[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, May 2013

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Tue Apr 30 22:52:39 EDT 2013

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram , Ahmedabad
May 2013
========================

OM Namo Bhagawate  Sivanandaya !
OM Namo Bhagawate  Chidanandaya !
OM Namo Narayanaya!

"Sankara is the foremost among the master-minds and the giant souls
which Mother India has produced. He was the expounder of the Advaita
philosophy. Sankara was a giant metaphysician, a practical philosopher,
an infallible logician, a dynamic personality and a stupendous moral and
spiritual force. His grasping and elucidating powers knew no bounds. He
was a fully developed Yogi, Jnani and Bhakta. He was a Karma Yogin of no
mean order. He was a powerful magnet."

"There is not one branch of knowledge which Sankara has left unexplored
and which has not received the touch, polish and finish of his
superhuman intellect. The loftiness, calmness and firmness of his mind,
the impartiality with which he deals with various questions, his
clearness of expression-all these make us revere the philosopher more
and more. His teachings will continue to live as long as the sun shines."

" Sankara's scholarly erudition and his masterly way of exposition of
intricate philosophical problems have won the admiration of all the
philosophical schools of the world at the present moment. Sankara was an
intellectual genius, a profound philosopher, an able propagandist, a
matchless preacher, a gifted poet and a great religious reformer. "-
Swami Sivananda << More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/Adishankaracharya/index.htm>

*==**============================================================================
**Early Meditation Talk from "Ponder These Truths by Sri Swami Chidananda*
Divya Jivan Newsletter, May 2013 **
"Eko devah sarvabhuteshu gudhah sarvavyapi sarvabhutantaratma,
karmadhyakshah sarvabhutadhivasah (God, Who is one only, is hidden in
all beings. He pervades all and He is the inner soul of all beings. He
presides over all actions and He dwells in all beings). Three times the
indwelling presence of God has been brought out in this single
verse---sarvabhuteshu gudhah (hidden in all beings), sarvabhutantaratma
(inner self of all beings), sarvabhutadhivasah (immanent in all beings).
Sarvavyapi (all-pervading) only once, but the indwelling presence thrice
within a single verse. Here also: saman sarveshu bhuteshu tishthantam
paramesvaram (the Supreme Lord is equally present in all beings). Again,
twice that I am within all creatures: ahamatma gudakesa
sarvabhutasayasthitah, aham adischa madhyam cha bhutanam anta eva cha (I
am the Self, O Arjuna, seated in the hearts of all beings; I am the
beginning, the middle and also the end of all beings)."

"Thus it is that immanence is key to divinity. Awareness of God's
presence within and without, in all beings, in all creatures, in all
nature becomes the key, the secret of living in the awareness of the
Yoga of the eleventh chapter of the Bhagavad Gita, the Yoga of the first
verse of the Isopanishad. What more can I say? Be aware, be aware of
God, aware of your relationship to Him, and make your life sublime and
divine and attain the supreme, grand goal of all spiritual aspiration,
of all spiritual life, of all spiritual sadhana, of all spiritual
living, the grand goal of God-consciousness and divine perfection and
liberation.all beings; I am the beginning, the middle and also the end
of all beings)."   -Swami Chidananda << More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

*============================================================================*
*A Birthday Greetings to H. H. Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj
*
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad invites you to join with us in "/Aayush
Homam/" & satsanga <http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>with
Mahatmas organized on happy occasion of  69^th Birthday Celebration of
Pujya Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji Mahar
<http://www.divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/selected%20photos.htm>aj
<http://www.divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/selected%20photos.htm> on May
3, 2013.We pray to the Almighty Lord, Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji
Maharaj and Gurumaharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj for Pujya
Swamiji's good health and long life so that He could be a guiding light
to spiritual aspirants all over. Pujya Swamiji is the embodiment of the
teachings of Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. He is a tireless
karma yogi who utilizes every second of His day in rendering the highest
service to Mankind.
/
/
/" Satsanga is the greatest of all purifiers and illuminators of man. It
is extremely difficult to come in contact with saint and to be benefited
by his company. It is through divine grace only one will get his darshan
and satsanga. A realized sage or saint is a fountain of delight, joy
and illumination.  Seek his company and evolve. Serve him with faith and
devotion. Follow the teachings of saints and sages, the perfected
Beings, the seers of truth." - Swami Sivananda /

/*Sant Darshan
<https://picasaweb.google.com/105300713324039948582/SantDarshan#slideshow/5872122474094219298>*/*

*
*==**============================================================================*
*****Highlighting the events*****

29th YTTC ( Dec  11, 2012 - Dec 30, 2012 )  at "SIVA" (Sivananda
International Vedanta & Yoga Academy)
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>You can still enroll.
Transform your life to Yoga way of Living. Enhance your skill in Yoga,
be a teacher and spread the knowledge to others. On completion of three
weeks residential YTTC and successfully passing the test including
theory and practical, the graduate will receive a diploma certificate
recognized by Gujarat University. Our comprehensive Yoga Teachers
Training Course provide a strong foundation for personal and spiritual
development.  contact Sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com / # 079- 26861234

Maa Sri Ashtlaksmi Patotsav
<http://divyajivan.org/ashtalakshmi/index.htm>/ Utsav Ganga (April 28,
2013 - May 3, 2013 <http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>) Follow up
News & Activity Report for the month of April 2013
<http://divyajivan.org/News2013/news_april2013.htm>
Divya Jivan Magazine ( monthly spiritual journal, Gujarati)
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>

*============================================================================
***Gitamrutam
**

  I am the sapidity in water, O Arjuna! I am the light in the moon and
the sun; I am the syllable Om in all the Vedas, sound in ether, and
virility in men.(7:8)

I am the sweet fragrance in earth and the brilliance in fire, the life
in all beings; and I am austerity in ascetics.(7:9)

Know Me, O Arjuna, as the eternal seed of all beings; I am the
intelligence of the intelligent; the splendour of the splendid objects
am I!(7:10)

Of the strong, I am the strength devoid of desire and attachment, and in
(all) beings, I am the desire unopposed to Dharma, O Arjuna!(7:11)

Whatever being (and objects) that are pure, active and inert, know that
they proceed from Me. They are in Me, yet I am not in them.(7:12)

****
*Gurudevarpanmastu*
Home Page:
http://www.divyajivan.org/
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
mailto;divyadivyajivan at divyajivan.org
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=divyajivan@divyajivan.org>
**