[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, April 2013

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Wed Apr 3 01:04:30 EDT 2013

Divya Jivan Newsletter
Sivananda Ashram , Ahmedabad
April 2013
========================
OM Namo Bhagawate Sivanandaya !
OM Namo Bhagawate  Chidanandaya !
OM Namo Narayanaya!
*==**============================================================================*

*Sri Ramnavami Utsav ( April 20, 2013 )
*
"The Name of Lord Rama is the greatest purifier of the heart. It wipes
away all one's sins. Not only this, but it wipes away the sinful
tendencies as well. The Name is sweeter than the sweetest of objects. It
is the haven of peace. It is the very life of pure souls. It is the
purifier of all purifying agencies. It quenches the consuming fire of
worldly desires. It awakens the knowledge of God. It bathes the aspirant
in the, ocean of divine bliss. Glory to Sri Rama and His Name!.......

  None but the righteous can be truly happy. None but he who has the
correct sense of duty and the will for its implementation can be said to
live worthily. One must be imbued with a definite conviction about the
supremacy of moral principles, ethical values and spiritual ideals.
These ought to guide one's day-to-day actions and serve as powerful
means for the culture of the human personality. That is the purpose of
life. That is the way to Self-realisation. That is the message and the
mission of Lord Rama's Life on earth......- Swami  Sivananda<< More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/ramanavami/index.htm>

*==**============================================================================
**Sri Hanuman Jayanti  ( April 25, 2013) *

Hanuman was the living embodiment of the power of Ram-Nam. He was an
ideal selfless worker, a true Karma Yogi who worked desirelessly. He was
a great devotee and an exceptional Brahmachari or celibate. He served
Sri Rama with pure love and devotion, without expecting any fruit in
return. He lived only to serve Sri Rama."

"Hanuman ranks first amongst the heroes of the world. His heroic deeds,
wonderful exploits and marvelous feats of strength and bravery cannot be
adequately described.He is a Chiranjeevi. He is everywhere. He who has
eyes and devotion beholds him and receives his blessing" Swami Sivananda
<< More>> <http://www.divyajivan.org/hanuman/index.htm>

*==**============================================================================*
*Ea***rly Meditation Talk from "Ponder These Truths by Sri Swami Chidananda
**
"Surrender"   - " It is our ego-sense that we surrender, the idea "I am
doing." We surrender our self-will and put ourselves into His hands, so
that we act as He dictates, we act as He teaches. So action is there,
but no more self-will, no more action prompted by the mind, but action
according to the will of God, according to the wisdom teachings of God
and His saints."

  Surrender and activity do not conflict with each other, but are part
and parcel of a total act of spiritualising yourself completely,
stepping aside and asking God to take over. If God takes over,
everything is under control, everything is working perfectly. If we are
there, nothing is under control---mind is not under control, senses are
not under control, everything is upside down. When you put yourself
under the will of God and His wisdom teachings, then you are a
self-controlled person. You will not allow the senses to do whatever
they wish or the mind to do whatever it wishes. You will only do that
which is in accordance with the will of God, the teachings of God and
the saints. If it is not in consonance with the will of God and the
teachings of the saints, you will not do it." -  Swami Chidananda<<
More>> <http://www.divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

*============================================================================*
*Yoga Learning from a book "Yoga, A way of life" by Sri Swami Adhyatmananda*
****
****Yoganidra is a prolonged Shavasan that leads to relaxation and
finally establishes in meditation. It is the art of conscious
relaxation. It is a technique which will allow you to reach new sates of
conscious awareness with acute perception of both your physical and
subtle body. As you practice these techniques you will feel the flow of
Prana move through physical, emotional and energetic blockages. The end
result is the healing of the body and mind and the expansion of
consciousness.
Yoganidra CD <http://divyajivan.org/publications.htm>- By Swami
Adhyatmanandaji
  Yoga, A way of Life (DVD's , set of two)
<http://www.divyajivan.org/misc/yogadvd.htm>For purchase of Yoga
DVD-contact Ashram  # 079-2686234 orsivanandaashram at gmail.com
<mailto:sivanandaashram at gmail.com>

*******
*******
****============================================================================
*******Highlighting the events

Maa Sri Ashtlaksmi Patotsav
<http://divyajivan.org/ashtalakshmi/index.htm>/ Utsav Ganga (April 28,
2013 - May 3, 2013 <http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>)***** You
are invited to upcoming religious activities at the Ashram**********
News & Activity Report for the month of March 2013
<http://divyajivan.org/News2013/News_march2013.htm>
Divya Jivan <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm> / April 2013
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_april2013/T_2.pdf>

<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>29th YTTC ( Dec  11, 2012 - Dec
30, 2012 )  at "SIVA" (Sivananda International Vedanta & Yoga Academy)
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm> Yoga Teachers Training Course
(YTCC) at Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad is organized under the guidance
and leadership of Yogacharya Pujya Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji has
conducted over 680 Yogasana Camps over the globe. Our comprehensive Yoga
Teachers Training Course provide a strong foundation for personal and
spiritual development.

   YTTC offers a wonderful opportunity to experience the benefits of
Yoga practices, including Hatha Yoga, yogic breathing, deep relaxation,
meditation, yogic diet, all these in a beautiful and holy ashram
environment. It is design to further develop yoga student's skill in the
science of Yoga and prepare them to teach yoga to others. During your
stay, you will absorb yourself in the Yogic lifestyle and transform your
body, mind and spirit.You will receive diploma certificate recognized by
Gujarat University For details, contact Sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com / #
079- 26861234Registration Form
<http://divyajivan.org/yttc/Reg.form_May2013%20.pdf>

*******
******
**********============================================================================*********
*Gitamrutam

*To those men who worship Me alone, thinking of no other, of those ever
united, I secure what is not already possessed and preserve what they
already possess.(9:22)

Fix thy mind on Me; be devoted to Me; sacrifice unto Me; bow down to Me;
having thus united thy whole self with Me, taking Me as the Supreme
Goal, thou shalt verily come unto Me.( 9:34)

He who does all actions for Me, who looks upon Me as the Supreme, who is
devoted to Me, who is free from attachment, who bears enmity towards no
creature, he comes to Me, O Arjuna! (11:55)

Abandoning all duties, take refuge in Me alone; I will liberate thee
from all sins; grieve not. (18:66)

*Gurudevarpanmastu*
Home Page:
http://www.divyajivan.org/
  For questions, comments and suggestions:
mailto;divyadivyajivan at divyajivan.org
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=divyajivan@divyajivan.org>