[Sivananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter , June 2017

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Tue May 30 22:31:16 EDT 2017

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
June 2017
====================================
OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
  Remembering " Sannyasa Diksha" day  of Holy Master Sri Swami Sivananda
(June 1, 2017)

"All Gurudev’s life after Self-realisation, after becoming an
enlightened sage and shining as a great light of the Himalayas, was a
saga of selfless service—service of the poor, service of the suffering,
service of the sick, service of the distressed, service of spiritual
aspirants and seekers, service of all humanity, service of the whole
world. In diverse, numerous ways, his entire life was one great,
continuous stream of selfless service. He had even forgotten how to
think of himself; he could only think of others. He lived thinking of
others: "In what way can I be of benefit, in what way can I serve?" That
was Gurudev Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj till the very last days."

  "Rare it is to find a parallel to the type of life—of lofty, sublime
selflessness and total, wonderful, dedicated selfless service of all
God’s creatures—that Gurudev was and placed before us as an ideal. It is
to this embodiment of selflessness and selfless service, this great
expounder of nishkama-karma-yoga, who boldly declared, "Service of
humanity is worship of God," that we pay our homage. May his blessings
be upon us all!" - Swami  Chidananda
<< Read More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm><http://divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm>

Early Morning Meditation Talks from Ponder These Truths by Sri Swami
Chidananda

"Surrender"   - " It is our ego-sense that we surrender, the idea “I am
doing.” We surrender our self-will and put ourselves into His hands, so
that we act as He dictates, we act as He teaches. So action is there,
but no more self-will, no more action prompted by the mind, but action
according to the will of God, according to the wisdom teachings of God
and His saints."

  Surrender and activity do not conflict with each other, but are part
and parcel of a total act of spiritualism yourself completely, stepping
aside and asking God to take over. If God takes over, everything is
under control, everything is working perfectly. If we are there, nothing
is under control—mind is not under control, senses are not under
control, everything is upside down. When you put yourself under the will
of God and His wisdom teachings, then you are a self-controlled person.
You will not allow the senses to do whatever they wish or the mind to do
whatever it wishes. You will only do that which is in accordance with
the will of God, the teachings of God and the saints. If it is not in
consonance with the will of God and the teachings of the saints, you
will not do it." -   Swami Chidananda << Read more>>
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

Learning of  "Jeevan Yog" from a Yoga Acharya Swami Adhyatmananda
Through TV episodes of "Jeevan Yoga"
<http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm> Series by Doordarshan Girnar

Primary & Main Yogasana (Yoga Postures)
The Physical techniques of Yoga are the stepping stones to meditation.
According to Patanjali, Yoga is the cessation of the modifications of
the mind.

  In the beginning the primary prerequisite to peace of mind is posture.
Yogasana practiced to gain steady posture, health and lightness in the
body. All Yoga postures are intended to directly or indirectly quiet the
mind. The majority of Asana have been devised to build up different
parts of the body and to develop the strength required by the more
advanced  Physical disciplines. The purpose of the yogasana is to
recondition the system, both mind and body, and to develop the nervous
and glandular systems. The different Yoga postures have been devised to
bring a rich supply of blood to the brain and to the various parts of
the spinal column. The yogasana work by stretching, bending and twisting
the spinal column in different directions to promote the health of the
nerves. When the body is purified, Prana (vital energy) can be conserved
and the individual becomes healthy and conscious. << Jeevan Yog -
Episode 14>> <http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm>

Highlighting the news and upcoming events

All the activities of the ashram, mainly Spiritual, Yoga and Seva
projects are based on the ideals and teachings of Holy Master Sri Swami
Sivanandaji Maharaj.  Daily worship services at Lord Vishvanath Temple
and at Sri Sri Maa Ashtalakshmi Bhavan create Divine vibrations at the
Ashram. Prayers & Meditation at Sri Chidananda Dhyan Mandir bring peace
& joy to countless Sadhakas. Daily Evening Satsang (9.00pm –9.45pm),
Sunday satsang (8.30 am -10.00 am) and ‘Paduka Pujan' on Thursday,
Satyanarayan Puja on Purnima day, Gayatri Yajana on first Sunday, Lalita
Shashra Nama & Yoga activities: all these have made Sivananda Ashram a
pilgrimage place (Bhakti Dham) in the midst of noisy and busy city
life.  More & more people, inspired by Spiritual head of the ashram,  H.
H. Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj are involving themselves in
selfless services carried out through Ashram’s Seva Projects. Thanks to
Gurudev for working behind the scene for running smoothly all the
activities at the Ashram.

*38th Yoga Teacher Training Course (May 10, 2017 - May 30, 2017):*
Forty yoga  students from the state of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya
Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamilnadu attended three weeks of residential
Yoga Teachers Training Course organized by Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
under the guidance and leadership of Yogacharya  Sri Swami
Adhyatmanandaji.  200 hrs of yoga education was credited to the
successful passing the test and completion of the course. Entire course
received a remarkable appreciation by students.

News & Activity Report for the Month of May 2017
<http://divyajivan.org/News%202017/News_May%202017.htm>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>/ May 2017
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_May2017/DJ_May2017.pdf>

Gitamrutam

The sages understand Sannyas to be the renunciation of action with
desire; the wise declare the abandonment of the fruits of all actions as
Tyaga. ( 18:2)

Acts of sacrifice, gift and austerity should not be abandoned, but
should be performed; sacrifice, gift and also austerity are the
purifiers of the wise. (18:5)

Verily, it is not possible for an embodied being to abandon actions
entirely; but he who relinquishes the rewards of actions is verily
called a man of renunciation.  (18:11)

Home Page:
  http://www.divyajivan.org/ <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
divyajivan at divyajivan.org
*|Subscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-join@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.> |
Unsubscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-unsubscribe@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |*