[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, May 2011

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Thu Apr 28 02:05:33 EDT 2011

May 2011

  Divya Jivan Newsletter

*May  2011 *

Home <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
News <http://www.divyajivan.org/news.htm>
Upcoming Events <http://www.divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>
What's New? <http://www.divyajivan.org/what_is_new.htm>
Services <http://www.divyajivan.org/services.htm>
Multimedia <http://www.divyajivan.org/multimedia.htm>
Publications <http://www.divyajivan.org/publications.htm>
Administration <http://www.divyajivan.org/administration.htm>
Saints and Sages <http://www.divyajivan.org/saints_and_sages.htm>
Photo Gallery <http://www.divyajivan.org/photo_gallery.htm>
Contact <http://www.divyajivan.org/contact.htm>

	*
*****Biography of Sri **A**di-Sankaracharya **- Swami Sivananda* *
  on the occasion of Sri Sankaracharya Jayanti **( May 8, 2011)*

“I am the Self of all; I am the all; I am transcendent; I am one without
a second; I am the Absolute; I am the infinite Consciousness; I am
homogeneous bliss” - Sri Adisankaracharya
This is the assertion of Shankara, India’s greatest philosopher-saint,
the incarnation of Lord Shiva, reverently known as Srimath Adi
Shankaracharya. What can we take him for except the Lord Himself, who
proclaims authoritatively and undauntedly:
Sankara is the foremost among the master-minds and the giant souls which
Mother India has produced. He was the expounder of the Advaita
philosophy. Sankara was a giant metaphysician, a practical philosopher,
an infallible logician, a dynamic personality and a stupendous moral and
spiritual force. His grasping and elucidating powers knew no bounds. He
was a fully developed Yogi, Jnani and Bhakta. He was a Karma Yogin of no
mean order. He was a powerful magnet. - Swami Sivananda " << More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/Adishankaracharya/index.htm>
Nirvana Shatkam
<http://www.divyajivan.org/realaudio/nirvana_shatakam.ram>   -  Audio-Clip

*Early Morning Meditation Talks from Ponder These Truths by Sri Swami
Chidananda*

*//*

The Key to happiness
The key is inside. It is a state of mind that we diligently create
within us that ultimately has the effect of creating happiness or misery
for us. Therefore, mind alone is the cause of bondage and liberation.
Mind is the cause of pleasure and pain, joy and sorrow. Whatever it
is,/mana eva karanam manushyanam/—for human beings, mind itself is the
main cause. And in the higher metaphysical sense, Vedanta says:
“/manahkalpitam jagat/—this world is created by your mind.”

/- /Swami Chidananda<< More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

*Yoga Learning through a Book "Yoga, A Way of Life" by Swami Adhyatmananda
*

**

*/Prana/ - * "The true meaning of /Prana/ is not only breath. The /Prana
/is energy. It is universal power, brightness, intelligence in this
world. All these cosmic energies are named as light and
/Prana./"/Yatkinchit Jagat Sarvam Drishyate Shruyatepiva/..This /Prana/
is filled in all that we see and hear, the inside and outside of all
things, all movement etc. .
  The Prana is the source of all capabilities and the power in the
universe. /Prana/ is the only power behind the normal functioning of the
system of respiration (inhalation and exhalation), blood circulation,
digestion, excretion of urine and stool, system producing semen,
structure of our bones and also the nervous system.The working abilities
of sensory organs and motor organs improve as each cell  gets extra
nutrition. The secret of beauty of skin, shining of the face, brightness
of the eyes, intelligence power and development of mental power is the
result of the practice of Pranayama. The practice of Pranayama means
oneness with cosmic energy. Pranayama Sadhana opens the doors of subtle
life from the gross life "-  Swami Adhyatmananda. <<More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/Yoga_Book/chapter_3_Prana.pdf>

22^nd YTTC ( May 11, 2011 - May 30, 2011)
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/index.htm> You can still enroll.

Enhance your skill in Yoga, be a teacher and spread the knowledge to
others. You can accomplish all that by joining YTTC at Sivananda Ashram,
Ahmedabad. It is organized under the guidance & leadership of  H. H. Sri
Swami Adhyartmanandaji,  Ashram's holy atmosphere is ideal for enhancing
your spiritual growth as well as the skill in the field of science of Yoga.
  You can still enroll. Please contact the ashram for the details
sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com <mailto:sivananda_ashram at yahoo.com> / call #
079 26861234.*Registration form
<http://divyajivan.org/misc/YTTC_May11.doc> *

*Upcoming Program//**
*

**

**
<http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>/<http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>
"Mangal Utsav"/**at Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad
<http://divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>( April 29, 2011 - May 3, 2011)
10 th Anniversary of Sri Ashtalaxmi Bhavan
<http://www.divyajivan.org/ashtalakshmi/index.htm>**& Sri Chidananda
Dhyana Mandir
<http://www.divyajivan.org/ashtalakshmi/latest%20photo.htm> and 67th
Pragtyotsav (Birthday) of Pujya Sri Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj (May 3, 2011)*
*

Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad invites you to join with us in a week of
religious festivity including Navchandi Yajana, satsang with Mahatmas,
and "/Aayush Homam/" on happy occasion of 67^th Birthday Celebration of
Pujya Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj on May 3,
2011*<http://www.divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/index.htm>
*We pray to the Almighty Lord, Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj and
Gurumaharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj for Pujya Swamiji’s good
health and long life so that He could be a guiding force to seekers all
over in the path of Yoga way of Living .

Books on Yoga <http://www.divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/publication.htm>-
by  Sri Swami Adhyatmananda

News & Activity Report for the Month of April 2011
<http://divyajivan.org/News2011/April%202011_news.htm>

<http://divyajivan.org/News2011/April%202011_news.htm>Divya Jivan
Gujarati <http://www.divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm> /  March 2011
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_feb_2011.pdf>

So Says Swami Sivananda

    * Be full of Joy always. Joy is the best blood tonic. Joy saves. Joy
      cures. Joy elevates. Joy is your essential nature.

    * Make life a perpetual joy. Derive joy from Satya. Derive joy from
      Tapas. Derive joy from Daya. Derive joy from Dana.

    * Give Joy to any living being. You give service and worship to the
      Lord.

    * Soar high always in the realms of divine pursuit and higher
      spiritual knowledge and realise the Lord of life, love and joy.

    * Within you is the fountain of Joy and Happiness. Practice; feel;
      assert; enjoy the supreme.

*/Gurudevarpan//amstu! /
*

*|Subscribe
<mailto:chidananda-join at divyajivan.org,divyajivan at divyajivan.org?Subject=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.>
| Unsubscribe
<mailto:chidananda-unsubscribe at divyajivan.org,divyajivan at divyajivan.org?Subject=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> | *