[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, March 2013

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Thu Feb 28 23:48:14 EST 2013

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram , Ahmedabad
March 2013
========================*
*
OM Namo Bhagawate  Sivanandaya !
Om Namo Bhagawate  Chidanandaya !
Om Namo Narayanaya!
*============================================================================
Shiva Worship on auspicious Shivaratri Utsav ( March 10, 2013 )
*
"Lord Shiva is considered to be the Form of Light (which the Shiva
Lingam represents). He is burning with the fire of austerity. He is
therefore best propitiated with cool bathing. While bathing the Lingam
the devotee prays: "O Lord! I will bathe Thee with water, milk, etc. Do
Thou kindly bathe me with the milk of wisdom. Do Thou kindly wash me of
all my sins, so that the fire of worldliness which is scorching me may
be put out once for all, so that I may be one with Thee---the One alone
without a second."

"Offer this inner worship to Lord Shiva daily: "I worship the jewel of
my Self, the Shiva residing in the Lotus of my heart. I bathe Him with
the water of my pure mind brought from the river of faith and devotion.
I worship Him with the fragrant flowers of Samadhi---all this so that I
may not be born again in this world." - Swami Sivananda<< More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/shivaratri/index.htm>*

* Sri Rudram <http://divyajivan.org/Rudram/Rudrastkam.pdf>*-*(sanskrit
text in full with Gujarati translation)*
*Sri Rudram chant is an ancient Vedic hymn in praise of Lord Shiva, and
is the oldest prayer with a listing of various names of Lord
Shiva.Through the chanting of  Sri Rudram, Lord  Shiva's various
attributes and aspects are invoked and worshipped. Chanting the Rudram
is considered to be of great benefit. Sri Rudram comprising of  Namakam
and Chamakam. It is  also known as Rudraprasna. It is part of the Yajur
Veda and one of the greatest of the Vedic hymns for all round benefits
of mankind and is known to remove all difficulties.*

*Shivdarshan ( video Clips) <http://divyajivan.org/video_clips/index.htm>
Join us in Shivaratri festival at the ashram
<http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>*****
<http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>
****
**============================================================================
***Early Meditation Talk from "Ponder These Truths by Sri Swami Chidananda

**"Steadfastness In Spiritual Practice"
"Whether you are a Vedantin, whether you are a bhakta, whether you are a
raja yogin, whether you are a karma yogin, whatever path you are
following, whatever sadhana you are doing, whatever abhyasa you are
engaged in, you must be firmly centred in it, and you must refuse to be
drawn out of it by any temptation, attraction, any outer force or factor."

"The pilgrims who are passing by on the way to Nilakanth are not
concerned with Haridwar or Rishikesh or Sivananda Ashram. They have come
from villages hundreds of miles around in order to reach Nilakanth. They
are only intent upon Nilakanth, reaching Nilakanth, carrying water for
Lord Mahadev."

"Even so, be rooted in the Self. Be firmly established in your ideal. Be
firmly established in your quest. Be firmly established in your abhyasa.
Be firmly established in your resolve. Do not budge from it. Do not
allow anything to draw you away from the central quest." - Swami
Chidananda << More>> <http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>
*
**============================================================================
***Yoga Learning from a book "Yoga, A way of life" by Sri Swami
Adhyatmananda
**Primary & Main Yogasana (Yoga Postures)
The Physical techniques of Yoga are the stepping stones to meditation.
According to Patanjali, Yoga is the cessation of the modifications of
the mind.
In the beginning the primary prerequisite to peace of mind is posture.
Yogasana practiced to gain steady posture, health and lightness in the
body. All Yoga postures are intended to directly or indirectly quiet the
mind. The majority of Asana have been devised to build up different
parts of the body and to develop the strength required by the more
advanced  Physical disciplines. The purpose of the yogasana is to
recondition the system, both mind and body, and to develop the nervous
and glandular systems. The different Yoga postures have been devised to
bring a rich supply of blood to the brain and to the various parts of
the spinal column. The yogasana work by stretching, bending and twisting
the spinal column in different directions to promote the health of the
nerves. When the body is purified, Prana (vital energy) can be conserved
and the individual becomes healthy and conscious. << More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/Yoga_Book/yoga%20_postures.pdf>

****
***============================================================================
*******Highlighting the events

****29th YTTC ( Dec  11, 2012 - Dec 30, 2012 )  at "SIVA" (Sivananda
International Vedanta & Yoga Academy)
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm> Yoga Teachers Training Course
(YTCC) at Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad is organized under the guidance
and leadership of Yogacharya Pujya Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji has
conducted over 680 Yogasana Camps over the globe. Our comprehensive Yoga
Teachers Training Course provide a strong foundation for personal and
spiritual development.

  YTTC offers a wonderful opportunity to experience the benefits of Yoga
practices, including Hatha Yoga, yogic breathing, deep relaxation,
meditation, yogic diet, all these in a beautiful and holy ashram
environment. It is design to further develop yoga student's skill in the
science of Yoga and prepare them to teach yoga to others. During your
stay, you will absorb yourself in the Yogic lifestyle and transform your
body, mind and spirit.You will receive diploma certificate recognized by
Gujarat University For details, contact Sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com / #
079- 26861234Registration Form
<http://divyajivan.org/yttc/Reg.form_May2013%20.pdf>****

****News & Activity Report for the month of February 2013
<http://divyajivan.org/News2013/news_feb%202013.htm>
News in the slide Show
<https://plus.google.com/photos/105300713324039948582/albums/5849646227034256289?banner=pwa>
<http://divyajivan.org/News2013/news_feb%202013.htm> Divya Jivan
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>/ February 2013
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/Feb2013_NL.pdf>****

*****============================================================================
GitaMrutam

*Arjuna said:

Those devotees who, ever steadfast, thus worship Thee and those also who
worship the Imperishable and the Unmanifested---which of them are better
versed in Yoga? ( 12:1)
The Blessed Lord said:

Those who, fixing their minds on Me, worship Me, ever steadfast and
endowed with supreme faith, these are the best in Yoga in My opinion.(12:2)

Those who worship the imperishable, the indefinable, the unmanifested,
the omnipresent, the unthinkable, the eternal and the immovable,(12:3)

Having restrained all the senses, even-minded everywhere, intent on the
welfare of all beings---verily they also come unto Me.(12:4)

Greater is their trouble whose minds are set on the Unmanifested; for
the goal---the Unmanifested---is very difficult for the embodied to
reach.(12:5)

But to those who worship Me, renouncing all actions in Me, regarding Me
as the supreme goal, meditating on Me with single-minded Yoga,(12:6)

To those whose minds are set on Me, O Arjuna, verily I become ere long
the saviour out of the ocean of the mortal Samsara!(12:7)*

*
**
*Gurudevarpanmastu*
Home Page:
http://www.divyajivan.org/
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
mailto;divyadivyajivan at divyajivan.org
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=divyajivan@divyajivan.org>
|Subscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-join@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.>|Unsubscribe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=chidananda-unsubscribe@divyajivan.org,divyajivan@divyajivan.org&su=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|Manage
Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org>|