[Sivananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, November 2017

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Wed Oct 25 21:40:18 EDT 2017

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
October 2017
====================================

OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
"Foundation of Yoga" - By Sri Swami Sivananda

"Develop virtues like generosity, forgiveness and love. Mere Yogic
Kriyas alone will not help you much. Do self-analysis daily and
eradicate your faults and evil, slavish habits. Rectify your defects
such as selfishness, pride, jealousy and hatred. You must cultivate a
compassionate and loving heart first. At all times you must share what
you have with others and practice selfless service. Then only will you
get purity of heart.

Yoga is unity, identity, homogeneity, oneness and sameness with God.

Many aspirants neglect these preliminaries and jump, out of curiosity,
to Yogic Kriyas for getting psychic powers. It is really a serious
blunder. They will have a hopeless downfall. Therefore, be careful. Mere
Yogic Kriyas cannot bring about the desired results. The purification of
the heart is of paramount importance.

It is a blessing to be a Yogi. Practice Yoga and preach. Hatha Yoga
ensures good physical and mental health. You must utilize this to the
best advantage by deep meditation on the Atman or inner Self.
Self-realization should be your goal. This should be achieved by the
constant remembrance of God, by righteousness, by a life of virtue and
by the practice of Yoga.

Every activity - from the rearing of children to the management of the
home - can be readily converted into Yoga. Kindly study the first six
chapters of the Gita again and again. Merely running away from crowds is
not a sign of Yoga. The performance of all actions as an instrument in
His hands, and with the consciousness that this world is pervaded by
Him, the Supreme Spirit, is called Yoga". - Swami Sivananda << Read
More>> <http://divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm>

" Song Celestial" -Bhagawad  Gita on sacred  Sri  Bhagavad Gita Jayanti
(November 29, 2017)

"Though engaged in the performance of worldly duties, one who is regular
in the study of the Gita becomes free. He is the happy man in this
world. He is not bound by Karma. Just as the water stains not the lotus
leaf, even so sins do not taint him who is regular in the recitation of
the Gita. All the sacred centers of pilgrimage, like Prayag and other
places, dwell in that place where the Gita is kept, and where the Gita
is read.  All the gods, sages, Yogins, divine serpents, Gopalas, Gopikas
(friends and devotees of Lord Krishna), Narada, Uddhava and others
(dwell here).  Help comes quickly where the Gita is recited and, O
Earth, I ever dwell where it is read, heard, taught and contemplated upon!

"I take refuge in the Gita, and the Gita is My best abode. I protect the
three worlds with the knowledge of the Gita. The Gita is My highest
science, which is doubtless of the form of Brahman, the Eternal, the
Ardhamatra (of the Pranava Om), the ineffable splendor of the Self. It
was spoken by the blessed Lord Krishna, the all-knowing, through His own
mouth, to Arjuna. It contains the essence of the Vedas—the knowledge of
the Reality. It is full of supreme bliss."

"The Gita is the most beautiful and the only truly philosophical song.
It contains sublime lessons on wisdom and philosophy. It is the “Song
Celestial”. It is the universal gospel. It contains the message of life
that appeals to all, irrespective of race, creed, age or religion.
The Gita contains the divine nectar. It is the wish-fulfilling gem, tree
and cow. You can milk anything from it. It is a book for eternity. It is
a vade-mecum for all. Peace, bliss, wisdom, Brahman, Nirvana, Param
Padam and Gita are all synonymous terms." -   Sri Swami Sivananda <<
Read  More>> <http://divyajivan.org/bhagawad_gita/index.htm>

Early Morning Meditation Talk from " Ponder These truths" by Swami
Chidananda

"Yoga & Vedanta" : Blessed Divinities! /Sadhaks /and seekers! From your
ancient, effulgent past, as your heritage and birthright, you have
inherited two great treasures—Yoga and Vedanta. Vedanta is divine
wisdom, knowledge of the Divine Reality, the great Reality. Yoga is the
science of entering into a conscious relationship with that knowledge,
experiencing that knowledge, realising that knowledge.
Yoga and Vedanta form the two ingredients that go to make up the divine
life of service, devotion, meditation and Self-realisation. Boldly
Vedanta proclaims and wants you to know: “ahamatma nirakarah sarvavyapi
svabhavatah (I am the Atman that is formless, all-pervading by nature).”
“Beyond sense, beyond mind, I am the quintessence of luminous wisdom
consciousness”—this is the awareness that Vedanta grants you and wants
you to practise. And Yoga is continuous, unbroken, conscious, purposeful
contact and relationship, ever progressive relationship with the Divine.

Gurudev’s concept of divine life combines both the practice of Yoga and
the spirit of Vedanta. Live in the awareness of your divinity, and live
to utilise every conscious moment, every breath to be continuously,
unbrokenly in close contact with the cosmic source of your divinity,
with your divine origin, with your eternal divine ground, your divine
abode. - Swami Chidananda<< Read More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>
Learning of "Jeevan Yog" <http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm>
from a Yoga Acharya Swami Adhyatmananda
Through TV episodes of "Jeevan Yoga" Series by Doordarshan Girnar

Regular practice of simple and gentle flexibility exercises will improve
stamina and strength, reduce aches and pains, improve posture and body
alignment , improve immune system, awaken body and energize the mind and
finally leads one to evolve spiritually. <<More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/yoga&health/index.htm>.

  "Energize with the Fuel of Motivation"
<http://divyajivan.org/video_clips/index.htm>- by Pujya Swami
Adhyatmanandaji at 25^th AMA (Amadavad Managment Association) week
(Video clips)

Highlighting the news and upcoming events

  "Yoga way of Life brings Happiness of sound mind in sound body. Yogic
living implies discriminative living. Yoga is equanimity, equipoise or
equilibrium. It is skill in the performance of actions.Yoga is
disconnection from union with pain and freedom from attachment and
desires it is turning away of the senses from the objective universe and
concentrating of the mind within." - Swami Adhyatmananda

39^th YTTC  (Dec 11, 2017 -  Dec 30, 2017)
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>: Yoga Teacher Training Course at
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabada is designed to offer you the experience of
living Yoga way of Life and to present the necessary techniques that
will enable you to pass these great teachings on to others.

This training program includes both lectures and practical components
from respected experts in the fields of cardiology, gynecology,  anatomy
, physiology , Yoga, meditation, spirituality and psychology. The
program syllabus includes detailed instructions for each posture with
their benefits. Also, in depth practice of different pranayama
(breathing exercises), meditation,  relaxation (Yoga Nidra) techniques
are taught based on Patanjali Yoga philosophy. At the concluding of the
program and passing the test graduate receives certificate recognized by
Gujarat University. << More info  >>. <http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>
Please refer to ourguest information page for stay, travel details
<http://www.divyajivan.org/GuestInfo/index.htm>and more.

  Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>/ November Issue
*Q & A on Spiritual Life and Sadhana from “May I Answer That?”- by Holy
Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. *

I am doing vigorous Tapas and meditation for the last five years. With
all that, my troubles and difficulties are multiplying. I have lost my
job. I am starving now. What shall I do? Is this the Grace of the Lord?
How can I continue my Sadhana when I have nothing to eat?

It is said that the Lord gives food even to the frog that lives between
the strata of rocks. Why has He failed in your case alone? This is a
great wonder! Has He failed in His duty? This cannot be. He is
all-merciful, all benevolent! Is it because He wants to develop in you
the constructive qualities— courage, presence of mind, endurance, strong
will, fortitude, more mercy and love— and make His instrument more fit
for His Divine Lila? Yes, this must be the case.
The struggling and sincere aspirant also gets more troubles and
difficulties, because he has to march quickly on the path to reach the
portals of the Kingdom of Supreme Peace and Unalloyed Bliss.

Princess Mira renounced the pomp and glory of the Palace and walked in
the burning sands of Rajputana. She starved on her way to Brindavan. She
slept on the ground. She lived on alms. The Pandavas underwent countless
sufferings even when Lord Krishna was at their back. Draupadi was placed
in a very bad plight even though she had Bhima, Arjuna and Dharmaputra
to fight for her. Our sufferings are nothing, when compared to the
persecutions underwent by the five Pandavas, Sri Rama and Mira. Look at
the sufferings of Raja Harischandra and his wife! He had to serve in the
cremation ground and do the work of a Chandala to keep up truthfulness.
It is suffering that develops the will. It is suffering alone that
moulds a man on the spiritual path. Be not troubled. Feel Lord Siva’s
grace and mercy at every step. All difficulties will melt away like mist
before the sun. Have perfect unswerving faith in His grace.

Glory of Bhagawad Gita on sacred Gita Jayanti
<http://divyajivan.org/bhagawad_gita/index.htm> ( Nov 29, 2017)
Quotes on Bhagawad Gita
<http://divyajivan.org/bhagawad_gita/quotes_on_gita.htm>

Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
  http://www.divyajivan.org/ <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
divyajivan at divyajivan.org
*|Subscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-join@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.> |
Unsubscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-unsubscribe@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |*