[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, September 2011

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Wed Aug 31 21:58:00 EDT 2011

September  2011

  Divya Jivan Newsletter

*September 2011 *

Home <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
News <http://www.divyajivan.org/news.htm>
Upcoming Events <http://www.divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>
What's New? <http://www.divyajivan.org/what_is_new.htm>
Services <http://www.divyajivan.org/services.htm>
Multimedia <http://www.divyajivan.org/multimedia.htm>
Publications <http://www.divyajivan.org/publications.htm>
Administration <http://www.divyajivan.org/administration.htm>
Saints and Sages <http://www.divyajivan.org/saints_and_sages.htm>
Photo Gallery <http://www.divyajivan.org/photo_gallery.htm>
Contact <http://www.divyajivan.org/contact.htm>

***Remembering **124th Birth Anniversary of Holy Master Sri Swami
Sivanandaji Maharaj
**( September 8,  2011) *

Our Adorations and Prostrations to the Lotus Feet of  Most Worshipful
and Revered Gurudev Sri Swami Sivnandaji Maharaj.

  "Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj was the Man for the Mankind.
Each breath of his life he breathed to serve, love and give the best
what he could give or the best he could do for the mankind. He was a
Godman, filled with wonderful love in his heart. From head to toe he was
oozing with divine nectar of love, love and love only. He lived all his
life for the good of mankind and he became a person beloved by countless
people all over the world".........<<More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/sivananda/index.htm>Swami Adhyatmananda

* Spiritual Significance of Navaratri ( Sept 28, 2011 -October 6, 2011)
*

"The central purpose of existence is to recognise your eternal identity
with the supreme Spirit. It is to grow into the image of the Divine. The
supreme One embodies the highest perfection. It is spotless purity. To
recognise your identity with That, to attain union with That, is verily
to grow into the very likeness of the Divine. The aspirant, therefore,
as his initial step, has to get rid of all the countless impurities, and
the demoniacal elements that have come to cling to him in his embodied
state. Then he has to acquire lofty virtues and auspicious, divine
qualities. Thus purified, knowledge flashes upon him like the brilliant
rays of the sun upon the crystal waters of a perfectly calm lake."
  "This process demands a resolute will, determined effort and arduous
struggle. In other words, strength and infinite power are the prime
necessity. Thus it is the Divine Mother who has to operate through the
aspirant. Let us now consider how?" ........Swami Sivananda << More >>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/navaratri/index.htm>

Devi Mahatamya -
<http://www.divyajivan.org/navaratri/devi_mahatmya.htm>Swami Krishnananda

<http://www.divyajivan.org/realaudio/mangal_kari_mata.ram>

*Early Morning Meditation talks from" Ponder These Truths" by Sri  Swami
Chidananda* **

Dying to The Little Self : ".......What Guru Maharaj has summed up as,
“Die to live, lead the divine life.” “When shall I be free? When I shall
cease to be.” “Then shall I be free, when I shall cease to be.” Then
shall be the great orb, the great sunrise of God-awareness,
God-consciousness, the great day of days, of rejoicing, of hallelujah,
of /vijaya /(victory). And forever this human consciousness is set to
rest, /atyantika abhava /(total, complete absence) of the false “I”.
“For it is in dying to the little self that one attains to ever-lasting
life.” It does not mean some grand or imaginary, fanciful, post-mortem
stage or other-worldly stage. Everlasting life is here and now, and
dying to the little self is the process of Yoga.  - Swami Chidananda
...... <<More>> <http://www.divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

Salutations & Prostration to Our beloved Gurumaharaj Sri Swami
Chidanandaji Maharaj on Birth Anniversary of HIS Holiness ( Sept 24, 2011)
<http://divyajivan.org/chidananda/index.htm>

Remembering Life Divine of HIS Holiness
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/Amrut_Putra.htm>

/* On Health topics  from a book  "Yoga and Health"  by Swami
Adhyatmananda */

*"Backache"
*Principle causes of Backache, Treatment & Precautions .......
  Bhujangasana, Baddha-Naukasana, Kati -Utthanasana, Ushtrasana,
Bharmari Pranayama & Shavasana are very helpful.
  Practice of Shalabhasana at the end of Bhujang­asana and practice of
Dhanurasana on completion of Ushtrasana are found very beneficial for
the backache. Therefore, without any type of hurry, with perfect quiet
attitude & balance state of mind, practise Asanas, Bhramari as well as
Omkar Pranayamas. <<More>> <http://www.divyajivan.org/yoga&health/index.htm>

<http://www.divyajivan.org/Divya_Tour2009/index.htm>

*Highlighting the Ashram News*

News & Activity Report for the Month of August 2011
<http://divyajivan.org/News2011/August%202011_news.htm>
Divya Jivan (Gujarati)
<http://www.divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>/July-August 2011
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/djjulaug2011.pdf>
Upcoming Yoga Teachers Training Course December 2011
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm>

*Lord Sri Ganesha  - Remover of  Obstacles
**  ( on  Ganesh Chaturthi - Sept 1, 2011) *

Sri Ganesh Sahsranama (sanskrit txt.)
<http://divyajivan.org/ganesh/ganesha-1008.pdf> / English translation
<http://divyajivan.org/ganesh/Ganesh%20_Sahasranamam%20_english%282%29.pdf>
Sri Ganesh Sahsranama Stotra
<http://divyajivan.org/ganesh/GANAPATI_Sahsranama_english.sanskrit.pdf>

Om Sri Ganeshaya Namah!
<http://divyajivan.org/ganesh/index.htm>/*<http://divyajivan.org/ganesh/index.htm>

Guurudevarpanstu! */

<mailto:chidananda-join at divyajivan.org,divyajivan at divyajivan.org?Subject=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.>
| Unsubscribe
<mailto:chidananda-unsubscribe at divyajivan.org,divyajivan at divyajivan.org?Subject=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> |