[Sivananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, February 2017

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Sat Jan 28 21:09:11 EST 2017

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
February 2017
====================================

OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
"Worship of Lord Shiva" on the occasion of auspicious Shivaratri  ( Feb
24, 2017)

"The formal worship consists of bathing the Lord. Lord Shiva is
considered to be the Form of Light (which the Shiva Lingam represents).
He is burning with the fire of austerity. He is therefore best
propitiated with cool bathing. While bathing the Lingam the devotee
prays: “O Lord! I will bathe Thee with water, milk, etc. Do Thou kindly
bathe me with the milk of wisdom. Do Thou kindly wash me of all my sins,
so that the fire of worldliness which is scorching me may be put out
once for all, so that I may be one with Thee—the One alone without a
second.”

Offer this inner worship to Lord Shiva daily: “I worship the jewel of my
Self, the Shiva residing in the Lotus of my heart. I bathe Him with the
water of my pure mind brought from the river of faith and devotion. I
worship Him with the fragrant flowers of Samadhi—all this so that I may
not be born again in this world.”

Here is another formula for the supreme worship of the Lord: “O Shiva!
you are my Self. My mind is Parvati. My Pranas are your servants. My
body is your house. My actions in this world are your worship. My sleep
is Samadhi. My walk is circumambulation of you. My speech is your
prayer. Thus do I offer all that I am to you."- Swami Sivananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/shivaratri/index.htm>
Early Morning Meditation Talks from Ponder These Truths by Sri Swami
Chidananda

"Four Powerful Transforming Factors"
  "Radiant Divinities! Beloved sadhaks and seekers! Today let us
consider four valuable means of making your life sublime, four valuable
factors that will keep your life moving towards the grand divine
destiny, to fulfill which you have been endowed with this human status.
For the power to feel, think, reason, understand, expand in knowledge
and grow in wisdom is verily the uniqueness of this privileged status of
yours as a human being on earth. These factors will enrich your human
status, adorn your spiritual life, enrich your sadhana and abhyasa, and
augment your movement towards your grand divine destiny of atma-jnana,
transcendental experience, God-realization."

  ".......These four powerful forces, powerful transforming factors, can
enhance your spiritual life, make it fully God-oriented, give it a push
in the right direction, take you towards the Goal Supreme—the power of
the Name which immediately links you up with the Unmanifest, the
transcendental Reality; constant remembrance of God in the mind; bhav,
the right feeling, sublime spiritual feeling in your heart; and fourth,
the right vision, which beholds the Reality everywhere, so that you
live, move and have your being in God."- Swami Chidananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

Learning of  "Jeevan Yog" from a Yoga Acharya Swami Adhyatmananda
Through TV episodes of "Jeevan Yoga" Series by Doordarshan Girnar

Can those having High Blood Pressure practice Asanas?
"Yes, they can practice Asanas; in fact they must surely practice them.
All the Asanas excepting Shirsasana can be practiced. All the Asanas can
be performed without any fear. But the special Asanas and Pranayama that
can offer benefits are: Shashankasana, Shavasana and Pranayama carried
out with ease.

"Initially practise these three Asanas. When there is recession in the
blood pressure then you can without fear and without worry perform
beginning with Trikonasana and Suryanamaskara, you can practise
Sarvangasana, Matsyasana, Halasana, Paschimottanasana, Bhujangasana,
Shalabhasana, Dhanurasana or Chakrasana, Ardha­matsyendrasana,
Yogamudra, Mayurasana. All can be practiced without any fear. Divya
Jivan Newsletter, February 2017 << read More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/yoga&health/index.htm>
<http://divyajivan.org/yoga&health/index.htm>Jeevan Yog : TV Episode  8
<http://divyajivan.org/Monthly_NL/index.htm>

Upcoming Events and Highlighting the News

Shivaratri Utsav <http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>( Feb 24,
2017) - Join with us in Shiva Pujan,  Archana,  Abhishek,  Aarati,
/Bhajan-  Kirtan/ , prasad & more continuous throughout twenty four
hours on sacred Shivaratri Utsav. If, you plan to stay at the ashram
during the Shivaratri festival, please let us know ahead and help us
make proper arrangements for our Guests. For the details visit the Guest
information page <http://divyajivan.org/GuestInfo/index.htm> on the
Divya Jivan Website <http://divyajivan.org/index.htm>.

Upcoming Yoga Teachers Training Course ( 38^th YTTC) is organized from
May 11, 2017 - May 30, 2017. Plan ahead and Register in time
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/38th%20YTTC%20form%20_1.pdf>. For the
details, visit our SIVA  Yoga Center page
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>.

News & Activity report for the Month of January 2017
<http://divyajivan.org/News%202017/frame_std/News%20_January%202017.htm>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm> / January 2017
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/Divya%20Jivan%202017/DJ_Jan%202017.pdf>/
February 2017
Gitamrutam

“Om Tat Sat”: this has been declared to be the triple designation of
Brahman. By that were created formerly the Brahmanas, the Vedas and the
sacrifices.(17:23)

Therefore, with the utterance of “Om” are the acts of gift, sacrifice
and austerity as enjoined in the scriptures always begun by the students
of Brahman. (17:24)

Uttering Tat, without aiming at the fruits, are the acts of sacrifice
and austerity and the various acts of gift performed by the seekers of
liberation. (17:25)

The word Sat is used in the sense of reality and of goodness; and so
also, O Arjuna, it is used in the sense of an auspicious act!(17:26)

Steadfastness in sacrifice, austerity and gift, is also called Sat, and
also action in connection with these (or for the sake of the Supreme) is
called Sat.(17:27)

Whatever is sacrificed, given or performed, and whatever austerity is
practised without faith, it is called Asat, O Arjuna! It is naught here
or hereafter (after death). (17:28)

<http://divyajivan.org/articles/articles/siva/symbolism_shiva.htm>
Shivarpanmastu!
<http://divyajivan.org/articles/articles/siva/symbolism_shiva.htm>

Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
  http://www.divyajivan.org/ <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
divyajivan at divyajivan.org
*|Subscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-join@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.> |
Unsubscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-unsubscribe@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |*