[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, May 2016

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Thu Apr 28 23:08:09 EDT 2016

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
May 2016
====================================

OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
"Foundation of Yoga" - By Swami Sivananda

"Develop virtues like generosity, forgiveness and love. Mere Yogic
Kriyas alone will not help you much. Do self-analysis daily and
eradicate your faults and evil, slavish habits. Rectify your defects
such as selfishness, pride, jealousy and hatred. You must cultivate a
compassionate and loving heart first. At all times you must share what
you have with others and practice selfless service. Then only will you
get purity of heart.

Yoga is unity, identity, homogeneity, oneness and sameness with God.

Many aspirants neglect these preliminaries and jump, out of curiosity,
to Yogic Kriyas for getting psychic powers. It is really a serious
blunder. They will have a hopeless downfall. Therefore, be careful. Mere
Yogic Kriyas cannot bring about the desired results. The purification of
the heart is of paramount importance.

It is a blessing to be a Yogi. Practice Yoga and preach. Hatha Yoga
ensures good physical and mental health. You must utilize this to the
best advantage by deep meditation on the Atman or inner Self.
Self-realization should be your goal. This should be achieved by the
constant remembrance of God, by righteousness, by a life of virtue and
by the practice of Yoga.

Every activity - from the rearing of children to the management of the
home - can be readily converted into Yoga. Kindly study the first six
chapters of the Gita again and again. Merely running away from crowds is
not a sign of Yoga. The performance of all actions as an instrument in
His hands, and with the consciousness that this world is pervaded by
Him, the Supreme Spirit, is called Yoga.." - Swami Sivananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm>

"Guru Darshan" - through Life incidence of Guru Maharaj Swami
Chidanandaji Maharaj
Birth Centenary Celebration of Guru Bhagawan Sri Swami Chidanandaji
Maharaj
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/index.htm>
(Sept 24, 2015 -Sept 24, 2016)

"Hail Hail Swami Chidananda"

The sun was up today and the cloudless open blue sky was gazing at the
cosmic panorama. The murmuring sound of the Bhagirathi was simply
soothing the environment. Sky touching trees of Deodar and Pine were
singing the glory of purity and ringing bells like; the blowing breeze
was very firm in its message “ March Forward, you will obtain your
aim”.  Now and then a holy sound of blowing conch was only a little
amusement in the absolute silence of Gangotri. We were just sitting
surrounding Swamiji Maharaj at our Ashram’s small little Kutir at Gangotri.

It was just after our All India Tour that he wanted us to have a little
physical rest and rejuvenate ourselves, to boost up once again for the
holy Birth Centenary Celebrations of our Pujya Gurudev Sri Swami
Sivanandaji Maharaj.
Like the external surrounding environment, the revered Swamiji’s health
and mood were simply illuminating and vibrating with supreme bliss.

In this blessed mood he narrated this episode: " It was winter. With the
kind permission of revered Guru Maharaj I decided to go on a pilgrimage
of Sri Tungnath. En-route, I arrived at Rudraprayag at the very late
dusk, when practically all persons had gone inside their small huts and
were confined to retirement or to warming up in front of little wood or
charcoal fires. But the old pujari of the small little temple was busy
winding up his evening service to get back to his home. At that moment I
entered the temple where only 2 or 3 kids were present in the hope of
receiving a little prasad from the temple
worship............................" << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/index.htm>

-  From  the diary of  Sri Swami Adhyatmannda

Learning of  "Jeevan Yog" from a Yoga Acharya Swami Adhyatmananda

Doordarshan TV Girnar <http://www.ddgirnar.com/> has been telecasting
the *‘Jeevan Yog Series"
<http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Jeevan%20yog_%20introduction.htm>*
on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at 7.00 am -7.30 am from Jan 18, 2016.
Team of  yoga teachers of Sivananda Ashram has demonstrated yoga
postures and Smt. Rupa Majmudar has coordinated the program. Here, we
bring for the benefits of our website viewers the Jeevan yog series.
HTML clipboard It is like Yoga Teacher comes to your home, a "must watch
series" for not only Yoga lovers but for everyone .

"We are born, death is inevitable. Journey between birth and death is
not Life, it is a slow journey towards death. Life we have to find. Life
lived in the pursuit of SELF realization is the Goal of Life and can be
achieved by "Jeevan Yoga" or Yoga, a way of  LIFE. It brings peace and
happiness of sound mind in sound body. Yogic living implies
discriminative living. Yoga is equanimity, equipoise or equilibrium. It
is skill in the performance of actions. Yoga is disconnection from union
with pain and freedom from attachment and desires it is turning away of
the senses from the objective universe and concentrating of the mind
within." - Swami Adhyatmananda

Doordarshan TV Girnar <http://www.ddgirnar.com/>has done wonderful Seva
to Mankind by telecasting of " Jeevan Yoga Series" (containing 65
episodes) by Sri Swamiji  Maharaj. People will be greatly benefited.
Pujya Swamiji has step by step covered a new dimension of Yoga learning,
not just the Yoga postures but a key to integrate all aspects of life
physical, intellectual and spiritual through Yogic living to maintain
sound body and peaceful mind that enables sincere students to go deeper
and subtler aspect of their being there by live and lead harmonious,
purposeful and Divine Life. It is a complete guide to Yogic living
filled with systemic, scientific and yet simple & useful yoga teachings
for the beginners as well as for the advanced Yoga students. Swamiji has
talked about holistic approach to deal with most common medical
problems, useful Yoga postures pertaining to individual diseases,
benefits of various kinds of Pranayam, Yoga Nidra, Meditation and
more....the presentation is in Gujarati but, all will gather the
essence. << More >>
<http://divyajivan.org/Jeevan%20Yoga/Jeevan%20yog_%20introduction.htm>

Highlighting News & Upcoming Events
Birth Centenary Celebration of Guru Bhagawan Sri Swami Chidanandaji
Mahara j continues
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/index.htm>........

16 ^th Brahmotsav of Sri Sri Ashtalaxmi Bahvan & Sri Chidananda Dhyana
Mandir/Sri Ashtalaxmi Darshan (April 29, 2016)
<http://divyajivan.org/ashtalakshmi/index.htm>

A Birthday Greetings <http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm> :  Join
with us in  "Aayush Homam" & satsang with Mahatmas organized on happy
occasion of 72 nd Birthday Celebration of Pujya Sri Swami
Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj on May 3, 2016.

"A great son (sun) of India Adhyatma-Jyoti Sri Swami Adhyatmananda
Saraswati an "adarsh" yati & Saint of holy Matrubhoomi Bharatvarsha."
-  Gurumaharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj.

These are the words of His Master. Pujya Swamiji's devotion, loyalty and
obedience to the HIS Master is unparallel. He is a tireless karma yogi
who utilizes every second of His day in rendering the highest service to
Mankind. Pujya Swamiji is the embodiment of the teachings of Holy Master
Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. He is a yogi, vedantin & devotee all in one.

We pray to the Almighty Lord, Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj and
Gurumaharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj for Pujya Swamiji’s good
health and long life so that He could be a guiding light to spiritual
aspirants all over.

Upcoming 37th YTTC (May 21, 2016 - Jun 9, 2016)
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm> : Divya Jivan Newsletter, May
2016 YTTC at  Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad is organized under the
guidance & leadership of  Pujya Sri Swami Adhyartmanandaji Maharaj, who
has conducted over 770 Yoga camps in the East & the West. Ashram's holy
atmosphere is ideal for enhancing your spiritual growth as well as the
skill in the science of Yoga. You can still enroll. Contact the ashram
for the details - sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com / Registration form (
Please note the change in the dates from earlier post). On completion of
three weeks residential YTTC and successfully passing the test including
theory and practical, the graduate will receive a diploma certificate
recognized by Gujarat University.

News & Activity report for the Month of April 2016
<http://divyajivan.org/News%202016/News_April2016.htm>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>/April 2016
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_April%202016/DJ_April%202016.pdf>
Gitamrutam

Perform action, O Arjuna, being steadfast in Yoga, abandoning attachment
and balanced in success and failure! Evenness of mind is called Yoga ( 2:48)

Endowed with wisdom (evenness of mind), one casts off in this life both
good and evil deeds; therefore, devote thyself to Yoga; Yoga is skill in
action. (2:50)

Let that be known by the name of Yoga, the severance from union with
pain. This Yoga should be practiced with determination and with an
undesponding mind. (6:23)

The Yogi is thought to be superior to the ascetics and even superior to
men of knowledge (obtained through the study of scriptures); he is also
superior to men of action; therefore, be thou a Yogi, O Arjuna! (6:46)

*A Birthday Blessings from GuruMaharaj
How Wonderful!

*
Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
  http://www.divyajivan.org/ <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
mailto;divyadivyajivan at divyajivan.org
|Subscribe | Unsubscribe| Manage Subscription |