[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, May 2019

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Fri Apr 26 03:39:34 EDT 2019

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
   May 2019
====================================

OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
The Power of Satsanga -Swami Sivananda

The Meaning of Satsanga
  The word ‘Satsanga’ is the combination of the two words ‘Sat’ and
‘Sanga.’ ‘Sat’ means existence absolute, which is Brahman. ‘Sat’ is the
essential nature of Brahman which is permanent in things that change,
which is the only reality that upholds the world of appearance.  The
same ‘Sat,’ with the accidental attributes of omnipresence, omniscience
and omnipotence is called Isvara or Paramatman. In brief, ‘Sat’ refers
to Isvara as well as Brahman, both ultimately being the one and the same
reality.  ‘Sanga’ literally means company or union. To be always in the
company of the Lord, or to be established in Brahman, is the literal
meaning of the word ‘Satsanga.’ But, as long as ignorance or Avidya
remains, the direct realization of Brahman is impossible. When ignorance
is destroyed by wisdom, the real nature reveals itself. This is the
highest Satsanga.

  The glow and power of Satsanga, association with the wise, saints,
Yogis, Sannyasins, and Mahatmas is indescribable. Even a moment’s
company is quite sufficient to overhaul the old vicious Samskaras of the
worldly people. The magnetic aura, the spiritual vibration, and the
powerful currents of developed adepts produce a tremendous influence on
the minds of worldlings. Service of Mahatmas purifies the minds of
passionate men very rapidly. Satsanga elevates the mind to magnanimous
heights. Just as a single matchstick burns huge bundles of cotton in a
few seconds, so also, the company of saints burns all thoughts and
Samskaras of passion within a short time. The only potent specific for
inducing burning Vairagya and burning desire for liberation is Satsanga
and Satsanga alone.- Swami Sivananda << Read More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm>

Early Morning Meditation Talk from "Ponder These  Truths" of Swami
Chidananada

The Immanence of God
  " It is that immanence is key to divinity. Awareness of God’s presence
within and without, in all beings, in all creatures, in all nature
becomes the key, the secret of living in the awareness of the Yoga of
the eleventh chapter of the Bhagavad Gita, the Yoga of the first verse
of the Isopanishad."

" Be aware, be aware of God, aware of your relationship to Him, and make
your life sublime and divine and attain the supreme, grand goal of all
spiritual aspiration, of all spiritual life, of all spiritual sadhana,
of all spiritual living, the grand goal of God-consciousness and divine
perfection and liberation."- Swami Chidananda << Read Complete>
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>>

"Amrut Mahotsav" (celebrating 75th Birth Anniversary) of H. H. Swami
Adhyatmanandaji's Maharaj ( May 3, 2019, onward.......
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/Amrut%20Mahotsav%20Year.htm>
*
****We start with listening to the Blessings of Guru Maharaj Sri Swami
Chidanandaji Maharaj for HIS Adhyatm (Movie presentation)
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/index.htm>**)..................*
*What could be a better time than now to cherish those blessed moments! *

"Blessed Immortal Atman! Beloved children of the divine! I am extremely
happy and rejoice immensely to give this few words as a forward to this
beautiful recording of the chanting of the Divine name, select few
kirtans and bhajans and also certain important Sanskrit verses suitable
for repeated daily as a part of your daily prayers and daily worship.
This chants, sankirtan as well as Sanskrit slokas have been recorded by
Sri Swami Adhytmananda Saraswati belonging to the monastic order of
beloved and worshipful Gurumaharaj Sri Swami Sivanandaji Saraswati,
Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh, Headquarters of Divine Life Society."

"Swami Adhyatmanandaji is a great devotee of Shree Swami Sivanandaji
Maharaj and also very enthusiastic pracharak and propagator of Gurudev's
Divine Life message yoga Vedanta and spiritual life and sadhana. And
also especially in training people in ancient psychophysical science of
Hatha yoga. He is expecting teaching asanas, Pranayama, Surya Namaskar,
Relaxation techniques, and Kriyas. And he is very much in demand
throughout India in all the branches of Divine Life Society where he is
called to conduct courses on yoga and also Spiritual Retreats and to
give talks on Bhagavad Gita, Spiritual life in general and Sadhana in
particular".........." Swami Adhyatmanandaji has dedicated his entire
life for this cause of spreading the Gurudev mission throughout India
and maybe also abroad if, the time comes and Gurudev so wills '.......
'Hari OM Tatsat! God Bless you, all" - Swami Chidananda << Read
complete>>
<http://divyajivan.org/Adhyatmananda%20Amrut%20Mahotsav%20Celebrations/Blessings%20of%20Gurumaharaj.htm>

*How true are those Words! *

Spreading the message of Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj and
to live by it is the constant preoccupation of Sri. Swami
Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj. His Life and each breath have been dedicated to
spreading the ancient wisdom of Yoga and Vedanta through simple and
practical teachings of Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj and
Gurumaharaj  Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj. Wherever he went, he talked
about the simple message of Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj-
“Serve, Love, Meditate & Realize” and guidelines of daily Sadhana
through Gurudev’s “Twenty Spiritual Instructions”. Devotees welcomed him
here in the west for his simplicity, sincerity, and love for teaching
Yoga way of life.

Pujya Swamiji carries a spark of love, light & joy. He kindles and
inspires people, whoever come in contact with HIM. HIS Divine Satsang
and Yoga teaching has brought joy, peace & bliss to countless spiritual
aspirants and yoga enthusiasts in the West, India and over the Globe.
People ask Pujya Swamiji the secret of His ever Vibrant, Radiant &
Joyful nature? "Abide In The SELF",  He says………." In all condition, I am
Bliss, Bliss, Bliss Absolute"……Adopt, Adjust &  Accommodate" ……"Bear
insult and Bear Injury, that is the highest Sadhana" ........each breath
of His is in the remembrance of GOD and in the service of His Gurudev
Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj & Guru Bhagavan Sri Swami Chidanandaji
Maharaj. Their ever flowing Grace is the force behind everything.

It is always a joy for the devotees here in the West to receive Pujya
Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj's Satsang and blessings all these years.
Summer comes and devotees in the West start inquiring about Pujya
Swamiji's visit and His Satsang programs. In fact, their love pulls Sri
Swamiji from HIS busy programs schedule in India and bring HIM amongst
their midst here in the West Year after Year. For the past 25 years,
Adhyatma Tours to the West (USA, Canada & UK ) have unfolded as per the
WILL of God Gurudev.

Here we bring you just the glimpses of the core feelings of love &
gratitude <http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/index.htm> expressed by
devotees, organizers, hosts, yoga attendees, the press reporters, sick
and ailing and more... in so many different words. It is overwhelming
and what could be the better time than now to share them with all while
we are celebrating Pujya Swamiji's Amrut Mahotsav!

"With the Grace of Divine, we got the opportunity to host Pujya Swamiji
on His first visit to the USA and thereafter for the past twenty-five
years we are fortunate to receive HIS Satsang and Blessings in
abundance. The peculiar joy that we experience in HIS presence is
inexplicable and difficult to describe. The mere presence of His lifts
us in a different plane of spirituality and enlightenment that lingers
on. We feel being bathed in love and purity. We are touched by His
radiating divinity and the multifaceted magnetic personality. How could
you describe Infinite with the finite words! We feel that Unmanifest has
found an able instrument in Him to manifest His Grace &
Divinity"......... "Being with Him in close proximity during
coordinating the Adhyatma Tours all these years, you observe how
immeasurable devotion Pujya Swamiji has for His Gurudev! At every
moment, whether He is thinking, talking, delivering discourses, eating,
you observe that Guru Smarana is unbroken. HE is breathing and living
for Gurudev. You feel that as if SIVA is working through HIM. Then, you
start seeing the GURU's presence in your life at each step of the way
and HE assumes different forms for you. It is such a wonderful
experience! Then a little i melts away and sevak Bhav merges from
within. It is all Guru's Grace. Jai Sivananda! Jai Chidananda! Jai
Adhyatmananda!" - Minal & Bharat Naik

  "We have been and continued to be blessed by His presence in our life
and His teachings. Wherever Swami-Ji goes, Love is there. Peace is
there. Joy is there. God is there. We are better people as a result of
His sharing of the Light."- Sharon Alitt (Founder of Kula kamal Yoga
school, PA )

"Detroit,  Michigan Community Benefited from Swami Ji’s Guidance on
Yoga, Scriptures, and “Art of Saatvik Living”. We all feel very blessed
with Swami Ji’s presences & guidance, and look forward to many more such
opportunities." - Anil Lal, (President of DJSS, USA)

"It is always a joy to receive Sri  Swami Adhyatmananda ji Maharaj at
Anoopam Mission. To see Him and Revered Sahebdada is to see conflations
of holy rivers Ganga and Yamuna. We have never felt that he comes from a
different organization. He is very much " Anoopam". We wish for his
visits to AMUK, again and again, to inspire us Sadhus' and devotees to
live and lead the pious life to the very core." - Himmat Swami (UK)

"We are fortunate and grateful to have Swamiji in our midst to
"recharge" our mind/body/spirit and look forward to his next visit." -
Sri Rajesh Laugani, Toledo (OH)

"Sri Swamiji's ecstatic kirtan at the Bhajan Satsang was indeed a
blessed experience for all. It was the best time for devotees of Indian
Hindu Welfare organization (IHWO) of Northampton (UK ). Everyone is very
happy and keen to invite him to his earliest with much longer stay" -
Sri Guarang Patel (UK)

"At Sanatan Shiv Shakti Mandir (Houston) H. H. Swamiji addressed the
devotees on the subject of the sixteenth chapter of Srimad Bhagwad Gita
- "Divine & Demonic Natures". It was a nectar outpouring by Pujya
Swamiji. It was indeed a blessed experience for all" - Sri Dhaval
Trivedi,(Houston)

"To a question on spiritualization of professional life, Swamiji said
anything you do think of God. Anything you do eating, drinking or
walking, you do whatever you are doing. at the same time keep your mind
in Him only, 100% awareness of His existence. Your profession turns into
spiritual."- Ravi Ponanagi ( PR, India Tribune, Atlanta)

"Swamiji had made sure that his visit includes my dad in a nursing home,
who has been in recovery from his cancer treatment. My Dad was bedridden
for quite some time but Pujya Swamiji's prayers and HIS healing
blessings brought him to come to Mandir for satsang with us, Amazing!
heart touching for our family! I was impressed by Swamiji's punctuality
and commitment about his time and event. We were blessed to have him."
-Nartan Shah (San Jose, CA)

"Swamiji has truly attuned Happiness at our newly started Happiness yoga
Center. Moments spent with H. H. Swamiji are most precious and
invaluable to us." - Shaishav & Sunita (Founder of Happiness Yoga Center)

“Swamiji, as he is respectfully known, is an ordinary man who has
mastered extraordinary skills and discipline. He moves around the world
with the greatest of ease, more like a young butterfly than a
65-year-old man. He is kind, generous and extremely articulate and has a
good sense of humor. I spent an hour talking with him and his special
graces made my day much more worth living. It’s true when they say words
cannot describe him.” – Celeste Regal, reporter of  << Observer
<http://divyajivan.org/Divya_Tour2009/media%20coverage/Observer_NJ_2009.pdf>
(New Jersey)>>

"There's so much wisdom behind what he says, and yet it is so simple",
Smith said. "His teaching applies to all, regardless of religion or walk
of life. He's very humble. He speaks to the person." "Swami shares
peaceful philosophy with Utahn ", interview by Jason Bergreen of "Salt
Lake Tribune
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_tour2006/SLC-Tribune06_2.pdf>", a leading
newspaper of Salt Lake City.

Bend it Like Swami Adhyatmananda" - by  Ravi Ponanagi, a journalist,
India Tribune (Atlanta)
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_tour2006/indiatribune_atlanta06.pdf>

"Swami Adhyatmanandaji is known for making Hinduism practical and
relevant to modern life. A holy man credited with bringing about a
spiritual awakening through his teachings, he has helped young people
caught up in drug addiction as well as business leaders seeking greater
meaning in their work." - Toledo Blade (Newspaper)

"Pujya Swamiji is the embodiment of the teachings of Holy Master Sri
Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. He is a tireless karma yogi who utilizes
every second of his day in rendering the highest service to Mankind." -
Hari Ragwacharlu (Milwaukee, WI) << Read More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/index.htm>

Learning of  "Jeevan Yog" from a Yoga Acharya Swami Adhyatmananda
Through TV episodes of "Jeevan Yoga" Series
<http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm> by Doordarshan Girnar

Prana - "The true meaning of Prana is not only breath. The Prana is
energy. It is universal power, brightness, light, and intelligence. All
these cosmic energies are named as Prana."Yatkinchit Jagat Sarvam
Drishyate Shruyatepiva..This Prana is filled in all that we see and
hear, the inside and outside of all things, all movement, etc. in this
world.

The Prana is the source of all capabilities and the power in the
universe. Prana is the only power behind the normal functioning of the
system of respiration (inhalation and exhalation), blood circulation,
digestion, excretion of urine and stool, system producing semen,
structure of our bones and also the nervous system.The working abilities
of sensory organs and motor organs improve as each cell  gets extra
nutrition. The secret of beauty of skin, shining of the face, brightness
of the eyes, intelligence power and development of mental power is the
result of the practice of Pranayama. The practice of Pranayama means
oneness with cosmic energy. Pranayama Sadhana opens the doors of subtle
life from the gross life "-  Swami Adhyatmananda

Highlighting the News and upcoming events
Maa Sri Ashtlaksmi - Adipeeth  Navchandi Yajana / Utsav Ganga and
Satsang with Mahatmas (April 28, 2019 - May 3, 2019 )
<http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>

Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad invites you to join with us in Divya Jivan
Sanskrutik Sangh Annual Meeting on April 28, 2019, Navchandi Yajana on
sacred the occasion of Sri Maa Asthalaxmi Patotsav on April 29, 2019.

Let us be a part of "Aayush Homam" & Satsang with Mahatmas on the
momentous occasion of "Amrut Mahotsav" (celebrating 75th Birth
Anniversary) <http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/index.htm> of H. H.
Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj from May 3, 2019, onward....... We
pray to the Almighty Lord, Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj and
Gurumaharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj for Pujya Swamiji’s good
health and long life so that He could be a guiding light to spiritual
aspirants all over. Pujya Swamiji is the embodiment of the teachings of
Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. He is a tireless karma yogi
who utilizes every second of His day in rendering the highest service to
Mankind.

Plan ahead to join the Ashram devotees group for Srimad Bhagawat Katha
at Haridwar
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/Bhagawat%20Katha_haridwar_Hindy_1.jpg>(Oct
31, 2019, to Nov 6, 2019) by H. H. Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj on
Vyasapeeth.(Application Form)
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/Haridwar_Bhagawat%20Katha%20form_%20Sri%20Divya%20Jivan%20Sanskrutik%20Sangh_final.pdf>

Upcoming Yoga Teachers Training Course  (43 YTTC) is organized from May
11, 2019 - May 30, 2019: You can still enroll.  More details available
on the webpage - SIVA Yoga Center
<http://www.divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>  /registration form
<http://www.divyajivan.org/misc/43rd%20yttc.pdf> / Stay at the Ashram
<http://www.divyajivan.org/GuestInfo/Stay%20at%20the%20Ashram.htm>/
Guest Info page <http://www.divyajivan.org/GuestInfo/index.htm>  /
sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com/

News & Activity Report for the Month of April 2019
<http://divyajivan.org/News_2019/News_April%202019.htm>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm> / April 2019
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_April2019.pdf>

Q & A on Spiritual Life and Sadhana from “May I Answer That?”- by Holy
Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj.

What is the difference between Bhakti and Jnana?

  Bhakti is devotion. It is a means to the end which is the attainment
of Jnana. People of emotional temperament are fit for this path. It
demands self-surrender or Atma-nivedan. It is cat-Yoga. The kitten cries
aloud and the mother cat runs at once to catch it by the mouth. So also,
the devotee cries aloud like Draupadi and Gajendra and Lord Krishna runs
immediately to rescue him and shower His grace. The Bhakti Marga demands
only sincere, intense devotion, blind faith, and strong conviction as
Prahlad had. There is no necessity for learning. Illiterate people like
Tukaram who could not sign even their names had realized God. There is
no need for vast learning or study. A Bhakta wants to eat sugar-candy.
He wants to sit by the side of the Lord.

  Jnana is the Yoga of self-expansion. It demands self-reliance. Only
people of an intellectual temperament with Vichara Sakti or the power of
discrimination and ratiocination are fit for the path of Jnana or
knowledge. It is the monkey-Yoga. The young monkey does not cry, but
itself clings tenaciously to the body of its mother wherever the mother
runs. This Yoga demands a vast study of Vedantic literature, a sharp
intellect, bold understanding, gigantic will and courage. A Jnani wants
to become an embodiment of sugar-candy, instead of tasting sugar-candy.
A Jnani wants to become identical with the Existence (Eka Aikyam).

Adi-Sankaracharya Jayanti (May 9, 2019)
<http://divyajivan.org/articles/siva/sankara.htm>
"Amrut Mahotsav" (celebrating 75th Birth Anniversary) of H. H. Swami
Adhyatmanandaji's Maharaj ( May 3, 2019, onward.......
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/Amrut%20Mahotsav%20Year.htm>

<"Amrut Mahotsav" (celebrating 75th Birth Anniversary) of H. H. Swami
Adhyatmanandaji's Maharaj ( May 3, 2019, onward.......>
Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
http://www.divyajivan.org/
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
divyajivan at divyajivan.org
*|Subscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-join@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.> |
Unsubscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-unsubscribe@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |*