[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, March 2016

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Sun Feb 28 17:17:01 EST 2016

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
   March 2016
====================================

OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
/
//"Shiv //Aradhana/" on the occasion of auspicious Shivaratri Utsav  (
March 7, 2016)

"The formal worship consists of bathing the Lord. Lord Shiva is
considered to be the Form of Light (which the Shiva Lingam represents).
He is burning with the fire of austerity. He is therefore best
propitiated with cool bathing. While bathing the Lingam the devotee
prays: “O Lord! I will bathe Thee with water, milk, etc. Do Thou kindly
bathe me with the milk of wisdom. Do Thou kindly wash me of all my sins,
so that the fire of worldliness which is scorching me may be put out
once for all, so that I may be one with Thee—the One alone without a
second.”
Offer this inner worship to Lord Shiva daily: “I worship the jewel of my
Self, the Shiva residing in the Lotus of my heart. I bathe Him with the
water of my pure mind brought from the river of faith and devotion. I
worship Him with the fragrant flowers of Samadhi—all this so that I may
not be born again in this world.”

Here is another formula for the supreme worship of the Lord: “O Shiva!
you are my Self. My mind is Parvati. My Pranas are your servants. My
body is your house. My actions in this world are your worship. My sleep
is Samadhi. My walk is circumambulation of you. My speech is your
prayer. Thus do I offer all that I am to you."- Swami Sivananda <<
More>> <http://divyajivan.org/shivaratri/index.htm>

Shiv Aradhana (audio) <http://divyajivan.org/satsang/index.htm>: Divine
Satsang, Bhajans & Kirtans in praise of Lord Shiva during Shivaratri
Utsav at Sivananda ashram, absolutely soul starring and touching the
heart to the core.

Satarudriyam or Rudram, Namakam
<http://divyajivan.org/Rudram/Rudrastkam.pdf> -  Hymn dedicated to Rudra
(an epithet of Shiva), taken from the Yajurveda. Sri Rudram is also
known as Sri Rudraprasna, Śatarudrīya, Rudradhyaya. The text is also
famous for its mention of the Shaivite Panchakshara
("five-syllable")mantra (Sanskrit: Namaḥ Śivāya), which appears in the
text of the Śatarudrīya in the eighth anuvaka. Lord Shiva's various
attributes and aspects are invoked and worshiped. Chanting the Rudram is
considered to be of great benefit.

"Guru Darshan" - through Life incidence of Guru Maharaj Swami
Chidanandaji Maharaj
Birth Centenary Celebration of Guru Bhagawan Sri Swami Chidanandaji
Maharaj (Sept 24, 2015 -Sept 24, 2016)
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/index.htm>

"Pluck With Devotion": Swamiji's consideration extends even to the world
of plants. On the Mahasivaratri Day when devotees in the Ashram go to
collect "Bilva Patra" for the worship of the Lord Siva, he advises them
not to proceed towards the tree with an upraised axe, for the tree would
be terrified. They are to approach the tree tenderly, even meekly, and
beg for the leaves, as it were. The plucking must be done with
tenderness, love and devotion.

"Surrender And Be Secured" : Swami Chidanandaji teaches us how to become
secure. "If we only knew that what God does is always for our good, we
would be like the kitten and not like the baby monkey. The baby monkey
hangs on to the mother, and when the mother jumps from branch to branch,
sometimes it loses its grip, falls down and dies. But the kitten lies
down in one corner and cries for the mother. The mother cat comes and
takes it away. There is no chance of the kitten falling down.
"We would know that self-effort is made only in order to know that no
self-effort is necessary and we would surrender. 'Thy will be done'
would always be our prayer. << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/Gurudarshan.htm>

Yoga Learning from a Yoga GURU, Swami Adhyatmananda

Diabetes & Yoga-Abhyasa
Diabetes can, in early stages be cured by Yoga way of Living. The
essential factors in managing diabetes are proper dieting, weight
control, regular exercise, practice of Yogasanas, Pranayama, Mudra,
Bandha etc. To begin with, one should start flexibility exercise,
Trikonasana and Suryanamaskara. Gradually and in proper order one should
practice main yogasanas namely Sarvangasana, Matsyasana, Halasana,
Paschimottanasna. Shitali and Shitkari Pranayamas have good effects on
internal secreting glands. One needs to seek proper medical consultation
also. << More>> <http://divyajivan.org/yoga&health/index.htm>   on
"Health Topics" from a book " Yoga & Health " by Swami Adhyatmananda

Learn /"Jeevan Yoga"/
<http://divyajivan.org/News%202016/JEEVAN%20YOGA_1.pdf> (Yoga way of
Life) from Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji through Television series (of 52
episodes) by TV Durdarshan Girnar (started on Jan 8, 2016) of  Govt. of
India. Do not miss opportunity to learn Yoga from a Master. It is on
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 7.00 am - 7.30 am (Indian time). It
started on Jan 8, 2016  and will continued.

Highlighting News & Upcoming Events
Birth Centenary Celebration of Guru Bhagawan Sri Swami Chidanandaji
Maharaj  Continues ........
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/index.htm>"Be a
Part of the Celebrations and be Blessed"

A great momentum has built up of Birth Centenary Celebrations of
GuruMaharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj under the guidance of Pujya
Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj, here at Sivananda ashram, Ahmedabad.
One after the other planned programs, satsangs, construction of
Chidananda Yoga Bhavan, Jnan Yajana, Yoga & Meditation camps, ,
distribution of Sivananda & Chidananda literature - new book release
"Prakash Punj", "Chidananda Smruti Pravachan" series at various Divya
Jivan branches in India and abroad during Centenary year, Chidananda
Yoga DVD (a new release), Youth programs, Medical camp, YTTC, Seva
projects are going on........

And, Sevan days Srimad Bhagawat Katha by Pujya Swami Adhyatmanandaji
Maharaj on Vyasasan is starting from today as you read this
lines.......... It is a rare and a blessed occasion to listen to Srimad
Bhagawata from H. H. Pujya Swamiji's Maharaj on /VyasaAsan/. Daily
discourses (3.30 pm to 7.00pm) by Pujya Swamiji from February 29, 2016
and will conclude on  March 6, 2016 with a grand Shivaratri Utsav on
March 7, 2016 .

Glories of Simad Bhagavata <http://divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm> :
"The book is named Bhagavata because it speaks of the glory of Bhagavan
or Vishnu. It contains the essence of all the Puranas. The Bhagavata
Dharma as taught by the nine sages to King Nimi in the beginning of the
eleventh Skandha, is thrilling and soul-stirring. The tenth Skandha
contains all the Lilas of the Lord. Srimad Bhagawata consists of
eighteen thousand /Slokas/.

The teachings given by Lord Krishna to Uddhava on the eve of His
departure from this world, are wonderful. These are contained in the
eleventh Skandha. Sri Krishna clears all the doubts of Uddhava, His
friend, foremost disciple and the chief of the Yadavas. He gives
instructions on a variety of subjects. But the one ringing note is: “See
Me in everything. Surrender yourself to Me. Do all actions for my sake.
Cut off all sorts of attachments. Have perfect unswerving devotion to
Me. Sing My glories.” - Swami Sivananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm>

Mahashivaratri Utsav (March 7, 2016)
<http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>  Continuous twenty four
hours worship at Lord Vishvanath Temple, starting in brahmuruht on March
7, 2016 concluding on next day on March 8, 2016.

Upcoming 37th YTTC ( May 11. 2016 - May 30, 2016)
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/37th%20YTTC%20%28May%2010,2016%20-%20May30,%202016%29.pdf>
organized bySIVA (Sivananda Institute of Vendanta -Yoga Academy)
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>- Yoga teachers training course
offers a wonderful opportunity to experience the benefits of Yoga
practices, including Hatha Yoga, yogic breathing, deep relaxation,
meditation, yogic diet, all these in a beautiful and holy ashram
environment. During 20 days of ashram living, while integrating your
daily life with your Yoga training, you will undergo a unique
transforming experience that will give you a firm foundation from which
you will be able to teach others confidently.

Prerequisite : The course is available to student, who has completed
basic and advanced Yoga classes at Sivananda Ashram or from equivalent
courses at other institutes. And students, who wish to enhance their
knowledge of Yoga Science or become a teacher in the field of Yoga.<<
More>> <http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>
News & Activity Report for the month of March 2016
<http://divyajivan.org/News%202016/News_Feb2016.htm>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm> / February
2016 <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_Feb2016/DJ_Feb2016.pdf>

Gitamrutam

Whoever offers Me with devotion and a pure mind (heart), a leaf, a
flower, a fruit or a little water—I accept (this offering). (9:26)

Whatever thou doest, whatever thou eatest, whatever thou offerest in
sacrifice, whatever thou givest, whatever thou practiseth as austerity,
O Arjuna, do it as an offering unto Me! ( 9:27)

To those men who worship Me alone, thinking of no other, of those ever
united, I secure what is not already possessed and preserve what they
already possess.(9:22)

Abandoning all duties, take refuge in Me alone; I will liberate thee
from all sins; grieve not.(18:66)

Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
http://www.divyajivan.org/
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
mailto;divyadivyajivan at divyajivan.org
|Subscribe | Unsubscribe| Manage Subscription |