[Sivananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, July 2010

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Thu Jun 10 08:43:28 EDT 2010

July 2010

  Divya Jivan Newsletter

*July 2010 *

Home <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
News <http://www.divyajivan.org/news.htm>
Upcoming Events <http://www.divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>
What's New? <http://www.divyajivan.org/what_is_new.htm>
Services <http://www.divyajivan.org/services.htm>
Multimedia <http://www.divyajivan.org/multimedia.htm>
Publications <http://www.divyajivan.org/publications.htm>
Administration <http://www.divyajivan.org/administration.htm>
Saints and Sages <http://www.divyajivan.org/saints_and_sages.htm>
Photo Gallery <http://www.divyajivan.org/photo_gallery.htm>
Contact <http://www.divyajivan.org/contact.htm>

*Auspicious Guru Purnima ( July 25, 2010 ) *

*
Early Morning Meditation talks from" Ponder These Truths" by Sri  Swami
Chidananda
*

Deception

Radiant Immortal Souls! For the being who receives the /ahetuki
kripa/—the motiveless compassionate grace of God and God-men like
Gurudev, and taking it seriously puts it into earnest, diligent, daily
practice in his own life, more and more is given. He who proves worthy,
not by feeling or thought but by being and doing, by living and action,
to that being, more and more grace is extended, more and more blessings
are given. The law is such, that to those who due to their good fortune
are thus recipient and responsive, grace flows perennially.

But those who receive and pay only lip-service, or even go contrary-wise
in thought and action to the elevating, inspiring and liberating divine
teachings of God, sent to us through His saints, prophets and spiritual
masters—those individuals cut themselves off from the inflow of God’s
grace.God’s grace is not withheld, God’s grace is not withdrawn. We cut
ourselves off from God’s grace, and no lamentation will be of any avail
except remorse, repentance, a transformation and a renewal of our life
in the Spirit.

It is, therefore, entirely up to the seeker, the individual soul,
whether he will work for a restoration of God’s grace or whether he will
continue to be deprived of grace. More than anything else, deception,
cunningness, concealed crookedness, double standards, which are all
children of falsehood, /asatya/, completely cut off the individual soul
from the influx of God’s grace. We set up a rock barrier between God’s
grace and ourselves through all manners and shades of cunningness,
crookedness, deception and duplicity. These are great enemies of a
/bhakta /and /sadhak/. They put a great distance between oneself and the
all-compassionate, all-loving, all-merciful, all-gracious Supreme Being.
- Swami Chidananda << More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/reflection.htm>

*Yoga Learning through  a book , " Yoga ,  A way of Life " of Swami
Adhyatmananda*

/* */*Highlighting the News
*

News & Activity Report for the Month of June 2010
<http://www.divyajivan.org/News2010/News_may10.htm>
Divya Jivan May 2010
<http://www.divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_april10.pdf>/ Divya Jivan
Gujarati <http://www.divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>

News In Slide Show
<http://picasaweb.google.com/divya.tour2006/NL_June2010#slideshow/5477186062434369666>

<http://www.divyajivan.org/Divya_Tour2009/index.htm>

*So Says Sri Swami Sivananda *

My Auspicious Day.

I Celebrated this auspicious day
  with great elact and pomp, with illumination and joyful songs.
My wish has been fulfilled, I have met my Bloved;
How shall I find words, for the beauty of my Beloved!
He is brilliant like Millions of Suns, He has enthroned in my heart, The
lamp of love burns lustrously.
I bathed Him with the water of love; I adorned Him with the flowers of
prem; I gave him butter and sugar-candy.
I have drunk the cup of love, which is filled to the brim; It is the cup
of perfect joy,
My rapture wells forth.The mercy of my Lord has come upon me;
How blessed am I, who have seen my Beloved!
So says Sivananda

/*Gurudevarpanamstu! */

<mailto:chidananda-join at divyajivan.org,divyajivan at divyajivan.org?Subject=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.>
| Unsubscribe
<mailto:chidananda-unsubscribe at divyajivan.org,divyajivan at divyajivan.org?Subject=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |