[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, December 2011

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Sun Dec 4 03:44:55 EST 2011

December 2011

  Divya Jivan Newsletter

*December 2011 *

Home <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
News <http://www.divyajivan.org/news.htm>
Upcoming Events <http://www.divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>
What's New? <http://www.divyajivan.org/what_is_new.htm>
Services <http://www.divyajivan.org/services.htm>
Multimedia <http://www.divyajivan.org/multimedia.htm>
Publications <http://www.divyajivan.org/publications.htm>
Administration <http://www.divyajivan.org/administration.htm>
Saints and Sages <http://www.divyajivan.org/saints_and_sages.htm>
Photo Gallery <http://www.divyajivan.org/photo_gallery.htm>
Contact <http://www.divyajivan.org/contact.htm>

*"Song Celestial"- Bhagavad Gita * *
**Bhagwad Gita Jayanti  ( Dec 6, 2011 ) ***

"The /Gita /is not merely a book or just a scripture. It is a living
voice carrying an eternally indispensable and vital message to mankind.
Its verses embody words of wisdom coming from the infinite ocean of
knowledge, the Absolute Itself."

The /Gita /is the most beautiful and the only truly philosophical song.
It contains sublime lessons on wisdom and philosophy. It is the “Song
Celestial”. It is the universal gospel. It contains the message of life
that appeals to all, irrespective of race, creed, age or religion. The
/Gita /contains the divine nectar. It is the wish-fulfilling gem, tree
and cow. You can milk anything from it. It is a book for eternity. It is
a /vade-mecum /for all. Peace, bliss, wisdom, Brahman, Nirvana, Param
Padam and /Gita /are all synonymous terms." -   Sri Swami Sivananda <<
More>> <http://divyajivan.org/bhagawad_gita/index.htm>
*
*"All that can be learned by going through the whole of the Gita can be
as well accomplished by repeating “Gita”, “Gita” – Gita-gi-ta-gita, ten
times; it virtually comes to be “Ta-gi” “Ta-gi” – a modification of
“Tyagi”, “Tyagi”, which means one who has given up the world both
outwardly and from the mind."- Sri Ramkrishna Parmhansadev

"When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and I
see not one ray of hope on the horizon, I turn to Bhagavad-Gita and find
a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of
overwhelming sorrow. Those who meditate on the Gita will derive fresh
joy and new meanings from it every day."- Mahatma Gandhiji

*<< More Quotes on Bhagvad Gita>>*
<http://divyajivan.org/bhagawad_gita/quotes_on_gita.htm>
*Early Morning Meditation Talks from "" Ponder These Truths " by Sri
Swami Chidananda *

*
What Pleases the Lord? *
  "......Let us purify our heart, and that purified heart will know the
sublime /bhav /of devotion and love. And it is through such /bhav /that
whatever we do, no matter how imperfect it may be, will become
acceptable to the Lord as though it were perfect. /Bhav/,//feeling of
the heart, that is the one way of drawing down His grace. Think about it
and cultivate it with diligence. Pray for it. Devotion, compassion,
meditation, combined with /bhav/—everything in conjunction with
/bhav/—becomes the highest qualification, pleases the Lord, draws His
grace and makes your sadhana successful. God bless you!"  - Swami
Chidananda <<More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

*On "Health Topics"  from a book " Yoga  and Health " By Swami
Adhyatmananda*

Yoganidra is a prolonged Shavasan that leads to relaxation and finally
establishes in meditation. It is the art of conscious relaxation. It is
a technique which will allow you to reach new sates of conscious
awareness with acute perception of both your physical and subtle body.
As you practice these techniques you will feel the flow of Prana move
through physical, emotional and energetic blockages. The end result is
the healing of the body and mind and the expansion of consciousness.
Yoganidra CD <http://divyajivan.org/publications.htm> - By Swami
Adhyatmanandaji
Yoga, A way of Life (DVD's , set of two)
<http://www.divyajivan.org/misc/yogadvd.htm> For purchase of Yoga
DVD-contact Ashram  # 079-2686234 or sivanandaashram at gmail.com

*Highlighting upcoming event and news*

25^th Yoga Teachers Training Course
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm> (Dec 11, 2011- Dec 30, 2011)

Upcoming YTTC ( Dec 11, 2009 - Dec 30, 2009)
<http://www.divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm> - You can still enroll in
YTTC at Sivananda Ashram , Ahmedabad. Yoga Teacher Training Course at
Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabada is designed to offer you the experience of
living, Yoga way of Life and to present the necessary techniques that
will enable you to pass these great teachings on to others.The program
syllabus includes detailed instructions for each posture with their
benefits. Also, in depth practice of different pranayama (breathing
exercises), meditation,  relaxation (Yoga Nidra) techniques are taught
based on Patanjali Yoga philosophy. At the concluding of the program and
passing the test graduate receives certificate recognized by Gujarat
University.  For more details, Contact Sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com
<mailto:Sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com> / # 079- 26861234

Dattatreya Jayanti ( Dec 10, 2011)
<http://divyajivan.org/dattatreya/index.htm>- Satsang
<http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>

Video Clip -<http://divyajivan.org/>Pujya Swami Adhyatmanandaji
Maharaj's talk hosted at E TV Gujarati by Sri Sudhir Raval
<http://divyajivan.org/>. <http://divyajivan.org/>
Pujya Swamiji's discourse at AMA (Ahmedabad Managment Association)
<http://divyajivan.org/video_clips/index.htm>

News & Activity Report for the Month of November 2011
<http://divyajivan.org/News2011/Nov2011_news.htm>
Divya Jivan (Gujarati) <http://www.divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>
/ November 2011
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_Nov2011%29/DJ_Nov2011.pdf>

*Gitamrutam *
**

I am the Self, O Gudakesha, seated in the hearts of all beings! I am the
beginning, the middle and also the end of all beings.( 10-20)

That, the Light of all lights, is beyond darkness; it is said to be
knowledge, the Knowable and the goal of knowledge, seated in the hearts
of all.(13-18)

Having become the fire Vaisvanara, I abide in the body of living beings
and, associated with the Prana and Apana, digest the fourfold food.( 15-14)

That light which residing in the sun, illumines the whole world, that
which is in the moon and in the fire—know that light to be Mine.( 15-12)

Fix thy mind on Me; be devoted to Me; sacrifice unto Me; bow down to Me;
having thus united thy whole self with Me, taking Me as the Supreme
Goal, thou shalt verily come unto Me.(9-34)

/*Guurudevarpanstu! */
<mailto:chidananda-join at divyajivan.org,divyajivan at divyajivan.org?Subject=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.>
| Unsubscribe
<mailto:chidananda-unsubscribe at divyajivan.org,divyajivan at divyajivan.org?Subject=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |