[Sivananda] Divya Jivan Neewsletter , May 2017

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Fri Apr 28 00:14:23 EDT 2017

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
May  2017
====================================
OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
Biography of Buddha by Swami Sivananda on Buddha Jayanti (May 15, 2017)

Lord Buddha preached: "We will have to find out the cause of sorrow and
the way to escape from it. The desire for sensual enjoyment and clinging
to earthly life is the cause of sorrow. If we can eradicate desire, all
sorrows and pains will come to an end. We will enjoy Nirvana or eternal
peace. Those who follow the Noble Eightfold Path strictly, viz., right
opinion, right resolve, right speech, right conduct, right employment,
right exertion, right thought and right self-concentration will be free
from sorrow. This indeed, O mendicants, is that middle course which the
Tathagata has thoroughly comprehended, which produces insight, which
produces knowledge, which leads to calmness or serenity, to supernatural
knowledge, to perfect Buddhahood, to Nirvana -Swami Sivananda <<  Read
More>> <http://divyajivan.org/articles/siva/biography_Buddha.htm>

" Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from
good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk
safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and
the guidance of virtue."

"To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring
peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a
man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all
wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him." - Buddha

Early Morning Meditation Talks from Ponder These Truths by Sri Swami
Chidananda

"All Things are Possible"
"Beloved Immortal Atman! Blessed children of the Divine! The ways of the
Lord are mysterious. But one fact is certain: no matter how other things
might change, the Divine Reality, the Cosmic Being, the supreme
Universal Spirit is always the same, the unchanging. He is always the
ever-full, the all-perfect. He is always all-merciful. He is always the
ocean of compassion, the ocean of love, an ocean of grace. And He is
always sarva-samartha—omnipotent, all-powerful, capable of instantly
doing anything and everything that He divinely wills."

"And what a great thought, that we belong to Him. He belongs to us; we
have a claim over Him. And He is all that you desire in the form of a
life’s companion, a helper, a partner. When you contemplate this truth,
that we have such a great Being, such an all-perfect, omnipotent Being,
such a sympathetic, understanding and compassionate Being as our best
friend, as our life partner, as our constant companion, as our
ever-ready helper, you can do nothing but rejoice, rejoice and rejoice.
You can do nothing but rejoice. It is the truth of our life, and that
Being is the One who is closest to us, closer than anything else." -
Swami Chidananda << Read More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

Learning of "Jeevan Yog" <http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm>
from a Yoga Acharya Swami Adhyatmananda
Through TV episodes of "Jeevan Yoga" Series by Doordarshan Girnar

Can those having High Blood Pressure practice Asanas?
"Yes, they can practice Asanas; in fact they must surely practice them.
All the Asanas excepting Shirsasana can be practiced. All the Asanas can
be performed without any fear. But the special Asanas and Pranayama that
can offer benefits are: Shashankasana, Shavasana and Pranayama carried
out with ease.<< Read more>>
<http://divyajivan.org/yoga&health/index.htm> << Jeevan Yoga Episode 7
 >> <http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm>

Upcoming Yoga Teachers Training Course (38th YTTC)
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm> is organized from May 11, 2017 -
May 30, 2017 : You can still enroll
Transform your life to Yoga way of Living. Enhance your skill in Yoga,
be a teacher and spread the knowledge to others. On completion of three
weeks residential YTTC and successfully passing the test including
theory and practical, the graduate will receive a diploma certificate
recognized by Gujarat University.  For further details - Contact the
ashram <http://www.divyajivan.org/contact.htm> /sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com

Highlighting the news and upcoming events
17 ^th Brahmotsav of Sri Sri Ashtalaxmi Bahvan & Sri Chidananda Dhyana
Mandir/Sri Ashtalaxmi Darshan
<http://divyajivan.org/ashtalakshmi/index.htm> (April 29, 2017): You are
invited to join with us in Navachandi  Yajna

A Birthday Greetings <http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm> : Join
with us in  "Aayush Homam" & satsang with Mahatmas organized on happy
occasion of 73rd Birthday Celebration of Pujya Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji
Maharaj on May 3, 2017.
We pray to the Almighty Lord, Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj and
Gurumaharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj for Pujya Swamiji’s good
health and long life so that He could be a guiding light to spiritual
aspirants all over.

News & Activity Report for the Month of May 2017
<http://divyajivan.org/News%202017/News_April2017%20.htm>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>/ March 2017 /
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/Divya%20Jivan%20_March%202017/DJ_March2017.pdf>April
2017 <http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>
Gitamrutam

He who knows Me as unborn and beginningless, as the great Lord of the
worlds, he, among mortals, is undeluded; he is liberated from all sins.(
10:3)

He who in truth knows these manifold manifestations of My Being and
(this) Yoga-power of Mine, becomes established in the unshakeable Yoga;
there is no doubt about it. (10:7)

I am the source of all; from Me everything evolves; understanding thus,
the wise, endowed with meditation, worship Me.(10: 8)

To them who are ever steadfast, worshipping Me with love, I give the
Yoga of discrimination by which they come to Me.( 10:10)

Gurudevarpanmastu!

Home Page:
  http://www.divyajivan.org/ <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
divyajivan at divyajivan.org
*|Subscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-join@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.> |
Unsubscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-unsubscribe@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |*