[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, December 2016

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Sun Dec 4 02:15:56 EST 2016

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
December 2016
====================================

OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
Gita Mahatmaya on sacred Gita Jayanti (Dec 10, 2016)

Gita Mahatmaya <http://divyajivan.org/bhagawad_gita/gita_mahatmaya.htm>
"Though engaged in the performance of worldly duties, one who is regular
in the study of the Gita becomes free. He is the happy man in this
world. He is not bound by Karma.  Just as the water stains not the lotus
leaf, even so sins do not taint him who is regular in the recitation of
the Gita. All the sacred centers of pilgrimage, like Prayag and other
places, dwell in that place where the Gita is kept, and where the Gita
is read.  All the gods, sages, Yogins, divine serpents, Gopalas, Gopikas
(friends and devotees of Lord Krishna), Narada, Uddhava and others
(dwell here).  Help comes quickly where the Gita is recited and, O
Earth, I ever dwell where it is read, heard, taught and contemplated upon!

I take refuge in the Gita, and the Gita is My best abode. I protect the
three worlds with the knowledge of the Gita. The Gita is My highest
science, which is doubtless of the form of Brahman, the Eternal, the
Ardhamatra (of the Pranava Om), the ineffable splendour of the Self. It
was spoken by the blessed Lord Krishna, the all-knowing, through His own
mouth, to Arjuna. It contains the essence of the Vedas—the knowledge of
the Reality. It is full of supreme bliss." - Swami Sivananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/bhagawad_gita/index.htm>

  The Teachings of Lord Sri Dattatreya
on auspicious Sri Dattatreya Jayanti (Dec 13, 2016)

"Lord Dattatreya -  He was a supreme yogi. Like Dakshinamurti, He was
the adi guru, the primal world teacher. Contemplate His life. Meditate
upon Him. Feel His divine presence. Evoke in your mind the sacred memory
of Sati Anasuya and Atri Maharshi, the power of chastity, and divine
grace in the form of Divinity taking birth at the earnest supplication
and prayer of a heart filled with devotion. The earnest prayer of a
heart filled with devotion never goes unanswered or unfulfilled. This is
what the advent, the avatara of Dattatreya represents or proves." <<
More>> <http://divyajivan.org/dattatreya/index.htm>

Early Morning Meditation Talks from Ponder These Truths by Sri Swami
Chidananda

Faith Hope and Charity
" Faith, hope and charity—never let go of these. Always let them be
enshrined within you—faith in the Supreme, hope for yourself and charity
towards all."
"Thus finish your journey and you will attain the Goal. The journey will
take you to your destiny—your divine destiny, the fulfillment of which
is the most important thing in life. All other things come afterward;
they are secondary. In this way, understand your life, understand
yourself, understand your relationship to the Maker, and understand your
relationship to the rest of creation."

"May you ponder these cardinal points of your life’s journey—charity
towards God’s creatures, absolute hope about yourself, and absolute
faith in the Being Who has brought you into being, Who has placed you
among His creatures, so that you may become like Him and you can attain
Him as your supreme Goal!" - Swami Chidananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

Learning of  "Jeevan Yog" from a Yoga Acharya Swami Adhyatmananda
Through TV episodes of"Jeevan Yoga"
<http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm> Series by Doordarshan
Girnar

OMKAR - "Omkar Sadhana is the Prana of Spiritual Sadhana. Omkar is the
best Pranayam."

"The practice of Omkar destroys Tamasik thoughts and converts the
Rajasik thoughts into Sattvik thoughts. In long term if the people
living in all four directions on the earth start practising Omkar
regularly, the mental conflicts can be eliminated. Selfishness will
retire. Benevo­lence will be originated. The whole world can become a
family. The contradiction will decrease and smooth conversation will be
possible. The wind of pure selfless life will flow. Omkar is the highway
of world peace and welfare. Let us practice Omkar and make our life
successful"- Swami Adhyatmananda << More>>.
<http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm>

Highlighting News & Upcoming Events

"Yoga is eternal life in the soul or spirit. It transforms a man into
divinity. It brings a message of hope to the forlorn, joy to the
depressed, strength to the weak and knowledge to the ignorant. Yoga way
of Life brings happiness of sound mind in sound body. Yogic living
implies discriminative living. Yoga is equanimity, equipoise or
equilibrium. It is the secret master-key to open the realms of eternal
bliss and deep abiding peace"  - Swami Adhyatmananda

38 th YTTC (Dec 11, 2016 - Dec 30, 2016)
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm> /Reg. form
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/38th%20YTTC%20Reg_form.pdf>,  You can Still
Enroll.  A comprehensive 20 days residential Yoga Teachers Training
Course for training of Yoga teachers has been conducted twice a year
since the last two decades at Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad. It is
designed by  H.H.Sri Swami Adhyatmanandahi Maharaj. On completion of
three weeks residential YTTC and successfully passing the test including
theory and practical, the graduate will receive a diploma certificate
recognized by Gujarat University. These programs are attended by yoga
aspirants from across the globe. Sri Swamiji has trained more than 1000
yoga teachers. These teachers render both preventive and curative
aspects of yoga teaching for well-being of body and mind across humanity
around the world and are instrumental in spreading ancient Indian
Culture and rich heritage. Contact the ashram for further details -
sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com / Registration form.
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/38th%20YTTC%20Reg_form.pdf>

Sri Dattatreya Jayanti <http://divyajivan.org/dattatreya/index.htm> (
Dec 13, 2016) Join with us in Sri Datta Yajna, Satsang, Aarti & Prasad (
9.30am - 11.30am)
News & Activity Report for the Month of November 2016
<http://divyajivan.org/News%202016/News_November%202016.htm>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm> / December
2016 <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_December%202016/DJ_Dec2016.pdf>

<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_December%202016/DJ_Dec2016.pdf>
Gitamrutam

I am the Self, O Gudakesha, seated in the hearts of all beings! I am the
beginning, the middle and also the end of all beings.

To those men who worship Me alone, thinking of no other, of those ever
united, I secure what is not already possessed and preserve what they
already possess. ( 9:22)

To them who are ever steadfast, worshipping Me with love, I give the
Yoga of discrimination by which they come to Me. (10:10)

Abandoning all duties, take refuge in Me alone; I will liberate thee
from all sins; grieve not." (18:66)

Christ's Divine Life <http://divyajivan.org/christmas/index.htm>
Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
  http://www.divyajivan.org/ <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
mailto;divyadivyajivan at divyajivan.org
|Subscribe | Unsubscribe| Manage Subscription |