Manav Seva has been carried out by the Bhagwan Shri
Vishwanath Mahadev Seva Kendra, Sivanand Ashram, Ahmedabad for the last
thirty years and continues to grow by leaps and bounds in the
advancement of current programs which address the alleviation of human
suffering. The ultimate goal of this program is to further spiritual
growth for both those served and those providing service while
simultaneously making a difference in people’s lives.

"Manav Seva,  Madhav Seva" has been the guiding principle for whoever
has been associated and working at the ashram. The Holy Master Sri Swami
Sivanandaji Maharaj used to take the great pleasure in serving one and
all and the tradition continues.

"Project READ" (Rural Educational Aid Distribution): Sivananda Ashram,
Ahemdabad has taken up the Project READ for underprivileged & needy
children of Rural area of Gujarat. It is an extensive program running
for the past many years that focuses on providing educational aid to the
under served Children in the form of distributing Slates, Black boards,
chalk, Chalk Eraser pads to junior grade students (of 1st through 4th
grade) and notebooks of 150 & 200 pages to higher grade students (of 5th
through 12th grade). This year about 1, 25, 000 notebooks have been
planned to be distributed free through various centers of Divya Jivan
Sanskrutik Sangh of Gujarat. Many thanks to the selfless workers at
various centers who goes to schools and make it possible to reach to the
needy children.

The continuation of such comprehensive programs has been possible only
because of the unstinted devotion and generous donation
<http://divyajivan.org/GuestInfo/Donation.htm> provided by selfless
devotees of the Lord like yourselves.

Amrut Mahotsav Year Of H. H Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj:
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/index.htm> This year Pujya Swami
Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj has entered into his 75 th year. During HIS
Amrut Mahotsav year Satsang programs, Spiritual Retreat, Pilgrimage to
holy places, Srimad Bhagawat Saptah, Daridranarayan Seva, Anand Utsav at
the Ashram, Satsang Tours, Seva Projects, Yoga Retreat and more.... are
getting organized by the Ashram. Please contact the Ashram if you wish
to invite Pujya Swamiji and arrange satsang programs at your center,
temple, yoga group, Yoga studio etc. Be a part of  Pujya Swamiji's Amrut
Mahotsv and be benefitted!
Pilgrimage to Vaishanvo Devi (March 23, 2019 to March 28, 2019), Srimad
Bhagawat Katha (Oct 31, 2019 to Nov 6, 2019) by Pujya Swami
Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj on Vyasapeeth in Rishikesh on the Bank of holy
Ganges at the Parmarth Niketan Ashram. If, you wish to join with
Ashram's devotees group for these events, please contact the Ashram
office by e mail sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com or by Telephone  #
079-26861234  Fax #  079-26862345

News & Activity Report for the Month of February 2019
<http://divyajivan.org/News_2019/News_%20February%202019.htm>
News Through Event photos
<https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMoX9gF5dpIxWr9d6PVorlhd6Pu5V3rO5Pa1WK9pK7bisH3wbeWjx4h1lUTMldPJA?key=bnZnZDMxYkJsUzFtYm5KeWwzUjhVV3ZsU3RWeVVn>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>/ March 2019
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ%20_March%202019.pdf>

Q & A on Spiritual Life and Sadhana from “May I Answer That?”- by Holy
Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj.

If God is beyond the reach of the senses, He should be a non-entity, a
mere void, a negative concept, a metaphysical abstraction. Something
beyond the senses? How could this be? I cannot believe such things. I am
a scientist. I want accurate laboratory proofs. You want laboratory proofs?

Very fine indeed! You wish to limit the illimitable all-pervading God in
your test-tube, blowpipe and chemicals. God is the source for your
chemicals. He is the substratum for your atoms,
electrons and molecules. Without Him no atom or electron will move. He
is the Inner Ruler, Antaryamin. He is the Niyanta. Without Him the fire
cannot burn, the sun cannot shine, the air cannot move. Without Him you
cannot see, cannot talk, cannot hear, cannot think. He is the maker of
all scientific laws, the law of gravitation, the law of cohesion, the
law of attraction and
repulsion, etc. He is the law-giver. Bow to Him with faith and devotion.
You will have a thorough knowledge of the Science of sciences, Brahma
Vidya, through His grace and you will attain Moksha.

Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
http://www.divyajivan.org/
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
divyajivan at divyajivan.org
*|Subscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-join@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.> |
Unsubscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-unsubscribe@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |*