[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter , February 2014

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Wed Feb 5 02:16:20 EST 2014

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
February 2014

====================================
OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
"Worship of Lord Shiva" on the occasion of auspicious Shivaratri Utsav
(Feb 27, 2014)

"The formal worship consists of bathing the Lord. Lord Shiva is
considered to be the Form of Light (which the Shiva Lingam represents).
He is burning with the fire of austerity. He is therefore best
propitiated with cool bathing. While bathing the Lingam the devotee
prays: "O Lord! I will bathe Thee with water, milk, etc. Do Thou kindly
bathe me with the milk of wisdom. Do Thou kindly wash me of all my sins,
so that the fire of worldliness which is scorching me may be put out
once for all, so that I may be one with Thee---the One alone without a
second."

"Offer this inner worship to Lord Shiva daily: "I worship the jewel of
my Self, the Shiva residing in the Lotus of my heart. I bathe Him with
the water of my pure mind brought from the river of faith and devotion.
I worship Him with the fragrant flowers of Samadhi---all this so that I
may not be born again in this world." - Swami Sivananda<<More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/shivaratri/index.htm>

Shiva Aradhana <http://divyajivan.org/Monthly_NL/index.htm> - Live
recording of Divine Satsang, Bhajans & Kirtans in praise of Lord
Shivaduring Shivaratri Utsav at Sivananda ashram, absolutely soul
starring and touching the heart to the core.

Satarudriyam or Rudram, Namakam
<http://saranaagathi.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/rudram_with_meanings.pdf>-
Hymn dedicated to Rudra (an epithet of Shiva), taken from the Yajurveda.
Sri Rudram is also known as Sri Rudraprasna, S'atarudri-ya, Rudradhyaya.
The text is also famous for its mention of the Shaivite Panchakshara
("five-syllable")mantra (Sanskrit: Namah. S'iva-ya), which appears in
the text of the S'atarudri-ya in the eighth anuvaka. Lord Shiva's
various attributes and aspects are invoked and worshiped. Chanting the
Rudram is considered to be of great benefit.

Early Morning Meditation Talk from "Ponder These  Truths" of Swami
Chidananada

"Four Powerful Transforming Factors"
  "Radiant Divinities! Beloved sadhaks and seekers! Today let us
consider four valuable means of making your life sublime, four valuable
factors that will keep your life moving towards the grand divine
destiny, to fulfill which you have been endowed with this human status.
For the power to feel, think, reason, understand, expand in knowledge
and grow in wisdom is verily the uniqueness of this privileged status of
yours as a human being on earth. These factors will enrich your human
status, adorn your spiritual life, enrich your sadhana and abhyasa, and
augment your movement towards your grand divine destiny of atma-jnana,
transcendental experience, God-realization."

  ".......These four powerful forces, powerful transforming factors, can
enhance your spiritual life, make it fully God-oriented, give it a push
in the right direction, take you towards the Goal Supreme---the power of
the Name which immediately links you up with the Unmanifest, the
transcendental Reality; constant remembrance of God in the mind; bhav,
the right feeling, sublime spiritual feeling in your heart; and fourth,
the right vision, which beholds the Reality everywhere, so that you
live, move and have your being in God."- Swami Chidananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

On Health Topics  from  a book "Yoga and  Health" by Swami Adhyatmananda

"Diabetes & Yoga-Abhyasa "

Diabetes can, in a few & milder cases be cured by Yoga way of Living.
The essential factors in managing diabetes are proper dieting, weight
control, regular exercise, practice of Yogasanas, Pranayama, Mudra,
Bandha etc. To begin with, one should start flexibility exercise,
Trikonasana and Suryanamaskara. Gradually and in proper order one should
practice main yogasanas namely Sarvangasana, Matsyasana, Halasana,
Paschimottanasna. Shitali and Shitkari Pranayamas have good effects on
internal secreting glands. One needs to seek medical consultation also.
<< More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/yoga&health/index.htm><http://www.divyajivan.org/yoga&health/index.htm>

Satsang with H.H. Swami Adhyatmanandaji (through Video clips) -
<http://divyajivan.org/video_clips/index.htm>on the subject of "
Excellence in Action" <http://divyajivan.org/video_clips/index.htm>
discourse series organized by AMA (Amdavad Managment Association)

Highlighting Upcoming Events
Shivaratri Utsa <http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>v : Please
join with us in Shivaratri Utsav (Feb 27, 2014)
upcoming 31st YTTC  hosted for advanced yoga students from Sivananda
yoga studio Taipei ( Taiwan) through SIVA (Sivananda International
Yoga-Vedanta Academy) <http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>
News & Activity  Report for the Month of January 2014
<http://divyajivan.org/News2014/News_jan14.htm>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm> / January 2014
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_Jan2014/Jan2014_final.pdf>

Gitamrutam

To those men who worship Me alone, thinking of no other, of those ever
united, I secure what is not already possessed and preserve what they
already possess.(9:22)

Fix thy mind on Me; be devoted to Me; sacrifice unto Me; bow down to Me;
having thus united thy whole self with Me, taking Me as the Supreme
Goal, thou shalt verily come unto Me.( 9:34)

Fix thy mind on Me only, thy intellect in Me, (then) thou shait no doubt
live in Me alone hereafter.(12:8)

Fix thy mind on Me, be devoted to Me, sacrifice to Me, bow down to Me.
Thou shalt come even to Me; truly do I promise unto thee, (for) thou art
dear to Me.(18:65)

Abandoning all duties, take refuge in Me alone; I will liberate thee
from all sins; grieve not.(18:66)

Shivarpanmastu! Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
http://www.divyajivan.org/
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
mailto;divyadivyajivan at divyajivan.org
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=divyajivan@divyajivan.org>
|Subscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-join@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.> |
Unsubscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-unsubscribe@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |