[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, January 2012

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Tue Jan 3 08:35:22 EST 2012

January 2012

  Divya Jivan Newsletter

*January 2012 *

Home <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
News <http://www.divyajivan.org/news.htm>
Upcoming Events <http://www.divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>
What's New? <http://www.divyajivan.org/what_is_new.htm>
Services <http://www.divyajivan.org/services.htm>
Multimedia <http://www.divyajivan.org/multimedia.htm>
Publications <http://www.divyajivan.org/publications.htm>
Administration <http://www.divyajivan.org/administration.htm>
Saints and Sages <http://www.divyajivan.org/saints_and_sages.htm>
Photo Gallery <http://www.divyajivan.org/photo_gallery.htm>
Contact <http://www.divyajivan.org/contact.htm>

*New Year Message - Sri Swami  Sivananda*****

By the command of the Indestructible Being, minutes, hours, days and
nights, stand apart. By the command of the Immortal Brahman, months,
years, seasons and solstices stand apart. He who knows this
Indestructible Being is a liberated sage or Jivanmukta.

Time rolls on. New becomes old and old becomes new again. Today is the
most auspicious New Year’s day. God has given you another chance this
year to enable you to strive for your salvation. Today man is. Tomorrow
he is not. Therefore avail yourself of this golden opportunity, struggle
hard and reach the goal of life. Make the best use of every moment of
this New Year. Unfold all latent faculties. Here is a chance to begin
life anew, to grow and evolve and become a superhuman or a great dynamic
Yogi.

May this bright New Year’s day and all the succeeding days of this year
and all the future years also bring you all success, peace, prosperity
and happiness. May you all tread the path of Truth and righteousness!
May you enjoy the eternal bliss of the Absolute, leading a divine life,
singing Lord’s name, sharing what you have with others, serving the poor
and the sick with Atma Bhava and melting the mind in silent meditation
in the Supreme Self.- Swami Sivananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/sivananda/newyear_%20message.htm>

*Early Morning Meditation Talks from "" Ponder These Truths " by Sri
Swami Chidananda *

*
**Cultivate Peace *
"Radiant Divinities! Beloved Atman! Cultivate /santi / (peace) within
your heart. Cultivate the habit of peace and serenity which is a
covetable possession, that is a positive force to take you towards your
supreme Goal. Cultivate /santi /in your mind and in your heart, for it
is a condition prerequisite for the inward process of bringing the mind
to rest upon the Eternal and the Divine. There can be no concentration
for one who does not cultivate the habit of peace. The Lord poses this
question in the Bhagavad Gita: “/asantasya kutah sukham/?—How can
happiness come to one who is not at peace?”

The Supreme Reality, Atman-Brahman, is immeasurable peace, profound,
boundless, indescribable peace. The great transcendental experience of
your ancestors and of the supreme mystics of all times and climes is
that the Reality pervades everywhere, which means that peace fills all
existence. From their transcendental experience our ancestors declared
boldly that the Supreme Reality dwells in the core of your own heart.
One divine Reality dwells hidden in all beings, which means that peace
dwells within you permanently as the innermost center of your being.-
Swami Chidananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

*On "Health Topics"  from a book " Yoga  and Health " By Swami
Adhyatmananda*

*Osteoporosis
*What Is Oseoporosis ? How Does the Osteoporosis Treated & Prevented?
Does Practice of Flexibility exercises & Yogasana help ? Which Yogasana
is recommended?

Osteoporosis is a condition characterized by the loss of the normal
density of bone, resulting in fragile bone. Osteoporosis leads to
literally abnormally porous bone that is more compressible like a
sponge, than dense like a brick. This disorder of the skeleton weakens
the bone causing an increase in the risk for breaking bones (bone fracture).

Here the importance of proper nutrition can't undermined. Regular
practice of flexibility exercises, Yogasana and Pranayama is essential
for prevention and treatment of Osteoporosis. <<More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/yoga&health/index.htm>

<mailbox:///C%7C/Users/M.%20Naik/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/0jtjlzd2.default/Mail/divyajivan.org/Templates?number=361522312&part=1.4&filename=hyperacidity.htm>

*Highlighting upcoming events and news*

Upcoming Jnana Yajana <http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm> (Jan
11,2012- Jan 24,2012) - by Pujya Swami Haribrahmendranandaji Maharaj

A special YTTC <http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm> - Jan 29,
2012 - Feb 20, 2012

News & Activity Report for the Month of  December 2011
<http://divyajivan.org/News2011/Oct2011_news.htm>

Video Clip - Pujya Swamiji's discourse at AMA (Ahmedabad Managment
Association) <http://divyajivan.org/video_clips/index.htm>

Divya Jivan (Gujarati) <http://www.divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>
/ November 2011
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_Nov2011%29/DJ_Nov2011.pdf>

*Quotes of  Swami Vivekananda
Vivekananda Jayanti ( Jan 12, 2012 )
*

  * "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and everything shall be added
    unto you." This is the one great duty, this is renunciation. Live
    for an ideal, and leave no place in the mind for anything else. Let
    us put forth all our energies to acquire that which never fails--our
    spiritual perfection. If we have true yearning for realization, we
    must struggle, and through struggle growth will come. We shall make
    mistakes, but they may be angels unawares."

  * "In this external world, which is full of finite things, it is
    impossible to see and find the Infinite. The Infinite must be sought
    in that alone which is infinite, and the only thing infinite about
    us is that which is within us, our own soul. Neither the body, nor
    the mind, nor even our thoughts, nor the world we see around us, is
    infinite."

  *   "Do not go for glass beads leaving the mine of diamonds. This life
    is a great chance. What, seekest thou the pleasures of the world? He
    is the fountain of all bliss. See for the highest, aim at that
    highest, and you shall reach the highest.

  * "Realize your true nature. That is all there is to do. Know yourself
    as you are—infinite spirit. That is practical religion. Everything
    else is impractical, for everything else will perish."

/*Guurudevarpanstu! */
<mailto:chidananda-join at divyajivan.org,divyajivan at divyajivan.org?Subject=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.>
| Unsubscribe
<mailto:chidananda-unsubscribe at divyajivan.org,divyajivan at divyajivan.org?Subject=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |