[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, December 2015

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Sat Dec 5 11:39:13 EST 2015

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
December 2015
====================================
OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
Glories og Srimad Bhagawad Gita on auspicious Gita Jayanti (Dec 21,
2015) -  Sri Swami Sivananda

"The Gita is the cream of the Vedas. It is the essence of the
soul-elevating Upanishads. It is a universal scripture applicable to
people of all temperaments and for all times. It is a wonderful book
with sublime thoughts and practical instructions on Yoga, devotion,
Vedanta and action. It is a marvelous book, profound in thought and
sublime in heights of vision. It brings peace and solace to souls that
are afflicted by the three fires of mortal existence, namely,
afflictions caused by one’s own body, those caused by beings around one,
and those caused by the gods."

  "The Gita is not merely a book or just a scripture. It is a living
voice carrying an eternally indispensable and vital message to mankind.
Its verses embody words of wisdom coming from the infinite ocean of
knowledge, the Absolute Itself."

  "The Gita is a source of power and wisdom. It strengthens you when you
are weak, and inspires you when you feel dejected and feeble. It teaches
you to embrace righteousness and to resist unrighteousness." - Swami
Sivananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/bhagawad_gita/index.htm>

Chidananda Darshan - through Life incidence of Guru Maharaj
Birth Centenary Celebration of Guru Bhagawan Sri Swami Chidanandaji
Maharaj
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/index.htm>(Sept
24, 2015 -Sept 24, 2016)

/Vande Guru Paramparam/
Swami Chidanandji was addressing a public meeting at Town Hall,
Ahmedabad in 1986 in regard to the Centenary Celebrations of Gurudev
Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. He explored the real significance behind the
centenary celebration in subtler terms. Swamiji emphasized that
centenary celebration of revered Gurudev is not simply meant to be an
occasion for paying tributes to Gurudev Sivananda, a doctor of body,
mind & soul but in a broader and philosophical terms, it is tantamount
to paying our gratitude and respects to the entire Guru Parampara, our
spiritual heritage and lineage of which he was a shining representative.

Sadasiva Samarambham Sankaracharya Madhyaman,
Asmad Acharya Paryantam Vande Guru-Paramparam.

I bow and pay homage to this long line of succession of Gurus that
originated from Sankar Bhagvan Himself and that had in its middle
Sankara Acharya, and to this day I pay homage to my own Guru, who is to
me the present representative of this spiritual lineage.

Yoga Learning from Swami Adhyatmananda

OMKAR - "Omkar Sadhana is the Prana of Spiritual Sadhana. Omkar is the
best Pranayam."

"The practice of Omkar destroys Tamasik thoughts and converts the
Rajasik thoughts into Sattvik thoughts. In long term if the people
living in all four directions on the earth start practising Omkar
regularly, the mental conflicts can be eliminated. Selfishness will
retire. Benevo­lence will be originated. The whole world can become a
family. The contradiction will decrease and smooth conversation will be
possible. The wind of pure selfless life will flow. Omkar is the highway
of world peace and welfare. Let us practice Omkar and make our life
suc­cessful".......- Swami Adhyatmananda << More>>.
<http://www.divyajivan.org/Yoga_Book/Chapter_1_Omkar%20.pdf>

Sivananda Yoga DVD
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/Chidananda%20Centenary%20Yoga%20DVD.htm>
: Sri Chidananda Birth Centenary Yoga DVD is a creation of Divya Jivan
Sanskrutik Sangh to commemorate Birth Centenary celebration of Guru
Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj. It is a complete guide for  the
beginners as well as experts. It contains 84 Yoga postures. It is like
Yoga Teachers comes to your home.

  Yoga, A way of Life ( DVD's, set of two )
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/yogadvd.htm> A complete guide to
Flexibilities exercises, Yoga Postures, Pranayam & Meditation compiled &
directed by renowned teacher H. H. Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji. Swamiji
leads Flexibility exercises and gives an in-depth study of Primary
Series of postures for students of all ages and fitness level.
Demonstration of Yoga Postures are accompanied by clear explanations of
alignment and form which is a helpful tool for Yoga learning. You will
find simple and systemic teaching of breathing exercises (Pranayamas),
Yoganidra (Savasana) & Meditation technique.

  For purchase of Yoga DVD-contact Ashram  # 079-2686234 or
sivanandaashram at gmail.com

Highlighting the News & Upcoming events
Chidananda Birth Centenary Celebrations continues
<http://divyajivan.org/Chidananda%20Centenary%20celebration/index.htm>

Jnana Yajan ( November 25, 2015 to December 6, 2015): Saints from all
over India graced the ashram for /"Bhashya Parayan - Prasthan Trayee
Parayan"/ and so did the devotees in mammoth crowd joined in this sacred
events. Ashram has become a pilgrimage place. About forty learned
Saints, Sages, Scholars and Mandleshwars from all over India have
commenced Jnan Yajna encompassing Prasthan Trayaee Parayan (Brahma
Sutra, Ten Principal Upanishads and Srimad Bhagavad Gita discourses)
nine hours every day for Twelve days (108 hours). Inaugural function on
eve of Nov 24, 2015 was graced by Maha Mandaleshwar Sri Swami
Kalyanandaji Maharaj of Bharati Ashram, Sri Swami Ram Swaroopanandaji
Maharaj of Koteshwar Mahadev, Niranjani Akhada, Gandhinagar and H. H.
Sri Swami Medhanandaji Maharaj from Kailash Ashram, Rishikesh and
Mahatmas from Uttarkashi, Rishikesh, Haridwar, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata,
Chennai, Bangalore, Thiruvananthapuram have joined this sacred event.
Concluding will be grand on December 6, 2015.

Upcoming 35 th Yoga Teachers Training course ( Dec 11, 2015 - Dec 30,
2015) <http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>: . Yoga Teachers Training
Course (YTCC) at Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad is organized under the
guidance and leadership of Yogacharya Pujya Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji
has conducted over 760 Yogasana Camps over the globe. Our comprehensive
Yoga Teachers Training Course provide a strong foundation for personal
and spiritual development.
for further details, contact Sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com / # 079-
26861234 / Registration form

News & Activity Report for the Month of November 2015
<http://divyajivan.org/News%202015/News_November2015.htm>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>/December 2015
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_Dec2015/DEC2015.pdf>
Gitamrutam

To them who are ever steadfast, worshiping Me with love, I give the Yoga
of discrimination by which they come to Me. (10:10)

To those men who worship Me alone, thinking of no other, of those ever
united, I secure what is not already possessed and preserve what they
already possess. ( 9:22)

To those men who worship Me alone, thinking of no other, of those ever
united, I secure what is not already possessed and preserve what they
already possess. (18:66)

Christmas, Its Spiritual Meaning <http://divyajivan.org/christmas/index.htm>

Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
http://www.divyajivan.org/
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
mailto;divyadivyajivan at divyajivan.org
|Subscribe | Unsubscribe| Manage Subscription |