[Chidananda] Divya Jivan Newsletter, January 2011

Divya Jivan Newsletter newsletter at divyajivan.org
Fri Dec 31 17:08:09 EST 2010

January 2011

  Divya Jivan Newsletter

*January  2011 *

Home <http://www.divyajivan.org/>
News <http://www.divyajivan.org/news.htm>
Upcoming Events <http://www.divyajivan.org/upcoming_events.htm>
What's New? <http://www.divyajivan.org/what_is_new.htm>
Services <http://www.divyajivan.org/services.htm>
Multimedia <http://www.divyajivan.org/multimedia.htm>
Publications <http://www.divyajivan.org/publications.htm>
Administration <http://www.divyajivan.org/administration.htm>
Saints and Sages <http://www.divyajivan.org/saints_and_sages.htm>
Photo Gallery <http://www.divyajivan.org/photo_gallery.htm>
Contact <http://www.divyajivan.org/contact.htm>

	*
*New Year's  Message ( Jan 1, 2011)
*

"By the command of the Indestructible Being, minutes, hours, days and
nights, stand apart. By the command of the Immortal Brahman, months,
years, seasons and solstices stand apart. He who knows this
Indestructible Being is a liberated sage or Jivanmukta.

Time rolls on. New becomes old and old becomes new again. Today is the
most auspicious New Year’s day. God has given you another chance this
year to enable you to strive for your salvation. Today man is. Tomorrow
he is not. Therefore avail yourself of this golden opportunity, struggle
hard and reach the goal of life. Make the best use of every moment of
this New Year. Unfold all latent faculties. Here is a chance to begin
life anew, to grow and evolve and become a superhuman or a great dynamic
Yogi.

Know the value of time. Time is most precious. Utilise every second
profitably. Live every moment of your life for the realisation of your
ideal and goal. Do not procrastinate. That "tomorrow" will never come.
Now or never. Abandon idle gossiping. Kill egoism, laziness and inertia.
Forget the past. A glorious and brilliant future is awaiting you." -
Swami Sivananda << More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/articles/siva/Newyear%20message_SIVA.htm>

*Early Morning Meditation Talks from Ponder These Truths by Sri Swami
Chidananda*

*//*

    *God's grace and Human Effort*

"Divine grace must be matched, must be responded to, must be augmented
by human endeavor and effort. God’s grace and human effort bring about
divine experience."
/
""  Purushartha/,/sadhana /and /abhyasa /are all one. They are the great
need. In the Gita, Lord Krishna plainly states that that which is
seemingly impossible is possible. /Sadhana /must become second nature.
It should also be progressive.

/"  Purushartha /is undertaken fully realising the magnitude of God’s
compassionate grace, the magnitude of God’s love and blessedness and
with a feeling of constant gratefulness. Thus, in a state of extreme
humility one resolutely should undertake /purushartha/. Then
/purushartha /will not give a false sense of /kartritva abhimana /(pride
of doership). You will strive manfully, diligently, resolutely,
determinedly, but with humility, with simplicity of heart, recognising
that it is a gift of God. May God bless you all!" -Swami Chidananda
<http://www.divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm><< More>>
<http://www.divyajivan.org/ponder_these_truths/index.htm>

*New Year Greetings - Swami Adhyatmananda*

" .... Prayers, Best wishes and Greetings for New Year 2011. May
Almighty Lord and Sri Gurudev Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj’s Grace be ever
upon you all. May you all rejoice everlasting peace and supreme blessedness.

  Remember that peace is your real nature. If you are yearning for
peace, you will abide in peace. Initially you may experience it outside
of you, may be at your place of prayer and meditation. Finally peace
will become your very nature. So seek peace. Your divine self will
become an embodiment of peace, unfading peace, Eternal peace and
Absolute peace....."   -Swami Adhyatmananda/<< More>>
<http://divyajivan.org/adhyatmananda/newyearmessage_2011.htm>
/

New release prasad booklets- *Atam Mahek
<http://divyajivan.org/Diwali/Diwali2010_Aatam_%20Mahek.pdf>( Gujarati)
/ Flower  Fragrance
<http://divyajivan.org/Diwali/diwali%202010_flowers.pdf>( English)
-* Swami Adhyatmananda

*Updating Upcoming Program//**
*

**

News & Activity Report for the month of December 2010
<http://divyajivan.org/News2010/dec2010.htm>

Divya Jivan Gujarati <http://www.divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/index.htm>
/November 2010 (SIVA Special)/
<http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_nov2010_SIVAspecial.pdf>December
2010 <http://divyajivan.org/divya_jivan/DJ_dec10/T_3.pdf>
**

*Quotes of  Swami Vivekananda *

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and everything shall be added unto
you." This is the one great duty, this is renunciation. Live for an
ideal, and leave no place in the mind for anything else. Let us put
forth all our energies to acquire that which never fails--our spiritual
perfection. If we have true yearning for realization, we must struggle,
and through struggle growth will come. We shall make mistakes, but they
may be angels unawares."

  “All that is real in me is God; all that is real in God is I. The gulf
between God and human beings is thus bridged. Thus we find how, by
knowing God, we find the kingdom of heaven within us.”

"Do not go for glass beads leaving the mine of diamonds. This life is a
great chance. What, seekest thou the pleasures of the world? He is the
fountain of all bliss. See for the highest, aim at that highest, and you
shall reach the highest."

  "Learn to feel yourself in other bodies, to know that we are all one.
Throw all other nonsense to the winds. Spit out your actions, good or
bad, and never think of them again. What is done is done. Throw off
superstition. Have no weakness even in the face of death. Be free."

  "Meditation means the mind is turned back upon itself. The mind stops
all the thought-waves and the world stops. Your consciousness expands.
Every time you meditate you will keep your growth."

"In this external world, which is full of finite things, it is
impossible to see and find the Infinite. The Infinite must be sought in
that alone which is infinite, and the only thing infinite about us is
that which is within us, our own soul. Neither the body, nor the mind,
nor even our thoughts, nor the world we see around us, is infinite."

"Realize your true nature. That is all there is to do. Know yourself as
you are—infinite spirit. That is practical religion. Everything else is
impractical, for everything else will perish."

*Vivekananda Jayanti  ( January  12, 2011)
<http://divyajivan.org/Vivekananda/index.htm> *

*/Gurudevarpan//amstu! /
*

*|Subscribe
<mailto:chidananda-join at divyajivan.org,divyajivan at divyajivan.org?Subject=Subscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20subscription.>
| Unsubscribe
<mailto:chidananda-unsubscribe at divyajivan.org,divyajivan at divyajivan.org?Subject=Unsubscribe&body=Just%20press%20the%20%22Send%22%20button.%20You%20will%20get%20the%20confirmation%20link.%20Please%20send%20the%20confirmation%20link%20to%20complete%20the%20unsubscription.>|
Manage Subscription
<http://divyajivan.org/mailman/listinfo/chidananda_divyajivan.org> | *