[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter - Culmination of Chidananda Birth Centenary Celebration (September 17, 2016 to Sept 24, 2016)

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Sun Sep 18 01:55:45 EDT 2016

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
Culmination of Chidananda Birth Centenary Celebration
(Sept 24, 2015 - Sept 24, 2016)
====================================

OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
What Gurudev is for US! - by Swami Chidananda

"At this moment, in the calm hours of this silent morning, in the
spiritual presence of our beloved and worshipful Holy Master Guru
Bhagavan Swami Sivanandaji, we offer adorations and homage to Your Feet.
>From the bottom of our hearts, human hearts, we pray that this
separation, this alienation, this wandering away from Thee, may end. May
this forgetfulness, this slumber of non-awareness of our own svarupa,
our eternal relationship with You, which is the root cause of all pain,
suffering, sorrow, misery, delusion and infatuation, come to an end by
Thy grace." .....

"Worshipful spiritual presence, Gurudev, thou who art our light and
guide in life, keep sounding that call again and again in our hearts.
This is the supplication at thy feet of all the seeking souls who are
gathered in your presence, drawn by your guru kripa, grace, morning
after morning to this sacred Samadhi Hall of your Ashram."...

"Gurudev’s life after Self-realisation, after becoming an enlightened
sage and shining as a great light of the Himalayas, was a saga of
selfless service—service of the poor, service of the suffering, service
of the sick, service of the distressed, service of spiritual aspirants
and seekers, service of all humanity, service of the whole world. In
diverse, numerous ways, his entire life was one great, continuous stream
of selfless service. He had even forgotten how to think of himself; he
could only think of others. He lived thinking of others: "In what way
can I be of benefit, in what way can I serve?" That was Gurudev Swami
Sivanandaji Maharaj till the very last days."

"Gurudev declared in one of his eighteen handwritten autobiographical
epistles: "I live to serve, to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to
raise the fallen, to console the distressed. This is my mission in
life." And anyone who has known him, anyone who has lived with him,
anyone who has seen him instantly recognised: "Here is a totally
selfless, dedicated human being." He fulfilled to the very letter the
scriptural description of this type of realised soul, who having
attained illumination, having done everything that has to be done,
having no desires because all their desires have been fulfilled through
God-realisation, are seen to be, in the words of the Gita, "intent on
the welfare of all creatures." << More>>.
<http://divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm>

   "Chidananda Darshan" - "Swami Chidananda on HIMSELF"
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/Chidananda%20on%20HIMSELF.htm>
-  How  HIS spiritual journey commenced ?  The first darshan of Gurudev
Swami SivanandaJi Maharaj & meeting with HIS Master !
How inspiring ! how thrilling to read the pictorial description in HIS
own words!

   ".........On this occasion, as I felt with my hand on the top of the
chest of drawers, my hand fell upon Papa Ramdas' In Quest of God and I
took it with me. Somehow, the photograph of Papa Ramdas taken in front
of the Kadri caves (appearing as frontispiece in In Quest of God)
fascinated me and drew my gaze like a magnet. The more I looked at it,
the more I wanted to go on looking at it. I did not want to put the book
down. Afternoon after afternoon, lying down on a sofa in the upstairs
hall, within a week, I finished reading the book cover to
cover.............."

"At that time I was a youngster of nine years of age. I had just lost my
mother and was studying in the 4th class in the primary school. Reading
the book In Quest of God opened up before me a
whole new vista of what India was as I had never before known or
imagined. For the first time, I came to know of the various religious
places Papa had visited in his wanderings. I heard the
name 'Himalayas' and the sacred river 'Bhagirathi Ganga'. I came to know
the name of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and also the Kali Temple of
Bhavatarini at Dakshineshwar near
Calcutta. The names 'Kedarnath' and 'Badrinath' became part of the
thought forms of my mind where they had not existed before. The words
'Annakshetra', 'Bhiksha', 'Ram Bhajan' etc
became part of my vocabulary. The terms 'samadhi' and 'ecstasy' were
first encountered in my life."............

  "It was early March 1942. During the past ten years, from 1932 to
1942, since I left Mangalore and arrived in Madras, an inward
transformation was slowly taking place within me, a veritable holy
Sangam of three spiritual streams was created within my life. At Madras,
I came into possession of the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna some time in
1933 and the Life of Sri Ramakrishna in 1936, his birth centenary year.
Secondly, I read about Sri Ramana Maharshi in M S Kamath's Sunday Times
in a special issue with the narration of the young Ramana's renunciation
at the age of 17 when he was a schoolboy. The article carried Sri Ramana
Maharshi's picture also. This article evoked within me a state of
renunciation and an idea of seeking Self-realization. Thirdly, I began
to read Swami Sivananda's spiritual literature from Sri P K
Vinayarangam's My Magazine of India and a book of Gurudev's quotations
published by him. All these three saints hammered one single central
line again and again into my mind viz:   "Life is meant for
God-realization. Goal of life is God-realization. If you die without
attaining Godrealization, your life is in vain. You have wasted away
this precious gift of human birth given to you by God " ...........

  "Some time after sunset, in the twilight, Gurudev Sri Swami Sivananda
followed by a Brahmachari carrying a hurricane lantern, came down from
the upper part of the Ashram with a big long staff in his hand. As he
came near, I fell flat upon the ground in dandawat namaskar. He enquired
from someone nearby 'Who is this person?' They told him I was Sridhar
Rao of Madras who had been corresponding with Gurudev. He kindly asked
me to get up. I did so and felt that I had reached my destination. I
felt blessed by God. This is how my entire life was offered at the feet
of Gurudev Sri Swami Sivananda Maharaj. It was the culmination of my
physical journey upon the outer plane of this world. My spiritual
journey now commenced....................." <<More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/Chidananda%20on%20HIMSELF.htm>

  Quotations of GuruMaharaj Swami Chidanandaji
Maharaj<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/Chidananda%20on%20HIMSELF.htm>

"Worshipful homage to the supreme, eternal, primal Being, the universal
Spirit Divine, who is auspicious, beautiful, good, elevating,
illuminating and liberating! To that Being, worshipful homage!"

  "God is an unknown entity. God is an unseen entity. We have not seen
god. We’ve only heard about Him. We can only imagine Him. But, if we are
able to see in a human individual, manifestations of holiness, of
sanctity, something extraordinary, something special, we begin to
realize: “Yes, God I have not seen, but godliness I have seen”. Such a
being becomes for us visible God. God reveals Himself through the Guru."

"When you wake up in the morning, you wake up into something very
special. This emergence should constitute for you a rebirth into
sadhana. In this new birth there should be no more slackness, no more
pretence, and no more half-heartedness. Therefore, may we be reborn not
once, not twice, but again and again until there is no longer any
necessity or need for any such rebirth or re-emergence."

"But for awareness, nothing can be cognised. But for awareness, no
knowledge is possible. Knowledge itself has as its basis the knower. The
knower can be the knower only if It is a centre of luminous awareness,
knowing all things."

HTML clipboard

"You should act your part in the scheme of things as dictated by the
situations in which the Lord places you. You are where you are, and what
you are, due to the Will of the Lord."

"Success in all undertakings is attained as a result of effort; effort
put forth in the firm conviction that sincere and earnest human endeavor
never goes unfulfilled. Success is not achieved by never encountering
failure. Failure is often a part of success."

"Try to make an evaluation of what you have been throughout the year
that has gone by. Have you grasped each day and made a gainful step
upward and Godward towards your Destiny?"

"You should thank the one who draws attention to something in you,
rather than being offended. Actually that person is doing you a great
favor and service by giving you some knowledge about yourself which you
by yourself have been unable to obtain."

"Love more than you desire to be loved. Serve more than you desire to be
served. Give of yourself more than you demand of others."

"Human birth, higher aspirations and the inspiration to contact great
ones and to imbibe their stirring spiritual messages all these
constitute your wealth. All these constitute your good fortune. All
these constitute your special unique blessings when compared to those
who do not have these Things."

HTML clipboard

"The right way to understand this sharing is - that it is the Universal
speaking to the universal. Not an individual speaking to an individual.
As individual, you merely react. As universal, you respond." << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/Chidananda%20on%20HIMSELF.htm>

Grand Culmination ( Sept 17, 2016 - Sept 25, 2016) of Birth Centenary
Celebration of Guru Bhagawan Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/index.htm>.....

In the words of Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj ..............
"Celebration of Swami Chidanandaji's Birthday is really worship of God."

"During the celebrations of the Birthdays of great men you hear of their
actions, their thoughts and their instructions, and the way in which
they led their life. You imbibe several good qualities from their
glorious example. You try to emulate them. You put those qualities into
practice in your daily life. Frequent Birthday celebrations are
necessary.".....

"Practise compassion, service, humility and other virtues. Then shine
like our Chidanandaji. This is my fervent prayer ! Chidananda is a
Jeevanmukta, a great saint, an ideal Yogi, a Para Bhakta and a great
sage. Swami Chidananda is all this and much more".

"Chidananda Darshan"
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/Centenary%20Celebration_DDGirnar.htm>-
By Pujya Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj (a  special Television coverage
by Door Dashan,Govt of Gujarat, Ahmedabad).

  Pujya Sri Swami Adhyatmanandji on His Master,  " How fortunate we are!
How blessed are we to be born in the same era! Glories to Gurumaharaj!
In Bhagawad Gita Lord Sri Krishna has described the characteristics of
"Sthitha Prajna", but it is rare to see & meet the one! but we have
lived with the ONE.  Hail Hail Chidananda!

Let us imbibe virtues and teachings from the Life Divine of GuruMaharaj
and that is the Celebration of Chidananda Birth Centenary, in a True Sense".

<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/Blessings%20from%20Guru%20Maharaj.htm>And,
listen to GuruMaharaj on HIS Adhyatm ...............(Video Clip)
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/Blessings%20from%20Guru%20Maharaj.htm>.
How Wonderful! How true are those words!  What could be a better time
than now to cherish those blessed moments that got caught in the
recording tool!

The grand culmination of celebration has began, as you read these lines
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/index.htm>
from 17,  2016  in holy satsang of Sant- Mahatma & honorable governor of
Gujarat Sri Om Prakash Kohili............. inauguration of "Chidananda
Yoga Bhawan" with release of  "Chidanandam", a souvenir on this occasion
and more till Sept 25, 2016....... !

Blessed and fortunate are us all, who have been a tiny part of the
celebration with HIS Grace, only. Satabdi Mahotsav commenced from Sept
24, 2015 with three days satsang and a ground breaking ceremony to
commence construction of Swami Chidananda Centenary Memorial Yoga Bhawan
by Pujya Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji in holy company of Mahatmas at
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad.

Since then, under the the guidance of  H. H. Sri Swami Adhyatmanandajij
one after the other the planned programs, Satsangs, Jnan Yajana,
distribution of Sivananda & Chidananda literature - new book release
"Prakash Punj", Yoga & Meditation camps, "Chidananda Smruti Pravachan"
series in India and abroad by Pujya Swamiji Maharaj, Chidananda Yoga DVD
release, Youth programs, Seva projects, Construction of Chidananda Yoga
Bhawan, Medical camp, food & grain distribution, feeding to under
privileged, Srimad Bhagawat Katha, Shiva-Puran Katha, Gita Jnan Yajna
(All 18 chapters of Bhagawd Gita) by Pujya Swamiji Maharaj on Vyasa Asan
and more...... went on in great enthusiasm through out the year here at
the Ashram.

Organizers and Devotees in the West joined in the celebrations and
organized Centenary Celebration Tour 2016 ( to USA, Cananda & UK from
June 22, 2016 - July 31, 2016)
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/Centenary%20Celebrations%20Tour%202016.htm>
of  Pujya Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj and expressed the sentiments of
love, devotion and gratitude in their own ways.

Here are the Glimpses of Chidananda Birth Centenary Celebrations
(through video presentation)
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/index.htm>
and more to add (the concluding) into this historic and memorable
event................

Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm> /
"Chidanandam" ......... a souvenir to be Released

At the end of many births the wise man comes to Me, realising that all
this is Vasudeva (the innermost Self); such a great soul (Mahatma) is
very hard to find. (7:19)

Jai Sivananda! Jai Chidananda!

Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
  http://www.divyajivan.org/ <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
mailto;divyadivyajivan at divyajivan.org
|Subscribe | Unsubscribe| Manage Subscription |