[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter , Sept 2017

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Tue Sep 5 10:31:08 EDT 2017

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
September   2017
====================================

OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
  Adoration & Prostrations to Holy Master Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj on
HIS Birth Anniversary (Sept 8, 2017)

"Gurudev’s life after Self-realisation, after becoming an enlightened
sage and shining as a great light of the Himalayas, was a saga of
selfless service—service of the poor, service of the suffering, service
of the sick, service of the distressed, service of spiritual aspirants
and seekers, service of all humanity, service of the whole world. In
diverse, numerous ways, his entire life was one great, continuous stream
of selfless service. He had even forgotten how to think of himself; he
could only think of others. He lived thinking of others: "In what way
can I be of benefit, in what way can I serve?" That was Gurudev Swami
Sivanandaji Maharaj till the very last days."

"Gurudev declared in one of his eighteen handwritten autobiographical
epistles: "I live to serve, to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to
raise the fallen, to console the distressed. This is my mission in
life." And anyone who has known him, anyone who has lived with him,
anyone who has seen him instantly recognised: "Here is a totally
selfless, dedicated human being." He fulfilled to the very letter the
scriptural description of this type of realised soul, who having
attained illumination, having done everything that has to be done,
having no desires because all their desires have been fulfilled through
God-realisation, are seen to be, in the words of the Gita, "intent on
the welfare of all creatures." << Read More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm>

Durga Puja  (Navaratri) - a festival of Devi Worship during Auspicious
Navaratri ( Sept 21, 2017 - Sept 30, 2017)

  Devi worship is, worship of God’s glory, of God’s greatness and
supremacy. It is adoration of the Almighty. The worship of Devi, the
universal Mother, leads to the attainment of knowledge of the Self.
Sakti is all. She can do anything. She can make or mar. She can mend or
end. For the sake of the continuance of Her Divine Play here, She
Herself, as Avidya-Maya, has veiled the Truth from you and bound you to
this Samsara. When She is propitiated through the practice of sincere
devotion and unconditional self-surrender, She, as Vidya-Maya, removes
the veil and enables you to perceive the Truth.

   No one can free himself from the thralldom of mind and matter without
Mother’s grace. The fetters of Maya are too hard to break. If you
worship Her as the great Mother, you can very easily go beyond Prakriti
through Her benign grace and blessings. She will remove all obstacles in
the path, and lead you safely into the illimitable domain of eternal
bliss, and make you absolutely free - Swami Sivananda << Read More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/navaratri/index.htm>

Early Morning Meditation Talk from " Ponder These truths" by Swami
Chidananda

"Knowledge is Meant to be Lived"
Philosophy and spirituality, of which you are all students, are to be
known, but more than acquiring knowledge, a student of philosophy and
spirituality must also try to acquire the practical wisdom of how to fit
this newly gained knowledge into his daily life, thoughts, words and
actions. In short, “how can I live in the light of this philosophy? how
can I base my life upon this philosophy? whatever I have learned in
Yoga, how can I turn it into a new form, into my day-to-day life and
actions?” This you must know.
Philosophy and Vedanta are both for knowing and for living. If they are
only known, you become a pundit, a scholar, a professor, a lecturer. You
will be highly regarded. You will be able to teach philosophy to others,
impart the knowledge of Yoga to others, but you yourself will not be a
Yogi, a sadhak. For it is whether the philosophy, which has made you a
learned person and pundit, is seen to manifest in your everyday life and
actions, philosophy in action, philosophy in application—that determines
whether or not you can be regarded as a spiritual person.
What is the purpose in knowing? This has to be well thought out. The
correct attitude towards all philosophy, all Vedanta, all Yoga has to be
cultivated, and it should be constantly, actively applied in daily life.
<< Read  More>> <http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

Remembering birth Anniversary GuruMaharaj Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj
(Sept 24, 2017 ) <http://divyajivan.org/chidananda/index.htm>

Learning of  "Jeevan Yog" from a Yoga Acharya Swami Adhyatmananda
Through TV episodes of "Jeevan Yoga" Series by Doordarshan Girnar

Osteoporosis :  What Is Oseoporosis ? How Does the Osteoporosis Treated
& Prevented? Does Practice of Flexibility exercises & Yogasana help ?
Which Yogasana is recommended?
  Osteoporosis is a condition characterized by the loss of the normal
density of bone, resulting in fragile bone. Osteoporosis leads to
literally abnormally porous bone that is more compressible like a
sponge, than dense like a brick. This disorder of the skeleton weakens
the bone causing an increase in the risk for breaking bones (bone
fracture). Here the importance of proper nutrition can't undermined.
Regular practice of flexibility exercises, Yogasana and Pranayama is
essential for prevention and treatment of Osteoporosis.Episode # 18
<http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Index.htm>  / << Read More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/yoga&health/index.htm><http://www.divyajivan.org/yoga&health/index.htm>

39 th YTTC (Dec 11, 2017 - Dec 30, 2017)
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>: YTTC at Sivananda Ashram,
Ahmedabad is organized under the guidance & leadership of H. H. Sri
Swami Adhyartmanandaji Maharaj, who has conducted over 770 Yoga camps in
the East & the West. Ashram's holy atmosphere is ideal for enhancing
your spiritual growth as well as the skill in the science of Yoga.
Contact the ashram for further details - sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com /
Registration form. On completion of three weeks residential YTTC and
successfully passing the test including theory and practical, the
graduate will receive a diploma certificate recognized by Gujarat
University.

Highlighting the news and upcoming events

<http://divyajivan.org/Adhyatma%20Tour%202017/index.htm>Adhyatma Tour
2017 of H.H. Swami Adhyatmanandaji (June 27, 2017 - August 31, 2017)  to
USA, Canada & UK <http://divyajivan.org/Adhyatma%20Tour%202017/index.htm>

Adhyatma Tour 2017 to USA, Canada & UK (June 27, 2017 - Aug 30, 2017) of
Pujya Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj commenced from Chicago on June 27,
2017.  It took Him to Toronto, Charlotte, Tampa, Atlanta, Houston,
Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Toledo (OH), Troy (MI), San Jose area,
Madison, Milwaukee & Chicago. It continued to UK from August 10, 2017 to
August 31, 2017

  Highlight of UK Tour : Gita Gyan Yajana ( from Aug 10, 2017 - Aug 20,
2017) at Anoopam Mission,  Stay  & Satsang at holy abode; "Satsang
Sudha", ( named by Gurumaharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj) of Smt.
Hemaben & Sri Jagdishbhai, Weekend spiritual retreat at "Indian Hindu
Welfare Organization" (IHWO) at Northampton (UK), Prayer meeting for the
departed soul of Revered Chandramaniben  Tailor, (who was an ardent
devotee of Gurumaharaj) at her home in Bristol.

  With that Adhyatma Tour 2017 of Pujya Swamiji concluded and Pujya
Swamiji is back to the Ashram on Sept 2, 2017. Pujya Swamiji's divine
satsang and yoga teaching have brought joy, peace & bliss to countless
spiritual aspirants and yoga enthusiasts in the West. HE received warm
welcome everywhere He went. It is all the grace & blessings of Holy
Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj & Gurumaharaj Sri Swami
Chidanandaji Maharaj.

Pujya Swamiji expressed thanks to all the organizers & devotee groups
who,  joined HIM in HIS mission of service to Humanity. HE conveys His
love & Pranams to all and advise us to strictly adhere to daily
spiritual shadhana.

Here, we share the glimpses of sentiments of love and deepest gratitude
expressed by devotees and our core group of organizers in so many
different words. It is overwhelming.

"It is always a joy to receive Sri  Swami Adhyatmananda ji Maharaj at
Anoopam Mission. To see Him and Revered Sahebdada is to see conflations
of holy rivers Ganga and Yamuna. We have never felt that he comes from
different organization. He is very much " Anoopam". We wish for his
visits to AMUK again and again to inspire us Sadhus' and devotees to
live and lead the pious life to the very core." - Himmat Swami

"Detroit,  Michigan Community benefited from Swami Ji’s Guidance on
Yoga, Scriptures, and “Art of Saatvik Living”. We all feel very blessed
with Swami Ji’s presences & guidance and look forward to many more such
opportunities." -Anil Lal, President of DJSS, USA

"We are fortunate and grateful to have Swamiji in our midst to
"recharge" our mind/body/spirit and look forward to his next visit." -
Sri Rajesh Laugani , Toledo (OH)

"Sri Swamiji's ecstatic kirtan at the Bhajan satsang was indeed a
blessed experience for all. It was the best time for devotees of Indian
Hindu Welfare organization (IHWO) of Northampton (UK ). Every one is
very happy and keen to invite him at his earliest with much longer stay"
- Sri Guarang Patel (UK)

"At Sanatan Shiv Shakti Mandir (Houston) H. H. Swamiji addressed the
devotees on the subject of sixteenth chapter of Srimad Bhagwad Gita -
"Divine & Demonic Natures". It was a nectar outpouring by Pujya Swamiji.
It was indeed a blessed experience for all" - Sri Dhaval Trivedi, Houston

"Our time with Swamiji during his visit this year was full of blessings,
so many it is impossible to count. Everyone at Kula Kamala Yoga Ashram
were overjoyed by their time with Swamiji and hold His powerful words
and His Presence in their heart. Hari OM" - Sharon Alitt. (Reading, PA)

A devotee shared a special gift that she received from Pujya Swamiji, a
poem composition (lyrics & audio), " Mogara ni  Mala" ( garland of
Jasmin flowers)
<http://divyajivan.org/Adhyatma%20Tour%202017/Garland%20of%20Mogara%20_poem%20by%20Swamiji%20.htm>
<<Read Complete Report >>
<http://divyajivan.org/Adhyatma%20Tour%202017/index.htm>

News & Activity Report for the Month of August 2017
<http://divyajivan.org/News%202017/News_August%202017.htm>

Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm> / August -
September 2017
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_Aug2017/DJ_August2017.pdf>- It is
a combined & a special issue containing Life & Teachings Of Saints,
Sages & Mahatmas. Must read

Gitamrutam

Fearlessness, purity of heart, steadfastness in Yoga and knowledge,
alms-giving, control of the senses, sacrifice, study of scriptures,
austerity and straightforwardness (16:1)

Harmlessness, truth, absence of anger, renunciation, peacefulness,
absence of crookedness, compassion towards beings, uncovetousness,
gentleness, modesty, absence of fickleness (16:2)

Vigour, forgiveness, fortitude, purity, absence of hatred, absence of
pride—these belong to one born in a divine state, O Arjuna! (16;3)

Hypocrisy, arrogance, self-conceit, harshness and also anger and
ignorance, belong to one who is born in a demoniacal state, O Arjuna!

The divine nature is deemed for liberation and the demoniacal for
bondage. Grieve not, O Arjuna, for thou art born with divine
properties!(16:5)

Jagdambarpanmastu! <http://divyajivan.org/navaratri/index.htm>

<http://divyajivan.org/navaratri/index.htm>

Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
  http://www.divyajivan.org/ <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
divyajivan at divyajivan.org
*|Subscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-join@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.> |
Unsubscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-unsubscribe@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |*