[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, January 2019

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Wed Jan 2 02:46:59 EST 2019

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
   January 2019
   ====================================

OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
"New Year Message" by Swami Sivananda

"On this glorious New Year’s day make a strong resolve to wipe away all
the old worldly Vasanas or tendencies and bad impressions and to control
the senses and the mind.
Know the value of time. Time is most precious. Utilise every second
profitably. Live every moment of your life for the realisation of your
ideal and goal. Do not procrastinate. That "tomorrow" will never come.
Now or never. Abandon idle gossiping. Kill egoism, laziness and inertia.
Forget the past. A glorious and brilliant future is awaiting you.

Equal vision is the touchstone of knowledge. Unselfishness is the
touchstone of virtue. Brahmacharya is the touchstone of ethics. Oneness
is the touchstone of Self-realisation. Humility is the touchstone of
devotion. Therefore, be unselfish, humble and pure. Develop equal
vision. Be in tune with the Infinite.

May this bright New Year’s day and all the succeeding days of this year
and all the future years also bring you all success, peace, prosperity
and happiness. May you all tread the path of Truth and righteousness!
May you enjoy the eternal bliss of the Absolute, leading a divine life,
singing Lord’s name, sharing what you have with others, serving the poor
and the sick with Atma Bhava and melting the mind in silent meditation
in the Supreme Self."  -Swami Sivananda<< Read more>>
<http://divyajivan.org/articles/siva/Newyear%20message_SIVA.htm>
Early Morning Meditation Talks from " Ponder These Truths " by  Sri
Swami Chidananda

"This Moment"
This moment is God. God comes to you as this moment. He does not descend
in some sort of supramundane shape and size with lights flashing and
sound emanating. He comes silently as this moment. Now is God. He
constantly keeps coming to you as now, as this moment. We have to help
God to help us when He comes as kaloham—I am time, I am life.

And what is life and what is time if it is not now, if it is not this
moment? Without any distinction of age or sex or caste or creed or race
it is given to everyone, saint or sinner. That is the equal vision of
the Divine. It is not withheld from anyone. It is given to everyone. God
comes to everyone as this moment. This is life. This is the I AM
God—here, now. That is the greatest thing. This moment is the most
tremendous thing that can happen to you. It is the greatest thing that
can be given to you. Be wise. Make use of this moment and bless yourself
eternally.

Each moment is your real wealth, more precious than gold, diamonds and
precious stones. Each moment is your very life. Each moment is what you
are and what you can be. There is nothing that can compare to it. The
tremendous importance of the moment, the incomparable value of the
moment, is the most important insight and understanding that a living
individual must have. “My wealth is each moment that is before me now.
It is now I have to live my life, not in yesterdays or tomorrows. I have
but this moment to live, to mould and to fashion, to make something out
of it. This is my effective life.”  - Swami Chidananda << Read More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/This_moment.htm>

Learning of  "Jeevan Yog" from a Yoga Acharya Swami Adhyatmananda
Through TV episodes of "Jeevan Yoga" Series by Doordarshan Girnar
<http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm>

Bhastrika Pranayama : The meaning of the Sanskrit word ‘Bhastrika’ is
‘Bellows’, thus the Bhastrika Pranayama is called the ‘bellows breath’.
This form of breathing increases the flow of air into the body to
produce inner heat at the physical and subtle level. Bhastrika breathing
is a dynamic and highly energizing abdominal breathing exercise
requiring a large expenditure of physical energy. It is accomplished by
breathing abdominally at the rate of 1-4 breaths per second, with
inhalations and exhalations equally emphasized and equally active.

Kapalbhai Kriya: Kapal in Sanskrit means forehead, and Bhati in Sanskrit
means Shining. Practicing Kapalbhati on regular basis leads to shining
face with inner radiance. Kapalbhati is highly energizing abdominal
breathing exercise.   What we do in Kapalbhati Pranayama ? In
Kapalabhati we do quick exhalation and natural inhalation. Normally
exhalation takes one fourth of the time of inhalation. Quick exhalation
and natural inhalation follow each other. << Jeevan Yoga -Episode 77- 80
 >> <http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Jeevan%20yog%2077-80.htm>

Highlighting the News and upcoming events

Srimad Bhagawat katha (Dec 24, 2018 - Dec 31, 2018):  On Dec 24, 2018
holy Sri Bhagawad Katha was commenced at Sri Sri Sri Ashta Lakshmi
Bhawan of Sivananda Ashram. Sivananda Parivar at the Ashram were in
festive and joyful spirit with a peaceful breeze of Divine as they
listened to glories of Srimad Bhagawatam narrated by H.H. Sri Swami
Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj on Vyasasan. It was daily evening satsang from
3.30 pm to 7.00 pm with devotees attending in large numbers each day
more and more to peak & packed hall on Lord Krishna’s Janotsav. It was
an indeed a spiritual feast for all. << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/News%202018/News_%20Dece%202018.htm>

News & Activity Report for the Month of December 2018
<http://divyajivan.org/News%202018/News_%20Dece%202018.htm>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm> / December
2018 <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_Dec%202018/DJ_Dec2018.pdf>

Q & A on Spiritual Life and Sadhana from “May I Answer That?”- by Holy
Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj.

God is all-pervading formless Being. How can He be confined to an idol?
What is the use of idol worship?

  The divinity of the all-pervading God is vibrant in every atom of
creation. There is not a speck of space where He is not. Why do you then
say that He is not the idols?
  The idol is a support for the neophyte. It is a prop of his spiritual
childhood. A form or image is necessary for worship in the beginning. It
is not possible for all to fix the mind on the Absolute or the Infinite.
A concrete form is necessary for the vast majority for practising
concentration. Idols are not the idle fancies of sculptors, but shining
channels through which
the heart of the devotee flows towards God. Though the image is
worshipped, the devotee feels the presence of the Lord in it and pours
out his devotion unto it. The idol remains an idol, but the worship goes
to the Lord.

  To a devotee, the image is a mass of Chaitanya or consciousness. He
draws inspiration from the image. The image guides him. It talks to him.
It assumes human form to help him in a variety of ways. The image of
Lord Siva in the temple at Madurai in South India helped the fuel-cutter
and the old woman. The image in the temple at Tirupati assumed human
form and gave witness in the court to help His devotees. There are
marvels and mysteries. Only the devotees understand these. << Read
More>>. <http://divyajivan.org/May%20I%20Answer%20That/index.htm>

Vivekananda Jayanti (Jan 12, 2019)
<http://divyajivan.org/Vivekananda/index.htm>

Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
http://www.divyajivan.org/
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
divyajivan at divyajivan.org
*|Subscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-join@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.> |
Unsubscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-unsubscribe@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |*