[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, December 2014

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Sat Nov 29 22:35:41 EST 2014

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
December  2014
====================================
OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya!
OM Namo Bhagawate Chidanandaya!
OM Namo Narayanaya!
Glories of Bhagawad Gita on the occasion of Gita Jayanti ( Dec 2, 2014)

"The Gita is the cream of the Vedas. It is the essence of the
soul-elevating Upanishads. It is a universal scripture applicable to
people of all temperaments and for all times. It is a wonderful book
with sublime thoughts and practical instructions on Yoga, devotion,
Vedanta and action. It is a marvelous book, profound in thought and
sublime in heights of vision. It brings peace and solace to souls that
are afflicted by the three fires of mortal existence, namely,
afflictions caused by one's own body, those caused by beings around one,
and those caused by the gods."

"The Gita is not merely a book or just a scripture. It is a living voice
carrying an eternally indispensable and vital message to mankind. Its
verses embody words of wisdom coming from the infinite ocean of
knowledge, the Absolute Itself."

"The Gita is a source of power and wisdom. It strengthens you when you
are weak, and inspires you when you feel dejected and feeble. It teaches
you to embrace righteousness and to resist unrighteousness." - Swami
Sivananda << More>> <http://divyajivan.org/bhagawad_gita/index.htm>

Quotes on Bhagavad Gita
<http://divyajivan.org/bhagawad_gita/quotes_on_gita.htm>

Chidananda Darshan - through Life incidence of Guru Maharaj
Centenary Celebration Year of H. H. Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj (Sept 24,
2014 -Sept 2015)

"Spiritual Doctor"
On one occasion I went to Swamiji and told him that with so many base
thoughts I was unfit for the Ashram life, and as such, I must be
permitted to go back home. To this Swamiji replied, "Because you have
got all these drawbacks you are eminently fit for the Ashram life. When
you are sick, what will you do? You will go and consult a doctor, join
the hospital, take the prescribed medicine and follow the dietetic
restrictions. Once you join the Hospital, you must do whatever the
doctor says, and having faith in him, you must completely free yourself
from all worries and anxieties. In a like manner, the moment you detect
such base thoughts in you, you must go to a Guru, take his advice, do
whatever he says and, above all, have faith in him and surrender to him
completely, and the recovery is bound to follow."

"Veternary Doctor"
One day Dr. Raoji noticed a dog lying near the office room of the
Ashram. It was full of sores and worms. It was clear that it had been in
agony for some time. The tender heart of Rao Swamiji bled at the
pathetic sight. He gave some medicines and injections and dressed its
affected parts with proper bandage and slept near the dog tending it the
whole night. When the Ashramites saw this in the morning they were
simply dazed. Gurudev remarked that Rao Swamiji was not a man but the
very embodiment of compassion.

Dattatreya Jayanti ( Dec 5, 2014)
Divya Jivan Newsletter, December 2014
Lord Sri Dattatreya - "He was a supreme Yogi. Like Dakshinamurti, He was
the adi guru, the primal World Teacher. Contemplate His life. Meditate
upon Him. Feel His divine presence. Evoke in your mind the sacred memory
of Sati Anasuya and Atri Maharshi, the power of chastity, and divine
grace in the form of Divinity taking birth at the earnest supplication
and prayer of a heart filled with devotion. The earnest prayer of a
heart filled with devotion never goes unanswered or unfulfilled. This is
what the advent, the avatara of Dattatreya represents or proves.-Swami
Chidananda << More>>.

Dattatreya Jayanti
<http://www.divyajivan.org/chidananda/dattatreya/index.htm> - Swami
Sivananda

On "Health Topics" from a Book " Yoga & Health " by Sri Swami Adhyatmananda
"Backache"
  Principle causes of Backache, Treatment & Precautions .......
  Bhujangasana, Baddha-Naukasana, Kati -Utthanasana, Ushtrasana,
Bharmari Pranayama & Shavasana are very helpful.
  Practice of Shalabhasana at the end of Bhujang­asana and practice of
Dhanurasana on completion of Ushtrasana are found very beneficial for
the backache. Therefore, without any type of hurry, with perfect quiet
attitude & balance state of mind, practise Asanas, Bhramari as well as
Omkar Pranayamas.- Swami Adhyatmananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/yoga&health/index.htm>

Highlighting News  & Upcoming events.

"Yoga is eternal life in the soul or spirit. It transforms a man into
divinity. It brings a message of hope to the forlorn, joy to the
depressed, strength to the weak and knowledge to the ignorant. Yoga way
of Life brings happiness of sound mind in sound body. Yogic living
implies discriminative living. Yoga is equanimity, equipoise or
equilibrium. It is the secret master-key to open the realms of eternal
bliss and deep abiding peace"  - Swami Adhyatmananda

33 rd Yoga Teachers Training Course (YTCC) through Sivananda Institute
of Yoga- Vedanta Academy <http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm> : Last
days to enroll.
On completion of three weeks residential YTTC and successfully passing
the test including theory and practical, the graduate will receive a
diploma certificate recognized by Gujarat University and will be able to
teach Yogasana and pranayama to others. During your stay at the Ashram,
you will be provided a comfortable room and yogic diet ( three meals /
day). For more details, contact Sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com / # 079- 26861234

News & Activity Report for the Month of November 2014
<http://divyajivan.org/News2014/News_November%202014.htm>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>/ November 2014
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_Nov2014/dj-nov14.pdf>

Gitamrutam

I am the Self, O Gudakesha, seated in the hearts of all beings! I am the
beginning, the middle and also the end of all beings.( 10:20)

Having become the fire Vaisvanara, I abide in the body of living beings
and, associated with the Prana and Apana, digest the fourfold food.(15:18)

I am the sapidity in water, O Arjuna! I am the light in the moon and the
sun; I am the syllable Om in all the Vedas, sound in ether, and virility
in men. (7:8)

I am the sweet fragrance in earth and the brilliance in fire, the life
in all beings; and I am austerity in ascetics.(7:9)

<http://divyajivan.org/christmas/index.htm>
Christmas -Its Spiritual Meaning <http://divyajivan.org/christmas/index.htm>

  Gurudevarpanmastu!
Home Page:
http://www.divyajivan.org/
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
mailto;divyadivyajivan at divyajivan.org
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-join@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Subscribe&body=Just+press+the+%22Send%22+button.+You+will+get+the+confirmation+link.+Please+send+the+confirmation+link+to+complete+the+subscription.>
|Unsubscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-unsubscribe@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Unsubscribe&body=Just+press+the+%22Send%22+button.+You+will+get+the+confirmation+link.+Please+send+the+confirmation+link+to+complete+the+unsubscription.>|Manage
Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |