Manav Seva” at Divya Jivan
Sanskrutik Sangh, Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad.
Project Manav Seva is an extensive program guided by Sri Swami Adhyatmananda Saraswati that focuses on holistically helping the needy and indigent populations. Swamiji is a spiritual master whose heart bleeds for human suffering; this led him to provide the guidance required for such a noble undertaking. Under his guidance, programs specifically geared towards helping the needy and disabled have grown and flourished successfully. Project Manav Seva has been carried out by the Bhagwan shri Vishwanath Mahadev Seva Kendra, Sivanand Ashram for the last nine years and continues to grow by leaps and bounds in the advancement of current programs which address the alleviation of suffering of the sick, disabled, elderly, blind and deaf. The ultimate goal of this program is to further spiritual growth for both those served and those providing service while simultaneously making a difference in people’s lives. The continuation of such comprehensive programs has been possible only because of the unstinted devotion and generous financial help provided by selfless devotees of the Lord all over.
Visvanath Mahadev Seva Kendra
each month free distribution of grains to needy Daridra Narayana families is
being done. Last month (March) 635 kgs of wheat to 37 families was
Sivananda Swathya Kendra free
consultation and holistic way of treating health problems to sick and afflicted.
It runs Monday- Wednesday –Friday (6.oo to
Yoga and meditation camps – Each month from 1st- 10th morning Yogasana classes for the beginners has been organized. This month 136 students joined this camp. Also afternoon and evening yoga classes, specially for the benefits of ladies is a regular activity and it is supported by kind seva of Dr. Snehal Amin, Smt. Surekhaben Sonar, Miss Sangeeta Thawani, Smt. Yojna Tandon and Smt. Janki Shah.
Pilgrimage to Holy Sri Vaishanava Devi
On March 10 to 14, Rev. Swamiji Maharaj, along with Sixty
seven devotees went on pilgrimage to Holy Sri Vaishnav Devi. Devotees from
Surendranagar, Khedbrahma, Bhajpura, Vadodara,
Satsang at Udhampur:
On the way to Sri Vaishnav Devi, Rev, Swamiji Maharaj was welcomed at Jammu Station March 11, 2004 by Army Northern Command Head Quarters Udhampur & they organized satsang in the evening at Chinar Club Pujya Swamiji’s gave a talk on the subject of “How to Relieve Stress through Yoga”. On this occasion, Army Commander G. O. C & C Sri Hariprasadji (AVSM, PVSM, Ph.D, Padmabhusan) his wife Smt. Lakshmi Devi were also present along with other Army officers. Dr. Snehal Amin and Miss Sangeeta Thawani demonstrated Yogasana for the benefits of the troupes present.
worship at the Ashram March 21, 2004 -
services performed during holy Sri Chaitri Navratri from March 21 to
83rd Birthday of Rev Sri Patani Saheb, executive President, Divya Jivan Sanskrutik Sangh
Dr. Mafatbhai J. Patani, M.Sc., Ph.D.,
Rama Navami Satsang
Yogasana Shibir at
Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Association President Sri Rajan Kashyap (I.A.S.) & Chief Secretary organized a Yogasan, Pranayam and Dhyana Shibir. It was attended by large numbers of youth including Cricketers and Tennis players. Sri Katariyaji Commissioner Finance of the Punjab Government inaugurated this camp. Extensive coverage by media was given to this yoga camp.
Evening discourses by Rev. Swamiji’s on the subject of
“Gita Jivan Darshan” were well attended by devotees at Panchkula and
Media coverage of Yoga Camp at Chandigarh
Yogasana Shibir at
Jalandhar (March 21, 2004
Under auspices of Saraswati Adhyatmik Society Yoga, Dhyana
and Pranayam Shibir was held at Jalndhar early in the morning from 5.00am to
7.30 am. In
the evening, Rev. Swamiji Maharaj’s discourses on the subject of
“Bhajgovindam” of Sri Jagat Guru Sri Shankeracharya were well attended by
devotees. Extensive coverage by media was given to this event. During his stay in
Jalandhar, All India Radio and
Doordarsan Jalandhar recorded Rev. Swamiji’s talk.On
Yoga Camp at Jalandhar
Media coverage of Yoga Camp at Jalandhar
Swamiji addressed a large gathering of about five lakhs devotees of
Pujya Swamiji with Governor of Punjab Sri.Guptaji at Rajbhavan.
Visit to Delhi-Gurgaon and Noida:
On request of devotees Rev. Swamiji Maharaj also had
satsang at Noida, Gurgaon and
· On March 4, “Monthly Satsang” was held at Reiki Master Smt. Rupaben Majmudar’s home & sacred Satya Narayana Puja was performed in holy presence of Rev. Swamiji Maharaj
· On March 5, Pujya Swamiji attended Shashtipurti Mahotsava of Jain Muniji Vijaydasji Maharaj, which was held at Tithal, Valsad.Guru Bhagavan Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj had conducted three day Spiritual retreat there in the past. They cherished the memories of holy presence of Pujya Guru Maharaj.
· On March 6, Rev. Swamiji Maharaj was invited to preside over Narayan Guru Cultural Mission’s, annual function held at Naroda, Ahmedabad. On this occasion BJP leader Dr. Mayaben Kodnani attended the function.
· On March 7, Dhuleti day, “Brahma Jyoti “ organization celebrated the 60th birthday of Sri Jashbhai, (fondly known as “Sahebji”) a founder of the organization in the august presence of Rev Sri Swamiji Maharaj at Mogri, village near Vallabha Vidyanagar
Pujya Swamiji Blessing Sri Jasbhai ( "Sahebji") on his Shashtipurti celebration
· On March 8, Ayurved doctors from Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Public Administration visited Holy Sivananda Ashram.Rev. Swamiji Maharaj addressed the doctors on “Human Element in Public Administration”.
· On March 9, Idol of Pujya Sri Krishnashankar Shastriji was installed at Sri Bhagavat Vidhyapith. Rev. Swamiji Maharaj went to Vidhyapith & paid his respect and homage. The head of Vidhyapith Sri Narendrabhai honored Pujya Swamiji.
On the 3rd of each month and every Sunday from 7.00 am to 5.00pm non stop Mrituyan Jaya Japa chanting is being done at he Ashram.
Regular Activities and Services at the Holy Sivananda Ashram
Sivananda Yoga (Yoga DVD)
Yoga, A Way of Life - Sri Swami Adhyatmananda
"Yoga and Health" - a complete book with Question & Answer section by Sri Swami Adhyatmananda
Please subscribe to Divyajivan Mailing List. We will update you with new uploads of spiritual literature on the web of Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj, saints of his lineage and other saints. We will also update you about the Sivananda Ashram, Ahmedabad website and facilitate communication with Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj.
To manage your subscription, please visit Subscription Page. You can also subscribe and unsubscribe from this page. You may unsubscribe by yourself anytime you wish. You will be required to send confirmation link that you will get in your e-mail to complete this subscription.